Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:14:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US - HE rounds  (Read 3607 times)
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 07, 2011, 11:41:38 am »

What are their stats in comparison to standard rounds of sherman (normal and upgunned) and pershing?)

Didn´t find it anywhere...
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:59:20 am »

not sure what the stats are but last time i played with them (i dont think they have changed since) is the sherman shoots a stuh like round, it does a great job against units that are blobbed together, same with the pershing round.

but i hear from some people unless the units are blobbed, you are better off firing a regular round.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:21 pm »

not sure what the stats are but last time i played with them (i dont think they have changed since) is the sherman shoots a stuh like round, it does a great job against units that are blobbed together, same with the pershing round.

but i hear from some people unless the units are blobbed, you are better off firing a regular round.

i tried it, and normal rounds are better tbh, unless u want to own support weapons HE is kinda good for that.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:39:06 pm »

HE rounds have increased splash radius, and lose the ability to roll a direct hit on a target due to them being an artillery style round. Apart from that they are identical to normal rounds.

As said, they are handy for blob control and support weapon control. Personally the T4 is better for the Calli main gun and the armour upgrade for LV's and the Calli. It can also be handy with M10's if you can keep them alive to vet 1 as the reduced damage from the T4 and vet 1 stack nicely... If you want serious offensive buffage go for HVAP though.

Mind you, HVAP doesn't half kick the Pershing in the nuts for AI due to reduced splash. Not helpful when you've got a 58% chance to hit infantry at max range, and 28% if you have the audacity to be moving.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:40:42 pm »

also you can fire over destroyed buildings,which is extremely good on some maps,they also dmg stuff like marder,so you drive around building for example and you can still dmg him...
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:23 pm »

well HE rounds would make a  v sherman bad ass.
Not sure how i would feel having to choose HE over HVAP or speed buff though. As tanks are a big problem. And armor companies dont suffer MU limitations that much so you can run HVAP armor with a full inf company of bars no problem.

Anyone like survivability or speed t4s?
I havent tried either.
Super fast TDs and t17s sound very nice and sherman or pershing that can get its ass out of trouble when need be sounds great

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »

I've tried all three T4's, and I'd say that Mobile Warfare is the most underwhelming. The extra pop is nice for funky starts, and the extra speed is handy... But it doesn't have the same impact which HVAP or HE rounds has.

HVAP lets you competently take on Panthers or Tigers with your Pershing, infantry can be dealt with by your swarms of BAR's or MG's which will be further backed up by ATG's. Only glaring weakness is a lack of indirect fire which admittedly, even a couple of mortars wont fill.

HE rounds is alright if you like your 75mm Shermans, or you run Calli's.

By the way, it doesn't make M10's or T17's 'Superfast'. The main noticable buff is in their acceleration.

Oh, and if you use HE rounds, always put AP rounds in the breach if your gonna attack vehicles or light armour. Believe it or not the HE rounds will bounce off the Marder if the round lands close enough to land a hit (IE, physically landing on the thing) which when engaging something like a TD, you really dont want happening.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:21:21 pm »

Mobile warfare is pretty noticeable on pershings imo.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 06:59:59 pm »

Mobile Warfare <3

personally, as great as the speed is i'd like to see an incoming accuracy while moving bonus tagged on, they are going faster and should be harder to hit.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 07:30:24 pm »

Mobile Warfare <3

personally, as great as the speed is i'd like to see an incoming accuracy while moving bonus tagged on, they are going faster and should be harder to hit.

yer i like that idea, it goes by logic, but i dont know, do we really want to see dodging m10s ahah. I mean atm, im trying to get an armoured company up to 9, asif ill be able to, but if i were to face super fast m10s that are harder to hit because of 1, turn speed of my tanks is slow, and 2, there is actually a modifier helping the dodging, even if i turn the whole tank + turret speed. I dont know, it seems kinda like an old Doctrine, seems really powerful.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 07:33:06 pm »

They are super fast and it's a very satisfying T4. Very good for crushing! However without extra Damage or extra survivability, you have to be careful with what you engage as you can't shoot yourself out of all situations with a MW m10, and the croc can only take so much. Late game you can reach 50 pop with it using m10s and crocs, which is a insanely strong fist. Your R+ and ME mode starts can be very flexible with a m8 + croc + m10, in that you even have a capper, and 1 pop for that crucial minesweeper. However minesweepers are hard to use with MW because your tanks are so fast and responsive, so it fails very bad against teller mine spam which destroy or completely doom any american tank, MW or not.

Yep, I've played a few games with HE, the shermans still die in *3* shots to current buffed axis AT like officer pak 40s or ACPR marders. Even with the -12% damage. When super buffed AT isn't on the field, the HE sherman is good at lobbing rounds over not-so-tall shot blockers to hit paks and generally do more damage to pak crews than normal shots. But another problem is that you can't hit moving infantry very well at all, so it seems like the weakest T4 overall. HE with Callies is good however and is probably the only build the calliope is good at with its specific role and high pop, the latter of course being negated by having a gun with HE.

AP rounds I haven't played so much with, never liked it much since I think american infantry based AI is worse off than it's AT, which is exellent with 57mms, stickies and mines. The problem is that a m10 or a m18 will not be able to not receive damage, leaving you without your AT for periods of time which makes you very vulnerable compared to a ever-present, instantly recrewed 57mm.

If you think about the current state of the game, you'll perhaps agree with me when I say it's become ALL about the "move forward when I can win, fall back when I lose", because units are buffed so harshly to hell that when they are fighting what they counter they just outright demolish their opposing units in a situation where cover and the superior position means almost nothing. This is especially true for support heavy allies, they either keep axis pinned and afraid of going into a kill zone or completely fail against the most basic of attacks (assault nades, offmaps, supression, super tough inf and mass bikes vs snipers, plus superior cap speed w/blitz while allied companies prefer to grind down axis defenses, destroying them by not letting them work as intended, negating supression with smoke, 88s with rushes and arty or backcapping.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:46:42 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 07:50:17 pm »

yer i like that idea, it goes by logic, but i dont know, do we really want to see dodging m10s ahah. I mean atm, im trying to get an armoured company up to 9, asif ill be able to, but if i were to face super fast m10s that are harder to hit because of 1, turn speed of my tanks is slow, and 2, there is actually a modifier helping the dodging, even if i turn the whole tank + turret speed. I dont know, it seems kinda like an old Doctrine, seems really powerful.

a 10 or 15% buff to incoming accuracy wouldn't break it but it would be enuff to dodge a few shots, it sux when ur 8.6 speed m-18 keeps getting hit by schrecks and pak's even though you're way out of its range because of a rolled hit.

i haven't tried the other 2, i'll probably stay away from hvap. a mobwf pershing is really nice, it's really good on crocs but not so much on tds unless ur good at squishing.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 10:32:27 pm »

like the idea of mobile warfare granting incomming accuracy bonus.

ive tried AP rounds and HE rounds. AP rounds were great for pershing. he rounds was underwhelming. am going for mobile warfare, but i have to say i really enjoy top and bottom T3s, being able to shoot and repair at the same time is great. especially when im rolling with double crocs, wreak havoc on defensive lines that way.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 01:38:13 am »

You can't stay in combat with axis AT at all if they have officers or ACPR. 3-4 hits and that croc is dead - shreks, pak40 etc.

You have to use the okay surviability vs shreks to quickly get in there, lawnmow their asses and then run away.

Its sweet for harassing stuff with no AT, he has a MG a bit away from his pak? Run over and get, scoot away before they can retaliate.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 02:21:44 am »

Mobile Warfare <3

with that logic in mind,they should also suffer aiming penalties so they hit less  Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 02:32:55 am »

APCR Marder is Panzer Elite's Tank Reaper Anti tank gun tbh. With it they can at least reliably fight vs Any allied armor that they normally struggle against but will still lose to standard Anti tank equipment such as 57, 6pdr and the handhelds.

Think about Tank Reaper vet 3 AP Round ATG. Isn't that like 280+ damage per shot? APCR Marder can only deal up to 237.5 damage per shot with all buffs included)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:35:39 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc