Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 09:31:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9R Patch Notes  (Read 84507 times)
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2011, 10:14:37 am »

@hicks ok I will take that into account
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:16:28 am by doesnttalkmuch » Logged

now you live [Click] now u r dead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2011, 10:19:35 am »

The stuff in the game code which matters is the stuff we can access and change. If this wasn't the case, any changes we make would be moot. Therefore, if a person spends enough time looking at the shit that matters, they will know it as good as or better than the developers, who probably haven't even looked properly into the RGD's for fook knows how long for looking at other more pressing projects.

Hidden modifiers in the base game engine are about as statistically likely as shagging the pope tbh considering individual unit variables are rarely, if ever contained in the game engine itself.

Oh, and lay off the personal insults, I dont call anything you say retarded, as much as I might think it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2011, 10:24:43 am »

Putting the AC and the armored scout car (the one with mg42) not getting engine damage while running into 2-3 mines into the BUG section. But I am still curious that they can survive so many mines...

Thank you all for advice.

Cheers
C
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2011, 10:28:11 am »

Im not gonna bring in realism into COH. all i know is that, Jeeps and Motocycles, and or other variants, zooming around the map at light speed, is something we do not want in the game.  They are recon units, use them that way. I would argue that recon would be one of the most important tools in your arsenal. Many would agree, so increasing that survivability would be ridiculous.

Yes, we know Panther and the Jagdpanther are fast, but there havent been any problems with them being that quick, they are expensive units of course, so users would want added survivability, something you would be 'meh' about for a recon unit. If you are that afraid of being beaten in a race by Axis vehicles, put a ATG on the path so you can trololol as you beat them to the finish line.

However, i would listen to arguments about maybe a slight GH speed increase, but the very fact that the change would only need to be 'slight' would mean that it is no where nere a 'problem'.

I dont believe there is a HIT&RUN category, i believe that's a tactic. There are AT/AI. m8 fills both, so, if hit and running aint working for you, switch to a more suited role, such as keeping the m8 close to your ATGs and infantry to threaten expensive axis infantry.
GH can 'run'.. they are fast and have good dodge abilities, but they are not gods secret weapon. tbh is LV dodged as you want them to, there would be anarchy, the game would become tiresome.

hint of the day for you, if an axis vehicle is gonna chase you, place an ATG in its path, it would be much more cost effective if you can draw out axis tanks into your firing arch.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2011, 10:31:38 am »

Oh, and lay off the personal insults, I dont call anything you say retarded, as much as I might think it.

I didn't call you retarded, i called your statement retarded which is not a personal insult, unless you think that you are your statement.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:41 am »

I didn't call you retarded, i called your statement retarded which is not a personal insult.
Will you be my lawyer Mr. Spin doctor?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2011, 10:33:06 am »

I thought Smokaz is a lawyer.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:35 am »

Still find it kinda funny that the PE AC has 7.5 speed and 6 acceleration while the Jeep has 7.2 speed and 5.5 acceleration lol.

Greyhounds have always felt kinda slow to me in all honesty. They more or less hover on that bridge between actual armoured car speed and light tank speed.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2011, 10:40:21 am »

Still find it kinda funny that the PE AC has 7.5 speed and 6 acceleration while the Jeep has 7.2 speed and 5.5 acceleration lol.

What is so funny about it ?  it's gameplay and it don't have to do nothing with realism.

For all i care jeep could have an elephant skin and 10 speed and AC dinosaur skin and shooting rocks if it would be balanced.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:42 am »

What is so funny about it ?  it's gameplay and it don't have to do nothing with realism.

For all i care jeep could have an elephant skin and 10 speed and AC dinosaur skin and shooting rocks if it would be balanced.
Do want

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:44 am »

At what point have I ever said anything about realism?

If anything it's pretty poor gameplay when LV's are out pacing light scouts - however, this has always been like this. I suppose people have just not thought to go hunt Jeeps with AC's.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2011, 10:48:51 am »

I want mostly Allies players to make my arguments powerless. I trust them more.

You see, you should not simply group players into 'Axis' and 'Allies'. It needs players that play both sides consistently to get a good view on balance. A balance team for example cannot consist of 3 'allied' players and 3 'axis' players. The fact that you are only counting on the opinion of players who mostly or only play allies just shows bias and is in no way good for balance.

I strongly recommend you play a few games as axis and you will see a vast improvement of your skill, simply because you know how both sides work and what their weaknesses are. Keep an eye on what allied players do to annoy you or fuck you up and copy it over to your playstyle.

If ACs no longer receive engine damage that should be posted up in the bugs forum.

I think we completely removed the mine crit on ACs because the unit itself in vCoH always got 100% immobilized when hit by a mine or sticky. Another reason could be is that over half of its health is gone after it ran over a mine.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:50:55 am by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2011, 10:50:02 am »

You didn't but i did.

If anything it's pretty poor gameplay when LV's are out pacing light scouts - however, this has always been like this. I suppose people have just not thought to go hunt Jeeps with AC's.

If jeeps and motorcycles would have 10 speed you wouldn't be able to catch them with anything, people would spam them , kill snipers , atgs/ hmgs / mortars and run away, rinse and repeat.

That would be broken.

Current speed of scouts is perfect.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2011, 10:51:20 am »

Lastly Talk, Doctrines are the only avenue for anything to become OP, and if i remember correctly, most of that shit has been fixed. and trust me, anything doctrine OP wise would be called out quicker then you can say JEBUS by community members.

Down to the core gameplay, you just need to know, like Smokaz graciously pointed out, how to adapt to situations, call-ins, counters, gameplay mechanics w/e It comes with experience! This is in no way meant to offend you, but how the community works, you really are not needed to call out OP stuff, because by the time you would get there, it would of already been seen to, shouted by community members till they are red in the face, and noted. considering that the point you have brought up are abit late to the party and we already know (such as the ATG pricing) to be experimental. Devs want to see how it turns out, and so do i tbh.

35+ games isnt much tbh lol. i went through 20 wins and 150 losses on my first eirr account before i changed to WM and got the hang of the gameplay.
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2011, 10:52:55 am »

I just want jeeps to be able to get out of trouble as fast as a motorcycle can get out of trouble.

And GH are sooooooo slow they are always late when they need to help out an infantry squad in trouble. When they arrive they get a 100% accurate one-time-shot Faust from volks or F-jagers because enemy inf just finished killing the squad in trouble and can now easily concentrate on killing GH.
I hate my GH* more then the enemy units...

*for being so damn slow and stupid pathfinding

@elitegren,
I do play both sides and it is good for the skill. So u r right

But what is wrong with a scouts car being immo after driving with rubber tires over a mine?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:57:36 am by doesnttalkmuch » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2011, 10:54:36 am »

35+ games isnt much tbh lol. i went through 20 wins and 150 losses on my first eirr account before i changed to WM and got the hang of the gameplay.

Before i opened my mouth on forum about balance i spent 2 years with intervals playing the game first.

Any new guy who didn't hit 500+ games has no credit on balance from me.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:26 am »

That's not so much the units fault but your own fault tbh.
Before i opened my mouth on forum about balance i spent 2 years with intervals playing the game first.

Any new guy who didn't hit 500+ games has no credit on balance from me.

lol mate, im ashamed about the bullshit that came from my mouth when i first started. QQin about how Axis was all UP and shit *facepalm*
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:27 am »

no credit on balance from me.

Anyone else find this hilarious?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2011, 11:01:06 am »

Kiss
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:01 am »

Do I really need to spend so much lifetime (500 matches multiplied with a 30 minutes and more, which is to play 10,5 days without sleep in a row) before I can comment balance?  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:07:59 am by doesnttalkmuch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc