Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:33:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of France..continues?  (Read 114649 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 12:15:29 am »

I'm posting the general layout in these posts so people can post their ideas.. and what not.. I'll probably implement 1 faction per side at a time, so 1 allied and 1 axis.. so people can try em out.  implementation won't be as long as it was for fall of france 1, as i plan to use some of those files to a degree.. but then again i could just be wrong and take forever and start from scratch Wink

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 03:23:38 am »

does the movable bofors look like this: http://www.xfire.com/video/2e3b41/
lol...

why not post it on relicnews btw? aint more interest = better?
edit: oh, u said "yet..."  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:21:46 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:05:11 am »

does the movable bofors look like this: http://www.xfire.com/video/2e3b41/
lol...

why not post it on relicnews btw? aint more interest = better?
lol you're making amazing units. And how is it supposed to move? The man behind push the bofors ? Tongue

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 04:06:18 am »

that looks hilarios
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 10:29:59 am »

im sure for now it just glides .. till the actual model is done Wink

although im not stupid enough not to have a setup time and a take down time that is balanced .. that video is nuts .. no set up time lol

actually the howitzer kinda glides too, maybe the 75mm pack howitzer model i got will have rotating wheels.

<<< actually i don't think the bofors was movable in FOF... it was rotatable though so you could point it where you want it to be pointed >>>
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:03:09 am by salan » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:03 am »

One of my favorite things in FoF was my spotter artillery system.   In order to use an off map of any type you needed a spotter group.  Currently in the uploaded version the only form of Offmap there is is Howitzer barrages, same for both sides.

The way this works is simple, (picking numbers for the heck of it because im not loading the RGDS atm)  The unit had say 40 sight range.  the off map ability had a range of 50 to be called in.  So if you wanted to call it at max range, you needed something else to sight for you.  The ability locked you in place until the first two sight rounds land.  Two rounds land closer to where you designate the target.   then there is a pause, at which point your unit becomes unlocked.   then the real barrage starts.

artillery in wwii was neither precise nor generally a minor thing(in some cases).  to represent this I gave the artillery something like 75 radius and had 3 cannons firing at a time.  

so think of it this way, a spotter group by itself must be within 40 range to call in the artillery, the artillery once it starts can drift up to 75 range from the target...  How many times I took out my own front lines was hilariously fun.  Everyone who had tried it said it felt very realistic in what we would expect from the time period..

I'm not sure if I really want to add in other spotter options (airborne support, or specific rocket attacks for the germans).. hmmm but it was one of the funnest portions of the game from my perspective.. the ... what if it misfires and hits my own guys!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:41:41 am by salan » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 11:13:31 am »

actually I am going to add the new factions to FOF that currently exists, and when I am done redoing them I'll just remove the original ones. that way it will have factions to test against.. hmmm!!

I wonder how long it will take to add one, time to test that theory out.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:28 am »

Do I smell a fresh opportunity for testing?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »

of course, my main goal would be to see some of it transition in one form or another into EIR Smiley
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 11:41:53 am »

I may just be the luckiest man alive.  well forget the fact my Fiance had a huge fit I was working on COH mods, she can screw herself if that's her argument.

But coming from a completely different stand point into modding I have managed to figure out some rather difficult things with the rgd editing.  My latest triumph, which SHOULD IT WORK, and i believe I can 100% make it work, I should have the only mod with extra factions that are able to recrew.

right now no one can make their factions recrew team weapons.  There is a hard coding issue.  But by designing my game in a completely different manner, I have 100% been able to recrew any and all team weapons with my extra faction (yes I have one working in game now)..  I am in the process of seeing how much I can change it and make it work with what I want.

but it's exciting.  Once the faction is completely done I will share how I did this with the rest of the Relic community so others can hopefully benefit.   In the case I find some later stumbling block that makes this not work, please disregard this message.. lol!

exciting... exciting!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2010, 12:06:17 pm »

I may just be the luckiest man alive.  well forget the fact my Fiance had a huge fit I was working on COH mods, she can screw herself if that's her argument.

But coming from a completely different stand point into modding I have managed to figure out some rather difficult things with the rgd editing.  My latest triumph, which SHOULD IT WORK, and i believe I can 100% make it work, I should have the only mod with extra factions that are able to recrew.

right now no one can make their factions recrew team weapons.  There is a hard coding issue.  But by designing my game in a completely different manner, I have 100% been able to recrew any and all team weapons with my extra faction (yes I have one working in game now)..  I am in the process of seeing how much I can change it and make it work with what I want.

but it's exciting.  Once the faction is completely done I will share how I did this with the rest of the Relic community so others can hopefully benefit.   In the case I find some later stumbling block that makes this not work, please disregard this message.. lol!

exciting... exciting!

Indeed! GL Salan!

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 06:09:25 pm »

Ok well that didn't work, atleast all the factions will be in the same boat as PE, unable to recrew their support weapons!

on a side note I am planning out 12ish allied factions, and 10 axis factions.. so far ... the "Us Infantry" faction was a success and it is up and running in game.  Just adding in the units and what not now.  Then will do one of the axis ones so they can be play tested.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 06:35:52 pm »

updated the second and third post.. second now represents the US INFANTRY as they are currently being implimented, the third describes the unlock system in FOF.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 06:36:55 pm »

worst mod ever with the worse rgd coder i've ever known!

haha j/k...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 06:47:17 pm »

Just cuz you lost most of the fights... alas, this is your chance to give input on force layouts or units you yourself would like to see.

a list of planned factions, in no particular order:

US: Infantry
US: Airborne
US: Armor
Canadian: Mechanized Infantry
Canadian: Artillery
British: Infantry
British: Commando's (gliders)
British: Armor
Polish: Airborne
Polish: FreedomFighters
Combined Countries: Black Devils (orwhatever they were called)
Russian: Infantry (far far off)
Russian: Armor

vs

German: Heer (base infantry faction)
German: Volksturm (defensive faction)
German: Mechanized Infantry division
German: Panzer Division
German: PanzerJager Division
German: Luftwaffe Glider Division
German: Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger Division
German: Artillery Division
German: Stormtrooper
German: Infiltrator

I don't have the base names for the german in front of me, so meh..  anyways I have a ton of custom models which I didn't have in the previous version and infantry types and vehicle types will be restricted to specific factions.  any suggestions / desires.. speak up, its all getting planned now Wink
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:26:27 am by salan » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 10:49:53 pm »

No italians or french that fought on the german side, or austrian's, maybe desert corps
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:58 pm »

Canadian Armoured Corps

The 4th and 5th were in nearly all major ww2 battles

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 12:41:55 am »

black devils were a Canadian special forces infantry company, there not combined?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 12:44:13 am »

How do you play this mod may I ask?
Like, Where do I install it too, and where do I find people to try this out with? Or has this mod not got to a point where I can do this?

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2010, 12:48:35 am »

Why do you need so many factions?! Wouldn't things get confusing?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc