Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 12:24:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] American Officer  (Read 27198 times)
Thepassenger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 02:31:12 am »

uh..  i never changed anything on the gun but its cooldown i believe.  its base stats for range and damage and what not.

Well then its a mistake by the creators then Tongue

CO's werent line combat leaders but stay in the back and lead from afar, so their shooting ability should be lesser then that of a regular soldier. NCOs had more pull in inspiration and command on the lines then you average CO, and were defantly better effective fighters. This should be applied to all COs for all sides.

One suggestion is to replace CO with a squad called NCO, which gains all the squad pump ups or what not. that is curtainly more realistic.

BTW why doesnt  airborne/blitz get an officer? there are curtainly space open for it.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 02:48:05 am »

unfortunetely he is quite broke, 2 of my pzgrens squads fully healthed went up against a vet 2 US Officers.

Details are as follows...

Vet 2 officer in negative cover, medium range from Grens - Officer.
Grens in Light cover
Grens lost
US Officer HP was untouched.

but in the end they are still Tank shell magnets.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:02:06 am by Demon767 » Logged

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 03:36:37 am »

mp40 & mp44 > Rapid Fire Pistol.

You just wont' see it used much cuz you dont move officers with your infantry like the ami officer, but i've had units gibbed by officers especially snipers and when they get mp40 & mp44, stick 'em in green cover and they're waaaaay better than the ami officer.

Defensive Officer doesn't get Mp40 or Mp44 anymore. And that's a good change, i rather have the same crit chance the US officer gets.

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 05:10:28 pm »

unfortunetely he is quite broke, 2 of my pzgrens squads fully healthed went up against a vet 2 US Officers.

Grens in Light cover
Grens lost

Ever seen multiple rifle squads lose to a vet 3 wehr officer?  They're tough and dangerous at higher vet, something to be feared!  Focus fire or bring a light vehicle to destroy him, or hit him with a nice round of artillery while he's leading the masses! ^^

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 01:46:42 am »

Ever seen multiple rifle squads lose to a vet 3 wehr officer?  They're tough and dangerous at higher vet, something to be feared!  Focus fire or bring a light vehicle to destroy him, or hit him with a nice round of artillery while he's leading the masses! ^^

I haven't, can you send me a screenshot or replay next time it happens? Wink
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 01:51:04 am »

imo, when the pak guys bugged out, just use him. Tongue

Thats abuse :p But it works, had a solo guy take on 2 half hp (full squad) ab squads, and rape them :/ He koed 1 squad and made the other retreat with 1 man.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 03:18:31 am »

Grens in Light cover
Grens lost

if thats so, hes broke aswell, just because one is broke doesnt make the other broken unit right. espically if its in the other faction. it doesnt make it right.

read it closely, i hate repeating this point in balance furoms constantly

just because one unit is broke doesnt make the other broken unit right.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 07:38:19 am »

I haven't, can you send me a screenshot or replay next time it happens? Wink

I might have the replay of that, I'll have to check if I still have it saved when I get back from work today.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 07:43:03 am »

Grens in Light cover
Grens lost

Ever seen multiple rifle squads lose to a vet 3 wehr officer?  They're tough and dangerous at higher vet, something to be feared!  Focus fire or bring a light vehicle to destroy him, or hit him with a nice round of artillery while he's leading the masses! ^^

if thats so, hes broke aswell, just because one is broke doesnt make the other broken unit right. espically if its in the other faction. it doesnt make it right.

read it closely, i hate repeating this point in balance furoms constantly

just because one unit is broke doesnt make the other broken unit right.

If that is so, then how strong should all officers be?  Should an MP40 officer do no damage and not expect to be put up a fight then?  If so, then should we give them almost nil doing damage positions like the extra guys on an Allied HMG team?  The guy does cost the equivalent of a squad with ammo costs, so I would expect him with his sidearm to be able to repel a bunch of guys with bolt action rifles, and isn't he suppose to be like a hero with heroic officer type armor?  If not, then change all officers to infantry armor if they're meant to die quickly for a single guy who, if he dies, means losing all vet and the unit since he has no command guard with him.  I would like to know how is was intended to be fielded if all officers are 'broken'.  Granted they shouldn't be able to take on 3-5 squads or anything like rambo, but at least put up a fight against a squad and with support contribute heavily to a fight.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:23:03 am by lionel23 » Logged
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 08:04:54 am »

What about the LT?

aka UckY  Wink
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 08:27:10 am »

I like the captain with an MG42 LMG, now that's a force to be reckoned with.

And with that example, are we saying we don't want officers to be able to do that?  Remember the American officer can't pick up weapons, while the British ones can pick up shreks and BARs and the like.  Not sure about Axis officers being able to pick up things though, but I think the US officer is just fine.

I have to play with my vet 3 officer and see if how survivable he is compared to the Axis Wehr officer, I just remember he was amazing tough bugger to chase and kill with riflemen and the only way he died in the one game he was annoying me was he was hit by a stray 105mm round and died instantly, causing the player to ragequit XD

But for discussion, how tough should a vet 3 officer be then?  Shouldn't higher vet give them a better chance of surviving, short of making them godlike (I don't want them invincible but I do like them being tough like vet 3 Brit captains, being you had to earn that).
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 03:21:03 pm »

1 officer shouldnt be able to Take on a squad or in fact 2 squads, take brits officers for example, they can do damage, alot actually from cover, but you dont see him taking out 1 or 2 squads, and no one complained because this is not world of warcraft bullcrap heroes with 359860 hp or w/e they have.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 03:33:19 pm »

I believe that hte crit rate on the pistol is simply too high for the US officer.

Could use a reduction by half, and the ROF needs to be toned down too.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 05:23:16 pm »

Yes let's doublenerf shit, sounds like a great way to balance it. How about we doublenerf mp40s too for some reason, needs to cost more and aims way too well.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Thepassenger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 05:29:00 pm »

find me a actual m1911 that is capable of shooting as such and then ill agree that its 'nerfing'.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2009, 05:42:28 pm »

find me a actual m1911 that is capable of shooting as such and then ill agree that its 'nerfing'.

Find me a man that can turn invisible, please.
zinser7 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2009, 05:45:51 pm »

Find me a man that can turn invisible, please.

Or a bike!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2009, 05:46:03 pm »

LT's and captains can pick up weapons.

the ami of ficers can't

terror and def officer get weapon upgrades with vet.

I dont see the problem here? all sounds pretty even.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2009, 05:46:28 pm »

Dood Mal, didn't you know CoH is RL, it uses real physics and stuffs!!!

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2009, 05:47:15 pm »

Dood Mal, didn't you know CoH is RL, it uses real physics and stuffs!!!

Yeah but I just can't FIND any invisible guys. Maybe it's because they're invisible...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc