Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 11:20:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9R Patch Notes  (Read 84541 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2011, 09:08:38 am »

If anything rolls a hit, it will hit, come hell or high water, it will hit lol

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2011, 09:08:41 am »

You are right. I do not play aggressive cause I  can not think of one allied unit which is good at making pressure on enemy AT and Inf ...

I do play aggressive with Brit Inf based gren Carriers cause they are higly mobile and the bren can attack inf while the sappers can attack vehicles

This is inexperience talking. There are plenty of allied players who would disagree sharply that allies lack units that can put pressure on enemy AT and inf.

But, there's a cascade of personal opinions that must be left behind. Sometimes this means using a lot of rifles at once, or pushing with lots of light vehicles.

If you can't beat them man for man, or beat their 25 pop with your 25 pop, you have to deconstruct them. Sometimes it means trading rifles for destroyed support weapons, engine damaged tanks or map territory. Sometimes that means running with no AT against tanks to accomplish objectives.

Another thing: A lot of players who fail hard at this game are not paying attention to their popcap. You need to prepare in your mind what units will replace the one's you currently have, and immediatly pull them on when the popcap is available. Once those rifles are dead you must immediatly call in the next one. The enemy wont wait for you to "feel" out what units you will field next.

It's a shame the mentor project is so dead atm, because EIRR has a slew of new players who struggle to learn the "core" gameplay, flawed or not. What this project really lacked was the motivation and rewards for helping new players enjoy and learn the game in ingame PPs, reward units or similar.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:11:16 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2011, 09:12:09 am »

Did you just say blitzkrieg was a shitty doctrine?  Shocked
Anyway, I play allies just as much, if not more, than I do axis. And I don't really carry any bias simply because I am not specifically attached to either faction, or one specific doctrine, or profile for that matter. I'm sure the same thing can be said about other developers, and about the members of our balance team.

I've also been here long enough to know that balance is always perceived negative in the eyes of an online gaming community, there's always going to be complaints or perceived imbalances no matter how well a game is objectively balanced.

It's a shame the mentor project is so dead atm, because EIRR has a slew of new players who struggle to learn the "core" gameplay, flawed or not. What this project really lacked was the motivation and rewards for helping new players enjoy and learn the game in ingame PPs, reward units or similar.
I think we'd be more than willing to facilitate this again, provide incentives or whatever it is that you guys think would be an appropriate 'means' to make a mentor program worthwhile.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2011, 09:13:51 am »

Unknown, you must convince EIRRMOD to stop hogging all the warmap tits for himself plz. That should make mentorship worthwhile haha
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2011, 09:16:23 am »

Except, you can't. NO HARD FEELINGS, unknown. But its either can't or not willing. Let me repeat: no hard feelings.

1) Access to a sql panel = Denied
2) Attaching moderators to provide benefits = failed before, annoying for both sides
3) The mentor/admin panel for "regular user" for this kind of stuff hasn't been made yet
4) No "Special" mentor accounts yet

Etc etc etc

It's perfectly reasonable why it isn't possible (not finished, too risky, too abusable) but it has not been proven to have a working structure to it yet
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2011, 09:19:33 am »

The only blitz T4 that I saw that was with going for was the Elite Armor grens Roll Eyes

Unless theres been a vast change to the doc, then the other two routes should be pretty bad still.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2011, 09:22:28 am »

ok ok... all about balance
But let's take the jeep as an example...

it can not flee from an AC or a Puma or any other mobile unit. it gets caught by Panther and Jagdpanther in a 1vs1 race. Why is that?

now you live [Click] now u r dead
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

ok ok... all about balance
But let's take the jeep as an example...

it can not flee from an AC or a Puma or any other mobile unit. it gets caught by Panther and Jagdpanther in a 1vs1 race. Why is that?

Because they are faster?
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2011, 09:29:18 am »

The only blitz T4 that I saw that was with going for was the Elite Armor grens Roll Eyes

Unless theres been a vast change to the doc, then the other two routes should be pretty bad still.
TBH Lightning War is the better than Battle Hardened and Joint ops... well you can spam assault nades and that's kinda broken in it's own way

doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2011, 09:29:26 am »

anticipates pe ac spam companies owning new 140muni at guns then attack move and killing them in a few shots. gg allies.

What is this supposed to mean by the way? Cheesy
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2011, 09:31:53 am »

Because they are faster?

oh... sorry I nearly forgot about the germans having the first rockets and stuff. So their tanks are also pushed by rocket engines ^^
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2011, 09:34:30 am »

This aint company of speedsters. Why are you racing Axis vehicles anyways? lol
This is why what you say has no relevance, and that you are complaining about nothing

jeeps have crazy dodging abilities, the panther and jagd wouldnt even be able to shoot the jeep anyways. the axis motocycle on the other hand is much smaller yet it gets beat down by allied tanks and shit, should we change that to? this is  all just needless stupid discussion. Next.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:57 am »

You think that ALLIES are underpowered?!

And about the shrecks, they have absolutely abysmal accuracy, so if they roll a hit I damn expect them to freaking hit the target.

And please please refrain from screaming that the dev team is biased in any way. I'm gonna level with you, before I was invited to become a developer I also thought, and was quite open about, how I thought everything had always been biased towards Allies. Now, I still feel this way to an extent, but I can now tell you from experience that it is not intentionally biaseed one way or the other.

To be frank, you just lack experience, stick at it, try some different company compositions, and be open to advice, even from Demon. As much as an asshat he is at times, he does know what he is talking about.

And as for mentoring, just you guys wait till we have template companies and scenarios implemented. Then you will see the light.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2011, 09:46:07 am »

This aint company of speedsters. Why are you racing Axis vehicles anyways? lol
This is why what you say has no relevance, and that you are complaining about nothing

jeeps have crazy dodging abilities, the panther and jagd wouldnt even be able to shoot the jeep anyways. the axis motocycle on the other hand is much smaller yet it gets beat down by allied tanks and shit, should we change that to? this is  all just needless stupid discussion. Next.

Can you simply stop? I don't think you are the only one here who can decide what is nonsense and what is not nonsense.

I trust my ingame exp (with those mentioned units) more than what is written in the program code. My job is to be a software tester. I am earning my money with it and supporting u with it.
A jeep, which cannot give me fast recon or can fast frighten a sniper to back off a bit is useless. a hit and run unit (GH), which cannot run is useless.
Little motorcycles are blocking my tanks. WTF a MOTORcycle is blocking my tank. How ridicilous does this sound anyway.
At least there must be a 100 percent chance to hit it when it is standing/blocking right behind u.
Did not see a marder missing me when i was standing right in front of it

Next.

I dont see OP or UP I see BUGS in the code like AC not getting Engine Damage. I see tanks driving faster than a jeep

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:50:00 am by doesnttalkmuch » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2011, 09:55:51 am »

Doesnttalkmuch  pls don't talk much because it's hurting my eyes to read what you write.

doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2011, 09:57:27 am »

You think that ALLIES are underpowered?!

And about the shrecks, they have absolutely abysmal accuracy, so if they roll a hit I damn expect them to freaking hit the target.

And please please refrain from screaming that the dev team is biased in any way. I'm gonna level with you, before I was invited to become a developer I also thought, and was quite open about, how I thought everything had always been biased towards Allies. Now, I still feel this way to an extent, but I can now tell you from experience that it is not intentionally biaseed one way or the other.

To be frank, you just lack experience, stick at it, try some different company compositions, and be open to advice, even from Demon. As much as an asshat he is at times, he does know what he is talking about.

And as for mentoring, just you guys wait till we have template companies and scenarios implemented. Then you will see the light.

mmmh... scenarious.. so u mean level or singleplayer mode where there is a defense on field and you get advice of how to get along with it.

SOUNDS supercool Cheesy

@nugnugx just go back into the dark then. I want mostly Allies players to make my arguments powerless. I trust them more.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:00:42 am by doesnttalkmuch » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2011, 10:01:33 am »

You are one of those guys who know it all better than relic itself who made this game.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:53 am »

I dont see OP or UP I see BUGS in the code like AC not getting Engine Damage. I see tanks driving faster than a jeep
If ACs no longer receive engine damage that should be posted up in the bugs forum. Tanks driving faster than jeeps though? Unless that tank is popping Blitzkrieg & lightning war, I don't even see how that would be possible at all.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2011, 10:08:17 am »

Can you simply stop? I don't think you are the only one here who can decide what is nonsense and what is not nonsense.

I trust my ingame exp (with those mentioned units) more than what is written in the program code. My job is to be a software tester. I am earning my money with it and supporting u with it.
A jeep, which cannot give me fast recon or can fast frighten a sniper to back off a bit is useless. a hit and run unit (GH), which cannot run is useless.
Little motorcycles are blocking my tanks. WTF a MOTORcycle is blocking my tank. How ridicilous does this sound anyway.
At least there must be a 100 percent chance to hit it when it is standing/blocking right behind u.
Did not see a marder missing me when i was standing right in front of it

Next.

Right, I'd say I'm an avid Allied player. I've been playing EiRR for about 2-3 years and I only really got into Axis in the last year or so of playing, still with a preference towards Allies.

Jeeps that can be outrun by AC's and Jagd's... Well, unfortunately, all I can say is that's how shit rolls in CoH in general. You really shouldn't have your Jeeps near AC's. Jagdpanthers have a VERY low chance of hitting the Jeep, particularly at range and if it's moving. If it DOES hit you, it was more than likely a hell of a lucky shot.

Both Jeeps AND Motorcycles have relatively high dodge chances, which also apply at close range, however, from personal experience if either a Jeep or a Motorbike gets to close range, chances are a tank round from EITHER side's tanks will turn it into scrap.

The chance might as well be 100% to hit the Motorcycle or Jeep at close range as if the round rolls a 'Miss' chances are the scatter will end up hitting it anyhow when your that close.

Oh and Nug, there are people in this community who probably DO know CoH better than Relic itself. Shit, just ask Myst to cough up any unit RGD variable and chances are he's spat it out before you've finished loading Corsix.

Oh and Unknown, unless your mounting a road for max acceleration, certain tanks and light vehicles CAN keep up with Jeeps.

EDIT: Looking at the RGD's, Jeep has 5.5 Acceleration and 7.2 max speed, PE AC has 6 Acceleration and 7.5 max speed. Hrm...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:15:14 am by Hicks58 » Logged

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2011, 10:11:13 am »

Oh and Nug, there are people in this community who probably DO know CoH better than Relic itself. Shit, just ask Myst to cough up any unit RGD variable and chances are he's spat it out before you've finished loading Corsix.

Retarded statement. No one will ever know software as good as the guy who wrote it, there is stuff in engine which cannot be reached by corsix nor other program and people in relic wrote it and no one else, so no, no one will know coh as good as relic.
There might be even some hidden variable which the coder added for lulz and one else will know about it.(which probably isn't but it might be so and no one would knew about it)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:15:10 am by nugnugx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc