Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 10:32:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blitz Assault  (Read 11599 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 07:07:06 am »

Your thread tells otherwise.

Indeed.
(+1)

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 07:31:13 am »

When you see a blank gren/volk squad charging into your front lines, why aren't you moving your ATG's/mortars back anyway? You know what's coming.

Also, assaulting an MG? Your MG should have took out 2/3 men of that gren squad, or 3/4 of that volks squad before it even hurts you, unless you're facing your MG to your spawn to protect the reinforcements =\.

+1 to Smokaz' suggestion.

Why? Because it doesn't matter. It'll catch it and it runs faster once it pops assault.

Assaulting an MG lol it suppresses first unless it's point blank. I have 1,000's of games as an allied player and i still have the same issues with assault now that i had when i first started playing EIR, it's nearly undodgable, you can't kill 'em unless u block 'em with a tank, and even then they'll toss the nades over the tank. Assault is a BS ability and it's cheap.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 07:33:33 am »

Why? Because it doesn't matter. It'll catch it and it runs faster once it pops assault.

Assaulting an MG lol it suppresses first unless it's point blank. I have 1,000's of games as an allied player and i still have the same issues with assault now that i had when i first started playing EIR, it's nearly undodgable, you can't kill 'em unless u block 'em with a tank, and even then they'll toss the nades over the tank. Assault is a BS ability and it's cheap.

First of all assault is in one doctrine.

2nd  allies got bar with SF which is more bs than assault if you want to argue about which side has more 'bs' abilities, you cannot dodge SF , you cannot outrun it, you can pin 2 squads with SF and kill them or make them retreat. Assault works only on 1 unit.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 07:37:15 am »

Bars are a separate issue

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 07:39:31 am »

Frankly, assault nades are a 1-use lolwtfpwn that can be spammed. Moving is 'meh' vs it, so...yeah, I just bring a tank or LV into the mix, or better yet a sniper. Keep him cloaked, unclock, they pop assault, re-cloak, negated. It's worked for me (manual decloak, not getting decloaked by LoS).

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 07:42:27 am »

Bars are a separate issue

On a scale of BS meter  SF is 9/10 while assault might be 3/10.  Priorities should be fixed first.
If someone dies to assault it's his own fault for not paying attention or bad playing which is not the case with SF because no matter how good a player you are  SF works by itself and you will get pinned and owned.

People are forgetting that assault  IS ment to kill you if it hits you. If it is missing and someone bought it on whole company it's all his MU down the drain which is not the case with bars.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:49:06 am by nugnugx » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 10:43:25 am »

On a scale of BS meter  SF is 9/10 while assault might be 3/10.  Priorities should be fixed first.
If someone dies to assault it's his own fault for not paying attention or bad playing which is not the case with SF because no matter how good a player you are  SF works by itself and you will get pinned and owned.

People are forgetting that assault  IS ment to kill you if it hits you. If it is missing and someone bought it on whole company it's all his MU down the drain which is not the case with bars.
On a scale of Bias meter I believe you are on a 8/10. Play americans more and see just how effective those bars are.

And yes I have used assault if your wondering, but on my 4 man oaks, I haven't played blitz in a long time but oak leaves assault = blitz assault.

And SF wont get you out of these terrible situations, but assault will.

Assault is one of the reasons I get 20 kills avg per oak squad, because in these "oh shiet is about to be pinned" I can be like trolololololol no u dead, and during the duration I am basically invincible.

So yes the defensive buffs should be removed, even after that the ability will still be very powerful and cost effective.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
BigDick
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 10:46:30 am »

or better yet a sniper. Keep him cloaked, unclock, they pop assault, re-cloak, negated. It's worked for me (manual decloak, not getting decloaked by LoS).

sorry but lol w00t?? I think you have not clue about playing coh and eir

and see just how effective those bars are.

bars are super effective

on a scale up to 10 they reach 10 and would need to extend it to a 12 on infantry T3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:49:28 am by BigDick » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:30 am »

Someone see's a sniper, theyre going to try and kill it and by no means is assault excluded. When you re-cloak, there's suddenly no target. Assault ends and since it was already activated, it acts the same as hopping into a building.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:17 am »

Now why would I want to throw assault on sniper? when I can chase and kill him easily with kars if he's close enough,if he's far away assault also wont kill him  Roll Eyes
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 11:01:54 am »

Why would I decloak my sniper 10 feet away from someone? If I want them to chase me, Ill do it far enough away so I can escape.

Has anyone tried mines vs assault? If someone wants to join me in vcoh (assault is unchanged from there, nobody can say jack about this), we could test the effects of mines vs squads using assault; Im sure it would hurt a lot, not to mention possibly induce a scatter effect (I stress 'possibly').
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 11:05:09 am »

and why would anyone use assault then,when you are far away?
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 11:08:44 am »

It has a rediculously long range?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 11:09:44 am »

Why would I decloak my sniper 10 feet away from someone? If I want them to chase me, Ill do it far enough away so I can escape.

Has anyone tried mines vs assault? If someone wants to join me in vcoh (assault is unchanged from there, nobody can say jack about this), we could test the effects of mines vs squads using assault; Im sure it would hurt a lot, not to mention possibly induce a scatter effect (I stress 'possibly').
Actualy the mines wouldn't do as much damage, and depending on the distance the squad members  are from the mine its entirely possible that the mine would miss and not damage some squad members.

But it would do some dmg, but regardless this still doesn't pertain to how OP assault is.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 11:32:47 am »

dodging assault nades is fucking tough, especially with a support weapon. you cant just grab your atg and walk away and be fine unless you have 3 riflles or some thing along that amount of firepower focusing on that one volks squad. and most likely that atg will be dead.

ive spotted assault, right at the start, started moving my atg, focus fired with rifles, and still had the volks kill the atg.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 11:47:08 am »

It has a rediculously long range?

yes,and at that long range you aint gona hit shit,since they will start to throw nades from long distance and you will have plenty of time to dodge it,as someone who uses assault alot,it's rly effective if you throw it from close range,throw it from maximum range,and it will be dodged.

ive spotted assault, right at the start, started moving my atg, focus fired with rifles, and still had the volks kill the atg.

then you are doing it wrong,since every time I tried to kill atg from some good player who knows I have assault from long range,it failed most of the time.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »

yes,and at that long range you aint gona hit shit,since they will start to throw nades from long distance and you will have plenty of time to dodge it,as someone who uses assault alot,it's rly effective if you throw it from close range,throw it from maximum range,and it will be dodged.

then you are doing it wrong,since every time I tried to kill atg from some good player who knows I have assault from long range,it failed most of the time.

So in this case, what you are saying is that Assault obviously fails at long range, yet there is no way to beat it when up-close. Which pretty much contradicts your second statement because it's clearly obvious you can dodge them from long range. But if you were closer they wouldn't dodge it?

You're not making very much sense Mr. Smurf.

Volkskinator, whoever uses Assault on your sniper fails hardtime because anyone knows that they can easily just CHARGE the damn thing instead of wasting something on a cloakable unit.

I find it OP because it's supresses AND deal damage, which doesn't make very much sense should the assaulting unit already close in on the pinned unit. Which outright overkills the assaulted unit.

Long range assaults are obviously easy to dodge, but when trying to dodge by walking away from a close range assault it's next near to impossible, one nade will most likely hit you.

ONE nade, will supress you, and if it isn't the last one in the wave, well, the rest will rain upon your units and damage it close enough for it to be near death. Then the assaulting unit closes in to finish it off.

How am I supposed to dodge Assault with Riflemen?

Anyways, something about Assault has to go. I don't care which, but it clearly can't have Supression, Damage, AND a received accuracy modifier for the unit assaulting.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
RubixCubed Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 05:02:32 pm »

assault would be a lot less op if my men didn't stop in their tracks when a grenade explodes next to them dealing almost no damage. because then the next nade would land right in "suppression" distance of your mans.

Proposal: Assault naders should be able to be killed relatively easily once the ability is activated.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 06:28:16 pm »

Yea. Its retarded when the guys stop when a shell lands near them, but not on them...arty or grenade.  The next one always hits them because they stop...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 06:45:05 pm »

A 105mm shell landed next to you, your ears pop and bleed from the pressure and there's dust in your face, not to mention the concussion probably giving you a killer (instant) headache and probably knocking you over on your ass.

I doubt you'd be listening to orders about "move move move you haz to flank that mg and BAR trololol it get moving ffs -rapid clicking-".

Realism YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Na, its just a quirk of the engine. Dunno how to avoid or remove that feature.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc