Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:46:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show us your Themed Batallion!  (Read 2444 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 05, 2009, 08:12:45 pm »

I'm interested to see with all unlocks and that, people's takes on some doctrines.  I've got 1 here to share (which i am using at the moment):

Airborne 'Behind Enemy Lines' tactic

- All Airborne unlocks (ATG, Medics, Riflemen, Support Teams)
- Raid Assault T4
- Raid Fortification (if you need to setup a little defense)
- Recon Runs for spotting the enemy defense when you attack
- Aerial Advantage to go quicker

Raid Assault can be interchanged with Airborne Elite and First to Jump can be changed with Airborne Overhead.

Army Must consist of Max Airborne with RRs, All Support Weapons Airborne when able to be, and Airborne Rifles to Recrew if you have them.

---------------

Basically thats my fun defense breaking completely airborne strat, should be really fun to play.  Lots of easy flanking and fireup.  Just watch out for Luftwaffe defenses such as the whirblewind because they could destroy your entire callin lol.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:59:08 am »

I really like Airbourne Overheard, it's extremely useful if you're running a heavy airborne focused set up.   (In combination with either AB support teams or AB riflemen) Basically you'll be able to pump out a continuous flow of reinforcements while your opponents will struggle to keep up.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:14:10 am »

Royal arty, 2 25 pounders with the supercharged rounds, several mortar pits with their supercharged, lots of foo, rifle nades and piats with their upgraded accuracy and range. Fire for effect so lots of offmaps too
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:16:14 am by Two » Logged

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:35 am »

PE, Tank Killers + Jagd and hetzers.

Jagds and hetzers are f***** awesome with that T4 (25% More penetration, damage and accuracy), they have awesome armor, awesome speed, awesome acceleration, awesome range, awesome HP (jagd only :p), awesome damage, awesome penetration, and ok AI capabilities, and the lack of a turret makes the jagd even better, (most people with good micro knowledge will instantly remember the KT and its silly and slow turret).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:48:32 am by Killer344 » Logged

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:49 am »

PE, Tank Killers + Jagd and hetzers.

Jagds and hetzers are f***** awesome with that T4 (25% More penetration, damage and accuracy), they have awesome armor, awesome speed, awesome acceleration, awesome HP (jagd only :p), awesome damage, awesome penetration, and ok AI capabilities, and the lack of a turret makes the jagd even better, (most people with good micro knowledge will instantly remember the KT and its silly and slow turret).

wtf 25% more for all 3 stats

dude thats retarded. Immediate Nerf plz.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 10:59:50 am »

I really like Airbourne Overheard, it's extremely useful if you're running a heavy airborne focused set up.   (In combination with either AB support teams or AB riflemen) Basically you'll be able to pump out a continuous flow of reinforcements while your opponents will struggle to keep up.
The 30sec drop time is just a gimmick. You might as well walk onto field. You need Airborne Overheard to get any usage of the paradropping ability.

Airborne Support Teams are nice in theory but the supplydrop makes it completely useless. Remove the free shit form supply drops and it’s a good T3. It might also help to balance airborne a bit since it will actually force them to invest a bit in support weapons.
evefive Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:34:30 am »

my Blitzkrieg battalion, complete with a theme on this thing called teamwork  Tongue

OverPower for the faster times (does this work with Reinforcements or Attack or both?)

Joint Operations so that my team can call in more stuff.

Lightning war- this baby is the best ability ive seen as of yet, my stuff comes out fast enough to react to an attack and countercharge.  I.E. a sherman, firefly, and cromwell all attacked my area, i had little AT save panzerfausts which damaged them. 10 seconds later my panther was rolling onto the field (this is late game where most crap is like 30-45 seconds long) and caught them all by surprise, killing the 3 attacking and then taking out another sherman and finally getting blown up by the last ranger unit in that game.

Just one question, is lightning war for the team or just you? either way it helps the team because you can easily summon reinforcements for most parts of the map in a few seconds.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:37:10 am by evefive » Logged
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 02:45:54 pm »

I'm also running a Lighting war tank heavy battalion.  Little normal inf, stug, 3 pivs, 1 panther, lots of stormies/knights cross, 3 mgs and 2 mortars.  Everything comes in its own call in super fasst, its wicked.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:18 am »

Agreeing on Lightning War being the shit. I've been playing Lightning War since the reset and loving it. The initial assault is especially brutal, Volks and flame pios can run past mgs fast enough not to be suppressed and assault nade/flame shit to death. Then just roll in the armour

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:47 am »

im trying M1 carbines with allied grit and short fuse and loads of sticky bombs. i wish bipods was still in =( because i was looking forward to rifles of doom. i travel my rifles with a sherman close behind. but i dont really notice the effects of the carbines really. but i only have two games under my belt with it. i cant wait to get some real good games and see how it works.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc