Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 04:27:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shared Bonuses  (Read 5562 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »

Defensive Officers can supervise friendly units but Ami Officers, Lieutenants, Captains, and Cromwells can't.

Is this fair and should it be changed? If so how. Take away def officers ability to share or allow the allied counterparts the ability to share.

Where this can really be awesome is with the passive supervision from the officer and it gives +20 dmg and acc which is better than any bonus that any of the officers give.

and yes i've checked to see if the allied bonuses work, they will show an aura but it wont give the bonus, it's not enabled.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

Well lieutenants, captains, and command tanks are non doctrinal, and all work with auras originally, with no doctrine unlocks. Officers, originally, can only supervise single units, they need a T3 unlock to gain an aura that affects friendly units as well.

Seeing as lt/cpt/cct are non-doctrinal, I don't think they should have the potency to affect friendly units.

American captain i guess i could see that happening
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:40 pm »

kat said, it well.

also, im sure the devs dont like the idea since when we actually had reinforcements, having lts with rangers and an officer would be crazy.

also, it would lead to way more blobbing.

although i would love if i had a cct of my allies following my operation overlord jumbo ^_^

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:23:27 pm »

@kat, thats not how balance works. There is history here that you are missing, but ultimately the wehr officer does need to lose its ability to supervise allied players. My concern then becomes that defensive will need some love to compensate because in my opinion this was one of the highlights of that doctrine. Losing it will in some ways bring it down considerably.

To clarify kat, you should first look at the unit in the context of gameplay; not in comparison to other doctrines per say but directly in regards to gameplay. The reason you don't compare things to other doctrines is because it really proves nothing. Either the unit is broken or the other doctrines are broken, so in all your analysis does not further the discussion. If you look at gameplay, for example the ability to provide teammates with doctrine buffs from your own doctrine, then you can provide a stronger argument in regards to why it should or shouldn't be changed. From a balance perspective, I see a big issue in units being directly buffs by a teammates doctrine. Indirect buffs, such as having radio triangulation, is another story.

Sorry for being such a smart ass, but it needed to be said.

PQ

edit: mind you, one might argue otherwise to my last point, but other reasons can be provided as to why officer buffs should not be shared.

Common sense is not so common after all.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:36:15 pm »

You can't bring down the defensive doctrine down by targeting the officer buffs at the moment.

Because they don't work.

Lol.

Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:02 pm »

Good points, but from my point of view here's how it is:

Wehrmacht officer is in one doctrine only, like american officer, and is therefore 1/3 as rare as british officers (of course considering it doesn't become OP and everyone starts using Defensive doctrine). I'm arguing that british officers shouldn't be able to buff teammate units, because these officers are very common and non-doctrinal. I'm not sure about whether wehr officer should keep that ability or be removed, but I feel strongly that lt/cpt/cct shouldn't gain that ability due to them being so common and available to a whole faction, not just one doctrine.

You could either let American officer buff friendly units to bring it up to part with Wehr officer, or you could remove wehr officer's ability to bring it down to par with American officer.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 12:44:43 pm »

@myst, just when applied to allies or in general?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 12:53:00 pm »

For the defensive officer in general. It doesn't work. The unit. Only thing it has is a cool glow effect and a mortar barrage.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »

Defensive Officers can supervise friendly units but Ami Officers, Lieutenants, Captains, and Cromwells can't.

Is this fair and should it be changed? If so how. Take away def officers ability to share or allow the allied counterparts the ability to share.

Where this can really be awesome is with the passive supervision from the officer and it gives +20 dmg and acc which is better than any bonus that any of the officers give.

and yes i've checked to see if the allied bonuses work, they will show an aura but it wont give the bonus, it's not enabled.

Defensive Officer requires a doctrine unlock for the unit, plus a T3 to make it have an Aura. It also costs more than the others. I don't see the issue.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 01:07:14 pm »

you could make it so that through doctrines team mates can benefit from auras. if command squad for example was problematic in the fact that it works on your team mates, you could make it so it only affects team mates via a T2 or T3.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 01:28:43 pm »

Hasn't whatever "shared bonuses" or wehr defensive buffs given to other players been pure imagination up to this point, because the ability hasn't actually been working?

Still waiting for my six man volks!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 01:29:15 pm »

Your 6 man volks are already in the game, they're just a seperate unit for now.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 01:31:35 pm »

Cool!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »

Hasn't whatever "shared bonuses" or wehr defensive buffs given to other players been pure imagination up to this point, because the ability hasn't actually been working?

Still waiting for my six man volks!

im sure its hard to say. because im sure its worked in the past, who knows when something broke it though. i can say for sure it probably hasnt been working since i came back to playing though.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 02:53:06 pm »

I can already see it in my eyes...my ltd running with my team mate's rangers buffing them ultimately. My CCT rolling after a pair of Shermans or better a pair of M10s or behind a Pershing buffing the thing....

add in please.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:51 am »

Does this mean rapid fire extended range Pershings are coming back?

Do want.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 08:55:32 am »

Heeeell no
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 08:56:19 am »

Heeeell no

So no Rapid fire Shermans?
Lame

Wait dont Ami Officers allready share Bonuses with teammates?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 10:40:36 am »

So no Rapid fire Shermans?
Lame

Wait dont Ami Officers allready share Bonuses with teammates?

they just get the aura, same with lt's, and captains, they only glooow

and now that the officer supervision works, we should bring back the discussion on this.

I like the idea of shared bonuses being enabled as a doc ability, for Brits it would work good in RCA since it's more of a support doctrine than engineers or commandoes

also the ami officer can get some love in allied grit by letting the ami officer affect its allies.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 02:40:59 pm »

This would add a nice new dimension to teamwork if it was included. However, for the more common officer types it should only be enabled with a doctrine unlock.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc