Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 12:31:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] [Armor] HE rounds  (Read 12097 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:34 pm »

I'll just make a fresh thread with my suggestion lol...

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 01:59:26 pm »

You want to make 2 threads about the same topic, huh?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:02 pm »

Well this one has got side tracked, so yeah tbh.

EDIT:

This thread is about HE rounds against buildings - Mine is a suggestion of how to fix it in it's "Unbalanced" state.

So similar thread titles, different content - If you want to be pedantic.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:04:48 pm by Hicks58 » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 05:56:05 pm »

I'm curious is the problem HE rounds or is it the pershing with HE rounds? There seems nothing at all OP about the sherman with them.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »

Pershing HE rounds.

It would be like giving the Tiger HE rounds...

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

Sherman maybe not so OP, but pershing yes, for it demolishes infantry with little risk.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:25 pm »

How many T4s have cons like this one does (speaking of the sherman)? You can't upgun on top of the fact that you now do even less damage to armored units, and you do less damage to units in buildings.

Pershing HE rounds though I agree need to be nerfed, but sherman ones need a buff, or they need to be available on upgunned shermans. Add some suppression to them maybe? Also they should do better against units in buildings.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

How many T4s have cons like this one does (speaking of the sherman)? You can't upgun on top of the fact that you now do even less damage to armored units, and you do less damage to units in buildings.

Although in this case i found its a for once acceptable trade off. You still get the option to take this at hit but your not forced too.

And you can always just fall back on atgs for your at needs. I think the m4 HE is fine as it is tbh, but the pershing HE seems a little redundant as you already massacre infantry without it

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:52 am »

You might have a point there Spartan. totally removing the HE on Pershing and focusing on the "urban tactics" with the Sherman

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 11:32:22 am »

Although in this case i found its a for once acceptable trade off. You still get the option to take this at hit but your not forced too.

And you can always just fall back on atgs for your at needs. I think the m4 HE is fine as it is tbh, but the pershing HE seems a little redundant as you already massacre infantry without it

If Pershing HE rounds were redundant, people wouldn't be clamoring for a nerf. As it stands, Pershing HE rounds are extreme overkill.

I'm curious...

Could somebody please post the stats on the HE Pershing's gun of doom and the StuH's gun of underwhelming disappointment?

I'd love to see the values side by side.
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:31 am »

If Pershing HE rounds were redundant, people wouldn't be clamoring for a nerf. As it stands, Pershing HE rounds are extreme overkill.

I'm curious...

Could somebody please post the stats on the HE Pershing's gun of doom and the StuH's gun of underwhelming disappointment?

I'd love to see the values side by side.
It is not about stats, but because stuh gun is shooting projectile, not like pershing
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 12:04:43 pm »

I don't think it's much to ask to compare the damage values of the two weapons. Do you think otherwise?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 12:26:09 pm »

not much to ask at all mal:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=14995.0
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 03:48:43 pm »

if people just compared the HE round to the normal 75mm or pershing round they would find the HE round to be less impressive then they believe. Theyare quick to point out all the times an HE round gibbed 2 or more of their men but fail to notice all the times an HE round got gibbed by a fence or other world object. There is a trade of in using HE rounds, as someone who has tested them significantly with and without I can tell you teh difference in killing power is negligble. Your standard shell gives you a more reliable attack whereas the HE round gives you a less reliable attack with a greater potential pay off.

As a side note, its not very rare for a Tiger to gib 3 or 4 Riflemen in one shot. They have a fairly large splash radius that is not effected by world objects in the same way HE rounds are. I appreciate this discussion, its very valid, but can people who post here ensure they have played significantly WITH the ability as opposed to against. Human nature will always remember all the negatives and forgoe the positives. IE you will remember all the hits but never the misses.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:10 pm »

PQ, most people are not complaining that it's OP or UP most people are just saying that it's broken. It doesn't function the way it should.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »

pq, as someone who uses the ability extensively, I can say that it's unbelievably devastating. Far more so than the regular gun. In my experience, the regular gun performs much like the tigers gun. It CAN be just as brutal as the HE round, but only a minimum of the time. Usually just 1 kill, or even a straight miss but with splash damage is likely. With HE rounds, 2 is the norm, and 1 or just splash damage is the minimum. Not to mention the brutal psychological impact a howitzer style explosion going off over vet squads has on people. Halving a squad on a regular basis with just one shot is too much. It makes the attrition axis players go through even worse than it already is. This is especially true with support weapon teams. 90% of the time the thing will one shot a support weapon team. This is troublesome by itself since atgs, the deterrent to aggressive tanks, is nullified in the blink of an eye. All of this is ignoring the fact that the pershing can still take on armor just as well as it always has. This leaves the axis with very few reliable counters.

Oh, and thx a million Leophone     
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 09:40:43 pm »

my biggest problem is the fact that pershing with HE can walk upto paks atm and jib them with 1 shot...
for sure the tiger does it as well actually both do it quite well.

it is very hard to kill pershing without mass at same with the tiger, with the -12% incoming damage it makes it even harder to kill pershings and since the last reset my panthers have been failing to consitently penetrate pershings :S it is rather annoying when thats what u buy them for.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 07:21:40 am »

yea, panthers have lost thier zing in EiR when faced against all the current allied tactics.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:25 am »

my biggest problem is the fact that pershing with HE can walk up to paks atm and jib them with 1 shot...
for sure the tiger does it as well actually both do it quite well.

Both may do it well, but a pershing is way faster than a Tiger. I can back up a atg fast enough to get away. I can't pull a pak away fast enough. Pak's also do not have AP rounds, so the pershing is taking very little damage from the couple of shots the pak does get off.

I say keep HE rounds on everything else, but heavies should not be getting any buffs of any kind in this mod. They are strong enough as they are.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 11:21:41 am »

i half agree with you there tanks. the problem with the mod today is the unbalance bwteen the allied and axis doctrine buffs, currently the allied doctrines give way too much Free shit to thier own units, while the axis sit around with half mediocre buffs and a few good ones, it creates a bad metagame filled with gimmick vs gimmick of constantly free shit with no penalties or drawbacks. Buffs on the heavies is fine, but not adding shit to them, thats not ok.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc