Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:19:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HATE  (Read 9384 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 09:18:49 pm »

id also liked to say that Smokaz full well knew the community and if it didnt go to plan it would be his own fault and own waste of time. Im not obligated to praise Smokaz waste of time when it failed.He chose to do it himself and he bares full responsibility. im not obligated to like his work. id praise him if it succeeded and i was proven wrong. which hasnt happen. which in the end was my first point at the start of this whole campaign shenigans.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

If it was me, i wouldnt have attempted to get the campaign going. so i stand subjectively against your opinions. dont try and go all high and mighty and trying to make me feel guilty. it aint happening buddy.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 09:40:04 pm »

If it was me, i wouldnt have attempted to get the campaign going.

It is a sad, sad commentary for this community and your role in it if you think someone trying and failing is more pathetic than someone who doesn't try at all and smugly scorns those who do.

Pathetic.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 09:42:14 pm »

it was highly unrealistic that this amount of errors would happen. the concept was sound and although mechanically complicated to execute and coordinate, it wasn't intellectually hard to do

I berate the campaign as well thinking it will fail, but at least I do it out of scope. Today two in many ways COMPLETELY normal games hosted failed utterly because of connection issues and problems with the launcher simply not DOING what its supposed to do, aka give players true choice in their game mode settings.

so,

demon you can kiss my ass*

*edited for the children

cheers,

smokaz
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:53:20 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 10:14:27 pm »

also thanks to killer for helping me dish out the last minute companies

I really think this is quite doable, we did get 1/2 game played but leophone ragequitted that lol

I really need someone to send me the replay from that game, I just want to see how the game panned out!

But, for stuff like this to work, its about players being patient and present when its supposed to be happening.

When players do not show up it creates a huge time sink..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:17:39 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 10:19:52 pm »

jeeze its just a game, no one is obligated to do anything.

yes i stated gonna fail horribly at the start because

1. Experience from the tourney
2. People couldnt follow rules in signing up

disaster waiting to happen. i was right.
not my doing that came up with this opinion. its the community. and lack of proper planning.

Most stupid and arrogant post I've seen on a while, honestly, I should not reply to people who don't even have 6 hours used to work on the mod, because the standard response is just fuck yourself. But you know what, it wasn't the community's fault, the randomness of the launcher was, 83% of the people who signed up joined at the time they were told to without including the replacements if they didn't show up, that seems like a damn good percentage, I think.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 10:25:38 pm »

In fact everyone except brn and sheffer were there.. Nijo came half drunk home from town to play, 30 minutes late but he still showed up

brn was at a funeral, computer got busted by the police.. sheffer we dont know what happened to, but he's russian you know how that goes

Its EIRR its crazy but dont hate
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »

It is a sad, sad commentary for this community and your role in it if you think someone trying and failing is more pathetic than someone who doesn't try at all and smugly scorns those who do.

Pathetic.

-Wind

+1

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 11:07:12 pm »

I applaud you Smokaz for the effort and planning you put into it, I promise next time I'll be around to help keep order lol

i had my own crap storm the last 2 days.

and to demon, didn't yo' momma say if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
arsonist123 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »

this campaing thing isn't fair =( and its all for the elitist... I don't have level 9 accounts.. any chance of seeing a set-up game for levels under nine? like maybe level 1 accounts idk ? I honestly don't have the luxury to play 52 games .... because... I just don't... but I really wanted to participate in community hosted events.. because it makes me intrigued alot but too bad this is for the Patricians....
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 12:37:32 am »

if ur good only takes about 30 games to get to level 9 but yea i see what u mean
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 01:44:03 am »

Its EIRR its crazy but dont hate

I do think you deserve more appreciation for the work you did, it was a very good idea, and could have worked. However, I'm going to be honest, I probably won't be handing over the reigns to my company again. Not that I lost anything important like Wind, but a mineless defense against vet3 KT and swarms of goliaths is not my idea of an even match... not to mention our side only had 2 T4s going in.

(just saying)

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:01 am »

i send you the link to the replay yesterday smoky in vent! Looks like you didnt pay attention ^^

sorry for showing up late but i had in mind that we start at 0030 and i wanted to show up half an hour earlier but my watch desided to stop for half an houer -.-**

Out Game (allied attack) was ok and I think the start callins where fair. (Somany mines oO)

Leo lost a bunch of vet and than ragequit sad but true.

I send you the replay smokas

-nijo-
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 02:50:41 am »

What happened now, can someone give a clear information? Tongue

sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 03:11:36 am »

sheffer we dont know what happened to, but he's russian you know how that goes
im srry guys, i was very tied and just fall asleep on a keyboard while waiting a game

Senseless and ruthless.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:59 am »

I do think you deserve more appreciation for the work you did, it was a very good idea, and could have worked. However, I'm going to be honest, I probably won't be handing over the reigns to my company again. Not that I lost anything important like Wind, but a mineless defense against vet3 KT and swarms of goliaths is not my idea of an even match... not to mention our side only had 2 T4s going in.

(just saying)

I wouldn't call it so early... The scenario was intended to have a shock factor for allies early game.

I had put in severe limitations on the axis side. Only 1 axis player had paks, while sheffer and wind was swimming with AT guns
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 07:11:18 am »

lol wat a funny thread kinda good this all came out though cause i am sure at least half of the community is feeling this way.

wat has happend to EIRmod? has he dissapeared or did he get a real life!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 10:42:28 am »

(just saying)

Because a KT without a repair kit is so scary......
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 11:38:12 am »

Because a KT without a repair kit is so scary......

Yes I forgot about this as well.. You guys didnt know because the briefing didnt include the allies when it said "their most vulnerable piece of armor cannot repair" for obvious reasons!

Dont judge the scenario based on the outcome, base it on how it felt!

Also again its not my fault when players sign on with a T4 companies and reserve players are not alllowed to use level 9's because of arguments between Wind and KIller..

In retrospect i should ofc have said "wind and killer stfu about hte players and the levels, this is my scenario"

killer thought he was so outgunned and incompetence-riddled yet its the allies that ended up complaining about the campaign

As for the hellcats Ive given it some thought and hellcats had plenty of targets, and the ability to cloak to defend because of defense timer

they could attacK
- 2 marders (two hellcat strikes would close to 1 shot each marder)
- hotchkiss
- 2 stugs (you can ambush and circle stugs just fine)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:44:32 am by Smokaz » Logged
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 12:04:51 pm »

Because a Firefly rush is so effective against 9+ long range AT weapons. And don't tell me the upgun churchill is an anti-tanks weapon...

That said, I see your point, the scenario is meant to throw wrenches in the system. In the future, however, I don't think veterans should be fielded. Imagine if we had managed to sticky the KT and he lost it simply because it had no repair? It may have been an interesting game nonetheless, but it's not just "fun and games" if someone loses a vet3 monster unit because the scenario is supposed to be "interesting".

Oh and, I'm not sure why you are completely uninterested in announcing the game in GMT time. If you really want people to come away thinking 5 different things about when the game is supposed to go, that's your prerogative.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc