Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:20:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] SE Panzer IV IST  (Read 34178 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2011, 05:04:41 am »

accuracy of the gun itsself doesn't matter much for tank shells killing by splash and not sniping single dudes like some light vehicles d
If the shell makes a miss than the splash does not help alot. To have an effective splash a shell needs to hit inf and if they are close together then it counts the most.

If you are running away with rifles most of the time the last one or two guys are away from the rest and when IST hits them the splash does nothing to the guys on front.

but yeah the axis fanboys don't want to see their toys nerfed  Roll Eyes

IST was already nerfed like 3 times.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:06:19 am by nugnugx » Logged

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2011, 06:44:55 am »

The allied fanboys never get thier stuff nerfed unless its blantantly obvious its super overpowerd like the old HE.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2011, 11:55:08 am »

accuracy of the gun itsself doesn't matter much for tank shells killing by splash and not sniping single dudes like some light vehicles do

but yeah the axis fanboys don't want to see their toys nerfed  Roll Eyes

Accuracy counts for everything even in splash, since the "splash" also rolls to hit.

BigDick
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2011, 12:15:48 pm »

wrong there is a difference between AOE "accuracy" and Accuracy for a combat hardpoint aka maingun

the second defines where the projectile lands and since you need to hit a squad and no single target it doesn't matter much if it lands more close to the guys spread out to right or left.
You can see that very good at cannons without splash sniping single guys. For weapons with splash the main gun accuracy defines the center of the splash and AOE accuracy if there is a miss or hit onto a single dude of the squad and how much damage it gets.

But thats all offtopic...the topic is about retarded moving lockdown fast autofiring P4 ISTs are that get up to 2 range buffs.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2011, 12:30:05 pm »

wrong there is a difference between AOE "accuracy" and Accuracy for a combat hardpoint aka maingun

the second defines where the projectile lands and since you need to hit a squad and no single target it doesn't matter much if it lands more close to the guys spread out to right or left.
You can see that very good at cannons without splash sniping single guys. For weapons with splash the main gun accuracy defines the center of the splash and AOE accuracy if there is a miss or hit onto a single dude of the squad and how much damage it gets.

But thats all offtopic...the topic is about retarded moving lockdown fast autofiring P4 ISTs are that get up to 2 range buffs.

Its been stated a couple times that the vet 3 range buff does not work.  Also test the accuracy against green cover while in lockdown yourself.  Put some sort of infantry behind a green cover wall and move a lockdown IST towards it.  You're more likely to blow up their cover, ie the wall, before you start damaging the squad.   
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »

Its been stated a couple times that the vet 3 range buff does not work.  Also test the accuracy against green cover while in lockdown yourself.  Put some sort of infantry behind a green cover wall and move a lockdown IST towards it.  You're more likely to blow up their cover, ie the wall, before you start damaging the squad.   

Ugly, on average, how many kills a game do either of your ISTs get? Because I typically see them get at least 20+ infantry kills, anywhere from 2-4 light vehicle kills. How many units with doctrine buffs that cost that much get that many kills? And I'm sure you've had ISTs with much more kills than that as well.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
BigDick
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2011, 01:00:57 pm »

Its been stated a couple times that the vet 3 range buff does not work.

u noob look it up yourself in RGDs it works
don't know why you spread out this misinformation

Also test the accuracy against green cover while in lockdown yourself.  Put some sort of infantry behind a green cover wall and move a lockdown IST towards it.  You're more likely to blow up their cover, ie the wall, before you start damaging the squad.   

green cover reduce splash of sherman/churchil etc. tanks too that has nothing to do with moving lockdown ISTs

whats next arguments you pull out of your ass?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2011, 02:21:38 pm »

hes saying the -25% acc from moving stacked with the -15% from using lockdown and the -50% from green cover makes for a very low chance of hitting the zooka rangers. Shermans with longer native range can just stay still and only get - 50% acc instead of the -90% accuracy ISt would get.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:40 pm »

Ugly, on average, how many kills a game do either of your ISTs get? Because I typically see them get at least 20+ infantry kills, anywhere from 2-4 light vehicle kills. How many units with doctrine buffs that cost that much get that many kills? And I'm sure you've had ISTs with much more kills than that as well.

Any half decent PzIV or Sherman should do that....
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2011, 04:05:10 pm »

Yeah, my opening Pazner IV for my Blitz company doesn't usually leave the field until it's got 15-25 Infantry kills and 1-2 tanks most games.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:53 pm »

When you say your ATGs die in the fire are you talking about inc shot? If your ATGs are dying to inc shot,  one thing that may save them is placing then behind any object such as a fence, box, dead hulk, car etc.  Inc shot has virtually no arc and therefore can blocked by most objects including corners of buildings, this allows you to often back the ATG away before the inc shot fire can decrew the ATG.  If the ATG gets hit by an inc shot directly then yea there is almost no way to save the ATG as the fire almost instacrits the crew.  In turn placing your zook rangers in green cover actually increases their survivability significantly against normal IST cannon fire.  Hell, if you have 2 or more vet 3 ranger squads in green cover with tank reapers its probably not even worth approaching them with an IST even if those rangers are without ATG cover, the IST would simply take too much damage for little or no return.

What do you mean by blocked though? When the Inc shot fires and hits, it erupts into a small circle like fire explosion that burns everything in a surrounding area, so even if it hit something else, doesn't it still have the possibility of damagin/killing the ATG crew?

And doesn't anyone find it a bit weird that I would need an ATG and 2 Ranger Zook squads to take down a single IST? Not to mention with EiRRs norm maps being open fields without any cover =P

I want my Jumbos to fire nukes.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »

this is fun. now bd knows how I Feel fighting all the axis fan bois who dont wanna see their favorite toys nerfed.

the fact is, no other tank gets a range buff, the ist does and it breaks it. just take the freakin range off devs. theres no need for a +5 range on teh ist in long range destruction unless you make it so the +5 range doesn't work if they have the moving lockdown. one or the other is fine, both breaks it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2011, 05:27:52 pm »

You guys do know you can block a IST with a jeep, forcing it to turn and shoot the jeep if it wants to advance past the ATG. And a normal 75mm sherman should scare him off from killing the IST. There really shouldn't be a huge problem with them. As a brit I have faced and have had no problems with them due to bren and HMG carriers, A american might have a different story, and on my pershing armour acc I have never faced them (maybe once) but I assume they wont be a problem, I will use one of my pershings or use a jeep to block the IST from advancing past the ATG and sticky it (My army is full of em)

But it is true on a US I cant truly say what is most effective against it because I haven't faced it with them, but I am sure the jeep/atg/sticky will be sufficient.

A sticky then a sherman/m10 usualy puts my SE IST's out of service.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2011, 05:49:56 pm »

That doesn't help your "my family wasn't convicts" argument.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2011, 05:52:54 pm »

even this make sense no.

Post a proper argument instead of this bullshit? Or perhaps I should say

HERP DERP L2P

every time im in balance forums.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2011, 06:15:14 pm »

i love how some of u keep saying "well just use this!" the thing is, sometimes u can't fit an extra sticky or jeep or w/e you think that person needs into your company. The ability is OP and needs to be nerfed, point blank.

If i have to bring out a freakin jeep to block it cuz it might rape my normal AT, then something is really wrong there. 
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2011, 06:44:33 pm »

i love how some of u keep saying "well just use this!" the thing is, sometimes u can't fit an extra sticky or jeep or w/e you think that person needs into your company. The ability is OP and needs to be nerfed, point blank.

If i have to bring out a freakin jeep to block it cuz it might rape my normal AT, then something is really wrong there. 

You could use a pair of ATGs....or check it out, 1 M10. Or a Sherman, or a Cromwell....

There are so many counters to these things its silly. Just because you don't want to make changes to your gameplay or company does not mean it's OP.

That's like rushing BARs at a P4 and claiming it's OP because it gets 30 infantry kills.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2011, 07:20:05 pm »

can we get rid of button from brits then?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2011, 07:27:33 pm »

can we get rid of button from brits then?

tbh i wouldn't care, i never use it but i dont understand where the correlation between my post and getting rid of button is
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2011, 07:29:49 pm »

Getting rid of button on Brits would be awesome! No longer would I even have to worry about playing against them!

Just circle and kill their ATGs while raping their infantry and tanks!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc