Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:23:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stummel... any plans to address?  (Read 19358 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« on: May 24, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »

I don't know if the devs have any plans on this, but is this unit ever going to be looked at?  It's unique shell ballistics and accuracy makes it devastating against anything infantry based.  Get one backed up by 3-4 marders, and that thing is one shoting ATGs, keeping them constantly decrewed, is able to dodge due to 'phase' armor, and out ranges any sort of decent hand held AT that isn't phasing through it.  It's ability to consistantly kill 3+ guys in a squad or best instant gib whole squads and whack ATGs pretty much means the only counter is a tank to this beast of a unit, yet when the entire enemy force consists of AT designed to kill tanks to protect the long range hummel.. what exactly are you suppose to do against this thing as it racks up 30+ kills and there are several of them in a company?

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:30:08 pm »

They need a nerf, Im sure they will get it.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »

It's unique shell ballistics and accuracy makes it devastating against anything infantry based.

This is all that needs to change. Take this away and trust me it's effectiveness will most likely go WAY down.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:33:15 pm »

Just change it to artillery flight and targetting characteristics like the GMC has and problem solved.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:45:01 pm »

We'll probably be addressing this unit in the next scheduled patch, yes.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »

I never blob, so i don't know what you're talking about. I run single rangers on the field... and just cycle... XD

Though I understand from what Rifle tells me why the Stummels I fought were super tough.. takes 6 RR or zook shots to kill and has a T3 that has increased accuracy to units in any type of cover... crazy stuff.  As well as the armor buff and certain handheld AT modifiers against it to basically double their durability... sheesh lol.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »

I would agree that the stummel is a little to powerfull right now. You just have to be very carefull in the way you nerf it because it's just at the point of being too effective. I say lower it's accuracy just a tad or change it to a stuh like gun. If you change it to a stuh like gun please leave the current reload and aiming/tracking time the same.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:45 pm »

Yeah, let me amend my original post if I didn't make that clear.  One of TWO things need to be done:

Change shot ballistics to a StuH from a tank shot

OR

Greatly reduce it's accuracy if it retains its tank shot.

I'm not advocating BOTH as that would be super nerf.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »

hmm,interesting enough,I never shoted whole at gun crew with one,mine were half of the time hit or miss. even yesterday in game with infrarot I did miss quite much,and even they had blobs I dont remembre killing +3 man with each shot  Roll Eyes
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 02:53:11 am »

Uhh, I'm not Jodomar, I'm Lionel, and like I said I never blob.  Jodomar is not Lionel, how hard is that for you to understand Bigdick, are you blind (EDIT)?  I also do not play airborne, as evidenced by your picture... that is, again, Jodomar.

Also, as I learned from 8thRifle, the thing has amazing accuracy with units in cover, which allows it to phase shot through terrain, and having tank shell ballistics mean you can't 'dodge' it as the shell will track and follow the squad, mass-gibbing them.  Combine with the other T3 that gives it Universal Carrier armor and buffs against zooks and RRs to take twice as many hits to kill along with it's amazing dodge (which when switched to the other foot, a stummel managed to run past an atg (from behind running back to base), ATG missed two shots, an M18 literally humping its ass missed two shots (for a total of four) before it was finally stopped by the M18 the next two shots.  The chasis needs to be moved to something other than a phase-dodging puma like how a stuart doesn't get dodge but a staghound does.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:58:21 am by lionel23 » Logged
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 03:31:31 am »

whatever Japanese Cartoons blobs needs to be looked at.
Latest thing... Stummels.

And ya their range, accuracy, damage, armor is incredible
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 04:19:50 am »

Thread cleaned, going to hand out some balance forum suspensions if you guys can't follow the balance forum guidelines.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 04:30:41 am »

I would simply give it a stuh like balistic fiering. Not the shell itself. Just the Process of fiering. That Way you would have a bit weaker stuh wich is faster and a Lot harder to hit.

~nijo~
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 05:13:40 am »

Since when a PUMA ARMOR has been a problem...?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 05:21:52 am »

I don't see the problem with these Stummels, They appear to me to be a LEIG 18 mounted onto a Puma Chassis which sounds AWESOME because it removes the danger of being bum rushed like my Leigs sometimes get done to them :<

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 05:24:10 am »

Since when a PUMA ARMOR has been a problem...?

Not Puma Armour, Phase Armour.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:54 am »

guys...it dies to 2 atg's shots!...and atg rarely misses(having used this thing alot,it was missed maybe 20% of the time at long range) zooks and rr also do alot of dmg...sometime it hits and does alot of dmg,other times,kills maybe 1 guy or nothing...few times that I shoot at hmg in cover,it constantly missed,hit cover etc,before it finally managed to kill it.
Compare it to 95mm cromwell,who not once killed my whole squad with 1 HIT! this thing never killed whole squad.and when you stand in cover it will usually hit cover first,if u stand behind wreck,wall etc. first it will hit that,and wont do any dmg to squad,and if there are any elevation on terrain,it will hit ground instead of squad.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 06:12:00 am »

smurf, i know it does, but people seem to disagree that it is OP, against some poeple yea it is OP, against an armor player, good luck doing anything to his m8s.

But yea to fix it just make it fire like the gmc,

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 06:18:50 am »

against noobs you will do very well,against any decent player it was mediocre to say at least,nothing amazing or OP from my experience...and shit has not died once to do with stupid pathing and movement,and sometimes it prioritizes tanks(to which it does nothing) instead of inf  Roll Eyes
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 06:19:58 am »

yea ^ i 100% agree with you smurf, multiple times i play against people who dont know how to deal with them and i walk away with around 20 kills on each of my stummels, i play against people who do know how to deal with them, they walk away with MAYBE 10
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc