Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:30:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Asymmetric Warfare  (Read 12789 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 04:19:57 pm »

I ran away from the grenades fool. None of the first 4 hit me. I ran forward into the rifles to massacre them with my KCH

No, you ran into the source of the grenades.

Any form of common sense says you do NOT run into a full squad of nutters throwing a hail of grenades at you. Unless being turned into sushi by shrapnel appeals to you.

You also failed to take into account the moving accuracy while you were approaching the target, meaning your DPS wasn't at it's strongest yet while the squad was happily pulling the pins on their next batch of doom. By the time you were in the face of your enemy  and being ready to melt the squad... You were swallowing the next batch of pineapples.

I'd be quite surprised if you managed to kill even half the squad.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 04:24:34 pm »

you're a an idiot hick.

your name fits you perfectly

tank130:
oh noessss....I can't counter your big, unmovable anti tank gun with my much smaller, mobile, and cheaper anti tank gun.......
WTF... the horrors of imbalance.......
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 04:27:33 pm »

this is balance talk undeath, go away.

So back on topic.

I could go spam a 30 rifle company with just this, stickies on every squad and 1 AB medic and completely wtf-ownzorz the fuck out of everything.

If the ability itself isnt OP, then it needs to keep from being spammable. As is, in a normal company, it's fine; but on a rifle spam company, i can see it getting stupid OP.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 04:31:54 pm »

you're a an idiot hick.

your name fits you perfectly

I've got no issue with some faceless person on the internetz hurling abuse at me. The guidelines probably wouldn't though.

I'll take your lack of counter argument as you admitting that you sincerely cocked up with your KCH and have appropriately learned your lesson with running at people throwing a hail of grenades at you.

Glad to have been of help.

Groundfire... There's a problem with that theory right there. You can only field so many Riflemen at once, and each time you use it on a Rifleman, you have to wait ten (Ten!) minutes to use it again.

You could theoretically use the ability, get a squad killed, throw fresh ones on... But you'd be out-attritioned so quickly.

To be Mysthalin-like.... It wouldn't be very cost efficient. :p
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »

I outran the first grenades, they didn't hit me. Theres no use talking to someone like you. You have a thick skull thinking nope, theres no problem with the ability, everyone must just suck.

Undeathwrath mustof sucked with his vet 2 KCH against a vanilla riflesquad
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 04:35:40 pm »

So back on topic.

I could go spam a 30 rifle company with just this, stickies on every squad and 1 AB medic and completely wtf-ownzorz the fuck out of everything.

If the ability itself isnt OP, then it needs to keep from being spammable. As is, in a normal company, it's fine; but on a rifle spam company, i can see it getting stupid OP.

I tried that, it's still not good.  The ability is not reliable anti-infantry and since you're spending all your manpower on rifles and AT, there is little left for anything else.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 04:36:11 pm »

Not the ideal solution to the problem, but until the devs make a fix for the ability... Don't run away.
Surely you would want to get away though?

Can someone get me a video of this in action though? I just want to see what its like, Doesn't have to be anything impressive, like owning 4 squads in one volley, but just it being used on a squad and see what we are dealing with...
And what doc is this skill may I ask Shocked

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 04:39:35 pm »

Yes, you would want to get away... But attempting to get away could result in you swallowing three times the amount of Zooks that you were going to originally get up your arse end anyhow.

As I said... Not ideal, but it's all you can do for now.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »

Yes, you would want to get away... But attempting to get away could result in you swallowing three times the amount of Zooks that you were going to originally get up your arse end anyhow.

As I said... Not ideal, but it's all you can do for now.

Oh, That sounds pretty lame...
Shame my Volks don't fire their Fausts like that D:
They move out of range and I lose the Faust :<
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 07:14:05 pm »

Just got my fist taste of asymmetric warfare used against me, not that impressed to be honest. Did alot less then i thought it would.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 01:38:04 am »

You could theoretically use the ability, get a squad killed, throw fresh ones on... But you'd be out-attritioned so quickly.

Against anything other than volks or pioneers - you'll be the one out-attritioning the enemy. Riflemen cost 190 MP mate - using them to kill, say 240 MP in the form of a grenadier is perfectly worth it. If you kill more than you're worth - you're cost efficient.

And also, seeing as all grenades like to be over-thrown, charging an assaulting squad is a very good idea, especially if you have assault weapons. You just need the micro to be able to keep dodging once you're at point blank range(which is easier said than done Tongue).

I'm very much of the opinion that riflespam with Asymetric would be quite OP - and would love to test it. Unfortunately, I don't have the will to grind up another company to T4 level :S.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:39:37 am by Mysthalin » Logged

105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:54 am »

So back on topic.

I have used this ability for a while now and ill try and give a fair view on it and wat i think could do with changing for balance reasons.

I had a talk about this ability in ventrilo with some guy last nite i think it may have been 3rdcongor and we came up with some intresting solutions and looked at the ability from both sides of the fence.

First of all people need to understand that this is a T3 ability and is not something that should not do anything at all...
The ability could do with the amount of weapons used toned down abit it is kinda amusing that it chases infantry across the map until its kwl dwn kicks in but if its going to do that then it should have the amount used reduced to some extent.

I do not how ever see a huge issue with having these on standard rifles as the ability is not 100% accurate, if you move at all once the ability is fired (ive found its more effective to charge the squad so the grenades will just completly over shoot the target) the ability does zippo damage and the squad gets face raped.

This works the exact same way for the zook side of it, not only is it patheticly useless (i shall not complain it is a form of AT!) but when 2 squads using the ability side by side do not kill a HT (i tested this on 3 occations) then im pritty sure people using P4's/Panthers and up should not even be scratching there arse in worry.

I personly will never use the ability vs vehicles unless i have no form of AT around what so ever as it is that bad, i had 2 squads about to (what i thought) would insta rape the last less then 5% HP of a KT from behind, i used both squads and it took the end part of the ability to kill it.

Anyway if this is considerd being taken from rifles then i guess thats fair but i do think this is being looked into to much as the ability is easily defended or dodged against, you just block the squad with a vehicle and it will kill its self running into it because if you move the ability fails while the vehicle or squad you are attacking runs home free.

My previous thought was if this does end up getting taken from the rifles, then due to the complaining about the AB squads having as many abilitys as they do, take mines off AB and place on rifles?

SnoOp: Hey Undead No one likes you k?

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 09:33:31 am »

Nice cleaning of personal atacks  Roll Eyes
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 01:15:34 pm »

Bans are more effective.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2010, 04:27:02 pm »

Bans are more effective.
Your mod power is over 9000 lately...

The ability seems cool and fits into the mod without any huge crazy problems.
Maybe fine tune it a little, custom damage modifiers based on enemy unit.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc