Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:26:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stummel... any plans to address?  (Read 19364 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 06:47:37 am »

I guess none of us would be as taken aback, but its part of TH. TANK hunters. Which now has the best axis AI unit in the game (atm). Now that muni HTs have an MG and marders get mobile lockdown (which is kinda imba in its own right), its silly to face several TH players.

Spam a 2:1 ratio of Marders to MG'd muni HTs, add a single stummel, and fill out the rest of your army with G43d PGs and clowncars. The Marders negate ALL of the fuel on your army, multiple muni HTs pin inf, and the stummel...well, we know how that works. The PGs and clowncars also shred inf ofc, so it kinda negates your entire army.

EDIT: The MG muni and mobile lock come from a T4, but its still there and still used. When its pre-planned among player groups, it gets even worse. Especially since everyone has rehearsed neuville 100000 times, theyve perfected the same plan on the same terrain Tongue. I still think this as a whole needs a look, maybe just an inspection of TH.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:49:34 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 09:10:27 am »

it shouldn't even be part of tank hunters. like volks said, it's supposed to be called tank hunters and they get a long range AI weapon with good accuracy.

you have this plus the tier 2 that gives +20 sight to a locked down scout car and then mobile lock down you can take on all comers and pile munis into your pz grens and tank busters because stummels and marders dont cost a lot of munis.

i still hate sprint btw...tired of my vehicles being chased down lol. but need a stummel fix first.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
BigDick
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2011, 09:31:44 am »

I guess none of us would be as taken aback, but its part of TH. TANK hunters. Which now has the best axis AI unit in the game (atm). Now that muni HTs have an MG and marders get mobile lockdown (which is kinda imba in its own right), its silly to face several TH players.

what is wrong with muni hts getting mg of the wehrmacht ht as a T4?

eh volski you played elitegren and aloha or skaffa and me and got probably beaten by players with high experience in this mod

i think people need to distinguish if they lost to some mod experience or if they lost to unbalanced units

it shouldn't even be part of tank hunters. like volks said, it's supposed to be called tank hunters and they get a long range AI weapon with good accuracy.

so tankhunters isn'T allowed to have AI units while armor gets heavy AT units and buffs, heavy AI units and Artillery?
or infantry gets elite inf, AT stuff (tankreapers, zooks) and Armored units (Jumbo, GMC) and artillery (offmap and onmap)?

how does that makes any sense at all?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:35:07 am by BigDick » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 09:42:38 am »

The point is, if you get those heavy AI units as Armoured, your sacrificing the potential for heavy AT. You must choose one or the other, same thing goes for Infantry. Tank Reapers lets you have a Jumbo with the performance of a 76mm... If you want better AI, you lose that edge, and it's just a damage soak.

With armoured, your Pershings are either very good against tanks, or very good against infantry. HVAP hurts your AI, HE hurts your AT, and Mobile Warfare doesn't alter either.

The problem with Tank Hunters, is that you've got extremely good AT and AI working in conjunction all from the same person at dirt cheap costs to a spammable degree.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
BigDick
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 09:55:00 am »

The point is, if you get those heavy AI units as Armoured, your sacrificing the potential for heavy AT.

Im actually for a stummel nerf (not because good players cant deal with it but because more bad players are unable to counter them)

where does a pershing company sacrifice AI? if you play with stummels you sactrifice a huge part of your AT because you have no non fuel AT guns
if you use jagd you have a tankhunter tank thats much eggs in one basket leaving little fuel for marders and your complete exposed to use infantry as ai while all PE based support weapons are fuel based
if anything than its easy with armor to make your company not exposed in terms of AI or AT capabilities

i can spam M8 and still run a heavy tank like the pershing and a bunch of AT guns with AP rounds
you can't as PE

You must choose one or the other, same thing goes for Infantry. Tank Reapers lets you have a Jumbo with the performance of a 76mm... If you want better AI, you lose that edge, and it's just a damage soak.

thats bullshit a tankreaper jumbo is not just a 76mm sherman its a high health almost unpenetrateable by its hardcounters sherman that can take easily on any medium tank

you can field a bunch of these heavy AI tanks with tankreapers and still field powerful buffed AT guns

With armoured, your Pershings are either very good against tanks, or very good against infantry. HVAP hurts your AI, HE hurts your AT, and Mobile Warfare doesn't alter either.

HE does not hurt its AT capabilities because you can choose with what you run ingame
HVAP maybe hurts the Pershings splash (its still as good as a high health and high armored sherman in AI capabilities) but you can still easy spam bar rifles and use support weapons or snipers as AI or spam your buffed M8 with double repair as AI

there is nothing limiting Armor or Infantry to be a AI or AT only company

the complain by some dudes was that tankhunter should only be able to deal with tanks and should suck ass against everything else
thats just ridicules
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 10:39:20 am »

Im actually for a stummel nerf (not because good players cant deal with it but because more bad players are unable to counter them)

where does a pershing company sacrifice AI? if you play with stummels you sactrifice a huge part of your AT because you have no non fuel AT guns
if you use jagd you have a tankhunter tank thats much eggs in one basket leaving little fuel for marders and your complete exposed to use infantry as ai while all PE based support weapons are fuel based
if anything than its easy with armor to make your company not exposed in terms of AI or AT capabilities

i can spam M8 and still run a heavy tank like the pershing and a bunch of AT guns with AP rounds
you can't as PE

thats bullshit a tankreaper jumbo is not just a 76mm sherman its a high health almost unpenetrateable by its hardcounters sherman that can take easily on any medium tank

you can field a bunch of these heavy AI tanks with tankreapers and still field powerful buffed AT guns

HE does not hurt its AT capabilities because you can choose with what you run ingame
HVAP maybe hurts the Pershings splash (its still as good as a high health and high armored sherman in AI capabilities) but you can still easy spam bar rifles and use support weapons or snipers as AI or spam your buffed M8 with double repair as AI

there is nothing limiting Armor or Infantry to be a AI or AT only company

the complain by some dudes was that tankhunter should only be able to deal with tanks and should suck ass against everything else
thats just ridicules

Your saying a 640 fuel jagdpanther, which is roughly less than half of a two fuel adv based company, gives you no fuel for anything else?

Bullshit, I have a jagdpanther/jagdtiger company and I STILL have 85 fuel left over for my scouts.

If i took off the jagdtiger id have 640 fuel more for other shit, like more marders,mortarht,ht, strummels, and other stuff.

I have no fucking idea what your talking about, both axis AND allies can field both at once, not just allies.

And when you buy sturmmels, thats only 120 fuel each, buy 3-4 thats 360-480 fuel, Which is less than half with NO fuel advantages. You can alot of marders for you company.

This just prooves your a axis fanboy.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
BigDick
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 01:56:01 pm »

Your saying a 640 fuel jagdpanther, which is roughly less than half of a two fuel adv based company, gives you no fuel for anything else?

its actually 660 fuel get your facts right
and thats more than the half of basic fuel

Bullshit, I have a jagdpanther/jagdtiger company and I STILL have 85 fuel left over for my scouts.

good for u but the fact is that an PE AT gun is 140 fuel
all my companys have at least 4-7 ATGs
if used only 4 marders (thats imho to few considering that they die in a wink of an eye) then there is no fuel left for all the support vehicles and AI vehicles
there is actually no fuel at all left for stummels

if i run inf companies or an armor one i can easily split my ressources that im using some mun and mp for at guns as hardcore AT leaving all fuel for free choice whatever i like

I have no fucking idea what your talking about, both axis AND allies can field both at once, not just allies.

i don't talk about axis or allies i talk about PE that need fuel for reliable AT and supportweapons where US can use mun and fuel for reliable AT and support stuff

And when you buy sturmmels, thats only 120 fuel each, buy 3-4 thats 360-480 fuel, Which is less than half with NO fuel advantages. You can alot of marders for you company.

considering that i need 5-6x140 fuel for marders at least there is nothing left for mortar hts scoutcars munht, AC, P4 IST, panther, IHTs, Hetzer, bergetiger, vampire LATHT etc.
and as i said im actually FOR a nerf of stummels but that was not what i was replying when you quoted me

i replied to some ridicules statements that tankhunters shouldn't get AI stuff at all because its called tankhunters while armor infantry etc. is fine to get AT,AI AND Arty

This just prooves your a axis fanboy.

no offense but that proves that your just an idiot who can't take part on a serious discussion
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 02:49:23 pm »

Cut it out you two, and get back on topic.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 02:54:52 pm »

Stummel requires a much-needed nerf, shredding an elite infantry squad in 2 or even 1 shot(s) is unacceptable for its cost.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 03:21:18 pm »

Stummel requires a much-needed nerf, shredding an elite infantry squad in 2 or even 1 shot(s) is unacceptable for its cost.

does descent armor damage against m10 too
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 03:39:30 pm »

yes,stummel is also counter to m10's...dunno why anyone even uses marders Roll Eyes
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 07:04:55 am »

Quote:
"Having tank shell ballistics mean you can't 'dodge' it as the shell will track and follow the squad, mass-gibbing them"
+
It is mostly used stationary, which why giving it the Puma phase-armor is just ridiculous, because it is standing (!!!) most of the time, How it is suppose to dodge incoming fire by just standing?
The Puma is used in motion mostly which why it covers the idea of phase armor perfectly.

The shell-tracking and killing of my cannonfodder like Rifles gives me the creeps and kills my positive EIR:R experience.
But as most of you know by now I am only part of this community for about two weeks now.
So this is just the "first impression" with the Stummel.

As you all know it is the first impression that counts... and maybe this will be the first impression for most of the new players.

And just4info:
The Stummel and J-Cartoons pyro-spam is always in the top ten of all discussions between matches.

Cheers
C.

now you live [Click] now u r dead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 07:10:52 am »

Who's J-cartoon?

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 07:13:13 am »

japanesecartoons - aka panda?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 07:14:27 am »

I aint even suprised  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 07:26:21 am »

Any kind of SPAM company is not welcome.
A various company with lots of different units is more fun to play with and to play against.
Just 1 opinion. It is just my opinion and only my opinion. I am not forcing anybody to have my opinion.

Peace
C.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2011, 07:32:28 am »

Any kind of SPAM company is not welcome.
A various company with lots of different units is more fun to play with and to play against.
Just 1 opinion. It is just my opinion and only my opinion. I am not forcing anybody to have my opinion.

Peace
C.
don't bother mate, by writing that you have already made it your objective to shame some1 for something you feel is bad, hoenstly waste of a post

make more like that other post without the naming and blaming, stops threads getting derailed Smiley
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 07:37:04 am »

Good point.
will take that into account in future posts

Cheers
C.

I know now this was the wrong place for the dispute. Especially, because there is already a forum topic for those kind of cases.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:57:03 am by doesnttalkmuch » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 08:04:14 am »

Don't worry, it's always good to have new players share their impressions. As was mentioned, the Stummel will be addressed in a future patch. In addition, it is also very much the development team's view that spam companies are to an extent undesirable in terms of gameplay, which is why we currently have a pool system in place designed to prevent 'excessive' company builds.

Do note however that many players are currently 'oversupplying' their companies, since they have an abundance of PPs after achieving a full level 9 account, allowing them to largely circumvent the boundaries laid out by the pool system. This will be fixed when oversupplying is removed, with the introduction of the warmap.

Let's get back on topic though.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:06:27 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 02:14:18 pm »

Stummel needs buff!

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc