Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:48:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vet units giving more XP  (Read 3443 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: July 08, 2011, 11:01:01 am »

Is it possible? Would it be worth it? But it would make sense if you got more XP for killing vet units.

Vet 0 would be x1
Vet 1 would be x1.2
Vet 2 would be x1.4
Vet 3 would be x1.6

or something like that. i believe you would never hear about "vet hunting" because those units would be giving extra xp, so it would only make sense to go to the ends of the earth to kill them.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:04 am »

It would just make it easyer to make a vet 3 whore company.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:22:24 am »

I would like this, and according to OMG it is possible.

But I think the modifiers should be

vet 0 1x
vet 1 1.1x
vet 2 1.2x
vet 3 1.3x

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:28:36 am »

It would just make it easyer to make a vet 3 whore company.

how? you get slightly more xp for killing vetted units? and as YOU vet up people want to kill your units even more.

yeah i just threw numbers out there, the numbers you put dark would work especially if we got around to vet 5 units. although i feel a vet 5 unit should give 2x xp since more than likely vet 5 units will be super rare.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 10:26:38 am »

Everyone would go to the ends of the earth to kill other people's vet, and the mod would become a giant vethunt instead of persistancy--which was the point of the mod in the first place.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 11:21:31 am »

how would vet hunting take away from persistancy? Killing vet to make your units vet a little faster. Sounds like it would add to it if anything. Plus with people trying that hard to KILL vet, the people who cherish their vet, would be retreating it even earlier (retreating a rifle squad at 3 man rather than 1-2) and would most likely have a greater effect on battles.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 12:25:07 pm »

yes, its possible, as was mentioned we have this implemented in OMG already  Smiley

i can't remember what the exact numbers are, but the increments are relatively small as obviously each modifer stacks on each vet level. so its not going to be a big deal on an individual rifleman, but on snipers and tanks and stuff the effect is noticable.

only really works once you've standardised and cleaned up the given XP values, however, as the default relic ones are all over the place
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 12:40:58 pm »

I like this idea, as long as it's only a small increment. Then again, there's more important things to attend to.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:16:57 pm »

when i originally saw this, i thought it was like vetted units giving friendly units more XP, which I think would be pretty cool, especially since vetted units tend to take away kills from non vetted units

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »

when i originally saw this, i thought it was like vetted units giving friendly units more XP, which I think would be pretty cool, especially since vetted units tend to take away kills from non vetted units

that would be cool as well if done right.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 01:37:12 pm »

AAAAaaa Ok i read this wrong like tym did, that would be quite nice tbh if that idea would be added.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »

The out of the blue (observation) suggestion that Tym made is nice, actually. +1
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »

Only issue I can see with that is it'll encourage moar blobbing to be honest.

That aside however, it's a nice idea.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »

Only issue I can see with that is it'll encourage moar blobbing to be honest.

That aside however, it's a nice idea.

i doubt it. blobbing around vetted units is stupid because it'll get it killed in arty fire
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 08:12:44 pm »

A negative drawback is the obvious focus it places on Vet hunting. EiR has never had a stance for or against vet hunting and we've made that clear.

I'm a heartless bastard and I know alot of you share the sentiment that in a persistent environment killing someones vet units means they won't trouble you for a few games, even possible saving others players of your side in the very next game. But there has always been people who want to let units live or selectively decide whose vet they hunt. Giving a bonus to killing veteran units will pretty much remove the doubt from all but the most kind/honourable/fair? of us.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 11:47:48 am »

A negative drawback is the obvious focus it places on Vet hunting. EiR has never had a stance for or against vet hunting and we've made that clear.

I'm a heartless bastard and I know alot of you share the sentiment that in a persistent environment killing someones vet units means they won't trouble you for a few games, even possible saving others players of your side in the very next game. But there has always been people who want to let units live or selectively decide whose vet they hunt. Giving a bonus to killing veteran units will pretty much remove the doubt from all but the most kind/honourable/fair? of us.

which i think is a good direction to step in.

also this popped into my head, if people want to kill vet to GAIN vet, then they are going to physically kill it. AKA, it will be more rewarding to kill say, a vetted calli with a panther, rather than kill it with an off map.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc