Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:27:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revert to vEiR  (Read 9558 times)
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 16, 2009, 02:46:52 pm »

Just keep the launcher, and maybe the new factions, im not too bothered about them tbh. Everything was better back in those days.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:50:12 pm by Two » Logged

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:53:33 pm »

Well it would be a shame to throw out all the hard work the devs have put to get to this point.

I wouldnt throw everything away.  Just change up the doctrines to be a bit less powerfull, remove most of the new unit abilities, and get rid of a lot of the off maps.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 03:09:33 pm »

Just keep the launcher, and maybe the new factions, im not too bothered about them tbh. Everything was better back in those days.

how about you quit creatin stupid threads.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 03:37:41 pm »

How is this a stupid thread? vEiR was just so much better then it is now.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 03:44:48 pm »

Lol, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about Two, we are not going back at grens that could take howitzers shots and get out alive without loosing any member or full AB armies with 50% more HP and damage.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 03:48:13 pm »

Why not? Was better then now.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »

I suggest we deport Two to a Zoo, where he can say

moo.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »

I suggest we deport Two to a Zoo, where he can say

moo.

- signed - but only a zoo with some strange modifiers on his food Cheesy

@topic actually i hope that these 40 airborne 30-35 self healing M8 retarded self healing jeep blobs will never come back
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 06:11:38 pm »

How is this a stupid thread? vEiR was just so much better then it is now.

Are you onc rack? Or heroin? 

Because vEIR was well just as broken... If not moreso.  Terror had some of the same, Remember sabatoge? Airborne blobs and arrmies of nothing but airborne?  german armies of bullshit just the same, AB players would hate when my ostwind puma combos would come for them floating around the entire map looking for their drop zones...   

Everyone complained just the same as this is now. 

What it is, IS assholes who continually perpetuated the OP doctrines and play them to a T to say " Well this works to be so OP i must use it" 

Then someone makes a company that can handle it suddenly they want THAT company and so on and so forth... 

Anyone remember 3 T4 Subversion companies with 12 callins Sabatoged and oh yea, Callin timmers at 1 minute 10 mins in?

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 06:12:27 pm »

Did Two ever playing Original EIR?
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 10:07:25 pm »

lol noobs think this is tough and OP wow.......you wouldnt last a in VEiR specially when it was almost 3:1 win ratios and even higher at times with the good players. it was literally not even going to training and sent into combat with just nothing. wow...you do not want that at all stop asking for something you have no clue about. i barely lost a game with my fatherland defense co that had double lmg grens, p4s galore and walking stukas that make EiRs walking stukas look like hotkiss stukas. what crack are you smoking cuz i want it....maybe i can go back to VEiR where the competition was cut throat! you thought vet hunting and griefing was baD?! oh boy man you are in for a world of fucking hurt. VEiR was fucking unrestricted warfare take no prisoners and if you did we made em dig a ditch and shot em.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 11:38:12 pm »

I actually prefer vEiR if not only for the fact that this new launcher fucking pisses me off.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:11 pm »

I propose making an in-built launcher in the website!

That would be so cool! Also, 3 companies per battalion pl0x.

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 12:17:02 am »

Ive been around EIR for longer than most in this thread.  I can tell you that the old EIR was far superior to what we have now.  Atleast for me.  I actually enjoyed playing back then,  even with the 50 airborne companies...

It would not be hard to go back to that type of gameplay.  Remember we did not have any availability at the end of EIR.  Add in some kind of availability or dynamic unit pricing and we wont have any problem with 50 airborne companies.  Tweak the doctrines to make them less powerfull and gamechanging.  And then remove most of the unit clicking abilities.  Granades and Fausts.  If everyone wants cloak removed as well go for it.  Also remove a good amount of the off maps available.

Thats the game I would want to play.  Thats just me and I dont speak for everyone.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:29 am »

Are you serious? Doctrines were WAY more powerful than they are now and offmaps were very fucking power compared to now. Just imagine 5 1 second offmaps or 3bombs,4 strafes EVERY game without paying for them. If you like a minimalistic game then EIRR is much better. I personally don't but just saying.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 12:22:04 am »

If anything, I'd say this is nostalgia talking for most people, not actually vEiR being better.

Hey, I miss my 5 popcap stukas and 255 damage per shot ATGs too, but times change.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 12:49:58 am »

i hate how people suggest resetting docs or for instance the whole system. I dont believe we have the right to suggest we should reset when we have no control over this mod.

but hey, thats just my opinion i tend to get annoyed by little things.. like people standing behind me.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 01:02:13 am »

i hate how people suggest resetting docs or for instance the whole system. I dont believe we have the right to suggest we should reset when we have no control over this mod.

but hey, thats just my opinion i tend to get annoyed by little things.. like people standing behind me.

Hence why I am not demanding anything.  Its their mod, they can do what they want.  I am just saying what would make me play a bit more and probably enjoy the mod a bit more.  Some or most might disagree with me, thats their right as well.

Right now I can honestly say I do not enjoy playing.  For various reasons including off maps, unit abilities, spam, and powerfull doctrine abilities.  Also the maps we have are all overplayed,  our website is not updated often,  our launcher too complex and very annoying to use and there is no alternative like their used to be.

Our last update to our front page was over a month and half ago...  EIR's spinn off mod has updates every couple weeks at the minimum, sometimes faster.  They have a lot more maps than we do as well.  Their mods gameplay is far superior than ours right now as well.  The only reason I dont play that mod is because of issues that I cant write here or this thread will develop into another one of "those" threads.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 01:18:38 am »

We are doing the best we can, but there's only so much we can do when real life issues keep coming up. You have to understand that we do this on our free time, and it gets increasingly hard when people have to work extra hours or have school things. We have alot of things planned but we don't have the time or manpower to get them done as quickly as people would like.

sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 01:46:59 am »

EiR:R has actually been updating quite as often as well, with the exception of the past 2 weeks. Patches were coming out a week or even a few days apart. The difference here is the frequency of publishing on the main page. This is kind of a PR thing; even a few small bug fixes on the main page shows signs of activity, which EiR:R doesn't do right now unless it's a big fix.

The map being overplayed is an issued, but we do have more maps available to break up staleness. It's the war-map PP bonus that is causing it. We COULD use some small fixes since the big patch that is coming is going to take a while.

Like:
PP bonus causing map staleness
Panzergren leaders costing 2 pop
AB weapon teams bugging out pop cap
AB 57mms doing 0 damage at vet 1

On the launcher complexity, can we get new players to weigh in on this. Because I remember waiting 1 hour for a filled vEiR game to run, because maps had to be downloaded and placed manually, players' versions were different etc. I do know that when HC came back after a year he was able to get EiR:R running from knowing nothing about it with no problems in 20 minutes. This wouldn't be true under vEiR with the need to manually sort out files.

I am saying the launcher is massive improvement; but can it still improve? Yes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc