Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:52:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas from other mods  (Read 10826 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: August 09, 2010, 01:32:18 am »

Of course we play other mods and i've noticed some new coding that i think would be cool to add into eirr.

in battle of the buldge they've got towable at guns and arty by truck or halftrack. - it looks funny but is rather useful on big maps.

in botb and blitzkrieg the hold ground command, it makes your infantry stop right there, dont move even when underfire, would love to have that in eirr.

now while the atc system is cool, not sure how it would change things for eirr.
Basically, if you have more men in a sector, you cap faster, than if you have a few, so no more running 1 man around capping at normal speed. Also if u have 1 man holding a sector and i have a 5 man squad move in, i'll cap that sector from you .

blitzkrieg facing button - you can turn your hmg, at gun or mortar without packing up.

nebel can fire up or straight like callie, useable to make sure u hit a certain target, gets the shell there faster but has lower arc so can't fire over anything.

rather than having ab units drop with weapons ready, weapons come in parachutable box puts a lil more realism

ab spotter, if u want to parachute into fow, u have to drop spotter first.

arty spotter. can target a single unit and the arty trains its gun on that unit, still firing an arcing shot but all shots will try to hit that target. also uses offmaps, could be something to add on to change off map mechanic to a single unit on field and not some random shot in the dark.

decoy 25 - since 25's can move, have a decoy built to draw enemy

arty smoke - arty can fire huge smoke barrack to cover troops.

pantherturm - would be cool to add to def doc. less vulnerable than the 88 against arty fire but lower range and less damage.

wesp - 105mm howitzer on a panzer kinda like the Hummel but weaker.

Its not well written out but meh its late. Anybody have any comments or other ideas?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:23:58 am »

blitzkrieg facing button - you can turn your hmg, at gun or mortar without packing up.

rather than having ab units drop with weapons ready, weapons come in parachutable box puts a lil more realism

I think that points must be done.
Other - objects block LOS. But in other thread about it devs say that they do not want Sad

Senseless and ruthless.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:36:18 am »

I don't think the wespe has been released to public though, there are tons of new models being released.

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:26 am »

in battle of the buldge they've got towable at guns and arty by truck or halftrack. - it looks funny but is rather useful on big maps.
That would be seriously cool, I was slightly surprised this wasn't in vCoH, It seems that they might of missed on a pontentionally big thing, Do you buy a HT so you can move your ATG's around faster or Tech faster and have slower ATG's Cheesy
But yeah, It would be seriously awesome if they could add this to this mod Cheesy

in botb and blitzkrieg the hold ground command, it makes your infantry stop right there, dont move even when underfire, would love to have that in eirr.

So if I understand that correctly, this stops them from dancing? If so, This would BE Seriously cool, SO annoying when they pop out of green cover dude to dancing simply because they were fired upon.
Another good idea Cheesy

Basically, if you have more men in a sector, you cap faster, than if you have a few, so no more running 1 man around capping at normal speed. Also if u have 1 man holding a sector and i have a 5 man squad move in, i'll cap that sector from you.
This is an interesting one. It would certainly stop men with one person left in it being used to hold WHOLE sectors from massive groups of enemys. Would be a strange move though if they do. Would take a little while to get used too x)

I'm assuming, that they can't shoot while turning...If they can't then this is ANOTHER awesome idea that I would like to see in game Smiley

nebel can fire up or straight like callie, useable to make sure u hit a certain target, gets the shell there faster but has lower arc so can't fire over anything.
Salan has something like this in his mod where his 220mm nebel can ONLY fire like a calliope, it's very intresting to say the least, seeing the rockets travel across the map, Very annoying when there happens to be a building in the way, but awesome nether the less, so I can see this being doable, Maybe have 2 barrages both on the same global cooldown for the unit Cheesy

Mmm, Don't see why this would make it better? Since if you were near the troops, you've already killed them before they dropped and you've now got a free box of RR's and Rifles.
And if you wasn't, you probably won't be near enough to kill them before they resupply, All you really be doing here is giving unnecessary micro for people, and for newbs will making the game more complex then it really needs to be.

Don't really know my opinion on this. Specially since drift will kick in too some degree which will make the spotter pointless, since it most likely won't drop near him x3

arty spotter. can target a single unit and the arty trains its gun on that unit, still firing an arcing shot but all shots will try to hit that target. also uses offmaps, could be something to add on to change off map mechanic to a single unit on field and not some random shot in the dark.
The biggest problem I can find with doing this is, What happens too ALL you're offmaps when your Arty spotter dies since its going to happen, A lax in Micro, a lucky mortar ect.
Its going to be a piss take when 10~SP's have gone because you've failed :<

decoy 25 - since 25's can move, have a decoy built to draw enemy
Don't know what the 25's are in this game so...really can't comment x______x

arty smoke - arty can fire huge smoke barrack to cover troops.
Very intresting...but I rather just have a barrage of arty really, make THEM move and then move my forces as they are dying... Grin

pantherturm - would be cool to add to def doc. less vulnerable than the 88 against arty fire but lower range and less damage.
Would be VERY interesting too see, Although, You would somehow need to balance it against the 88 so you have to chose which to go for...
Or just swap the two around so that the falls and their 88 has some uniqueness and not a copy paste from the Defensive company Grin

wesp - 105mm howitzer on a panzer kinda like the Hummel but weaker.
Now this a good idea. Give it too someone on the wehr side, so they got something big too be able to arty back and show the allies what its like to be on the receiving side of something that can insta gib squads. This is a big YES from me Cheesy
Just...who would get it though, I'm thinking defensive, although it COULD work in terror...

As for my own ideas...
I want a AirDroppable 88. Salan won't allow it in his Fall of France Mod, He says it will be unbalanced, I don't see why, so I want to see if EiR will allow it Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:48:22 am by MittinsKittens » Logged

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 07:09:38 am »

So if I understand that correctly, this stops them from dancing? If so, This would BE Seriously cool, SO annoying when they pop out of green cover dude to dancing simply because they were fired upon.
Another good idea Cheesy

EiR already has the Auto seek cover and other movement stuff disabled so Units don't dance while fighting Some of the other stuff would truly be helpful.

Given the size of most EiR maps somethings just won't work, like the RR deployment in a crate thing. If we want realistic terms you'd scatter the 6 man squad over all of a map and they wouldn't know where the crate dropped with their equipment, half the match would be spent looking for them

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:57 am »

half the match would be spent looking for them
And the other half would be spent fighting Stormies with double Shreks and Double RR's Tongue
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:13:28 am »

How is this realistic? AB dropped weapons ready incase they landed to close to enemies, there were also a few cases of broken jaws to poor landings and badly holding your gun.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 08:29:05 am »

Para's dropped with their rifle at the ready...

Things like Recoilless Rifles, or anything that isn't a part of their basic and essential kit would have to be air dropped separately.

You wouldn't get a Para dropping in with a Recoilless Rifle and without his rifle, as that would leave him screwed upon immediate contact with enemy personnel.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:32:01 am »

Para's dropped with their rifle at the ready...

Things like Recoilless Rifles, or anything that isn't a part of their basic and essential kit would have to be air dropped separately.

You wouldn't get a Para dropping in with a Recoilless Rifle and without his rifle, as that would leave him screwed upon immediate contact with enemy personnel.

thats why you got a pistol Tongue
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 08:38:45 am »

Side-arms weren't usually given out to your average troop jumping out of an Aircraft, they were reserved for Officers, NCO's, etc - people who were important to make an extra effort to keep alive.

If your average rifleman dies, somebody else can go and pick up their kit and fill his shoes. An Officer or NCO dies, and you've got a gaping hole in your leadership tree. Therefore, they are issued a side-arm so as they can defend themselves in the lesser likely event they are caught with their pants down.

Giving every single serviceman a side-arm would be costly.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:15:43 am »

Side-arms weren't usually given out to your average troop jumping out of an Aircraft, they were reserved for Officers, NCO's, etc - people who were important to make an extra effort to keep alive.

If your average rifleman dies, somebody else can go and pick up their kit and fill his shoes. An Officer or NCO dies, and you've got a gaping hole in your leadership tree. Therefore, they are issued a side-arm so as they can defend themselves in the lesser likely event they are caught with their pants down.

Giving every single serviceman a side-arm would be costly.

I was joking about the pistol

But not quite true what you said, for example the m1911 had about 1 million handguns in service. And the Officer Only myth comes more from the fact that WW2 warfare generally made pistols useless compared to a standard rifle. And most of them were issued to personelle not usually engaged in Infantry combat like Airforce and Tank crew. (although many tank crew sneaked rifles on board just in case)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:26:42 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:28 am »

I was joking about the pistol

Pulling the joke card after I prove you wrong is very unsporting. T_T

Either way I wouldn't mind if Airborne had their equipment dropped next to them... Could allow you to grab them yourself with the Airborne, let another unit grab it, or let a team mate get a hold of em.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 09:27:03 am »

Pulling the joke card after I prove you wrong is very unsporting. T_T

Either way I wouldn't mind if Airborne had their equipment dropped next to them... Could allow you to grab them yourself with the Airborne, let another unit grab it, or let a team mate get a hold of em.

Prove me wrong? how?

Because the British Forces had a sever shortage of handguns does not apply to American forces

If anything the AB wouldn't have been issued handguns to the severe load limit the had. Having weapons that required 2 different types of ammo would have been too hard to load up on

Still if i remember correctly most AB dropped with a Colt .45 or a m1911
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:39:15 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 09:35:40 am »

Pistols are useless. Especially when for a little more weight and size you can get a Submachine Gun. Pistols only fill the LCF quota. as far as combat effectiveness is concerned they are junk.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 09:36:03 am »

So what was the point in pulling out the reason for them to have a side-arm, if you were going to eventually pull out a reason for them not to have them of your own later?

Seems a little pointless.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 09:41:25 am »

So what was the point in pulling out the reason for them to have a side-arm, if you were going to eventually pull out a reason for them not to have them of your own later?

Seems a little pointless.

Because due to the nature of war no troop went into battle with exactly the standard gear they were issued after they have been in thier first, so it kind of is a moot point.

Even Tank crews were known to make adjustments to thier vehicle like the famous British Tanks having thier speed regultors ripped out only to have command try to put them back in after the battle, over and over again
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:44:23 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 10:41:54 am »

I put the "tow-able ATGs" thing past bob, he said that it would be very hard to do because we need to keep track of vet or something or other.

I personally think its no more different than loading an ATG into the HT to be carried like other units. Im sure theres a way to do it, just gotta take alot of time and fiddling around with the system.

Would make a great Armor doctrine ability tho tbh.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:37 am »

Yeah, some things may be impractical and the facing button, i thought the didn't pack up but they still do, i have no idea why they have it tbh...

and yeah groundfire, it just gets loaded into the halftrack just like infantry but it drags off teh back, so it wouldn't lose vet.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 10:50:28 am »

question is, how da' fuck do we get that atg to hang off the back? Lol
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 10:51:40 am »

copy code :| download botb latest version and back engineer it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc