Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 02:28:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Human Rights  (Read 12391 times)
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »

I can give you all sort of evidence for whatever you decide to argue in regards to this essay, but can you fix the Karabiner sniper for me?

Is there still time?

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 04:33:06 pm »

Schmidt, get on vent ?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 04:34:23 pm »

I've done it now, it's not a mega serious essay, just one that had to be done.

And I cannot fix Karabiner because I am not entirely sure what is wrong with it, it's still being looked at.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:11 pm »

Such a shame. What did you end up arguing? I guarantee I have some evidence for it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 04:39:47 pm »

That Human Rights can never truly be universal because of the very nature of both humans and modern society in both advanced countries and struggling countries, regardless of how ever many countries claim to back it, they all violate it in some way, in order to "protect" the rights of others, and thus a cycle of removing rights from some to protect those of others begins.
In combination with the idea that in general, most people simply do not care enough whether some guy like Robert Mugabe is a total prick because it doesn't effect them.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »

__
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:16:03 pm by Masacree » Logged
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »

F**KIN HELL!

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

Always easy to say when your living in Canada's repressive regime

lets face it people who were under regimes felt that the Decleration was necessary, they were most likely right

But then again you could listen to brn with his free health care, social assistance, a mostly good police force, no conscription etc.

People living under regimes know better then anyone that the UDHR is a load of shit.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 05:56:12 pm »

universal? so if we find humans on another planet we have to give them the same rights? FUCK THAT SHIT! BLOW THEM THE FUCK UP!, STEAL THERE RESOURCES, ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 05:58:23 pm »

You want a better laugh, break down and examine this famous American fiction. ""Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 06:03:46 pm »

Don't forget that all if those also cone at the cost of freedom. Nothing is given and it all has a cost that other people may or may not want to pay.

Someones freedoms are being trampled on no matter what you do.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 06:06:28 pm »

MUSLIMS!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 06:17:25 pm »

You want a better laugh, break down and examine this famous American fiction. ""Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Those of us who pay attention, no matter how vague the saying, know that this existed at one time, but it's been about a century and is now almost completely gone depending on how you choose to look at it.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »

People living under regimes know better then anyone that the UDHR is a load of shit.

No they don't they don't even know they exist, and that is a mind blowing difference.

Alot of countries like that are really at the end of there industrial era, just supplied with modern weaponry. They have yet to go through the uprisings and strife that our countries went through to get to where we are, and people don't even think of that.

I hear to many people say "Fucking (insert vulgar word here) why the fuck cant they get with the civilized world" Then i realized that they probably never cracked a book so shut up. The point is, is that on a social scale they are behind us. And don't give me the corrupt government bullshit, were still better off then we were 50 years ago and 100 years before that.

Unless you want to return to Coal companies enslaving entire generations, and all the fun little things that came with that era

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:20 pm »

The declaration CANNOT be enforced by an international body.
So they follow it just because of conscience?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:06 pm »

No, thats being naive, they don't follow it. Quite Simply the Declaration was written predominatly by nations that enjoy more freedoms then most and it was decided by whatever high and mighty principles that those were the rights people should get. It's easy enough to say in a developed country where food and money are rather quite plentiful when compared to the rest of the world.

How do you even begin to impose article 3?

"Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person."
The right to life? What is it? No one can kill you? we know that to be false. Or in the event of 2 men dying of thirst adrift at sea, whose right is more unalienable?

The right to Liberty? Liberty isn't a right, it's something that has to be earned. You cannot simply give this to people. Someone will always need to be on the sharp end of the sword to ensure that other people can enjoy this "right"

Security of person? Do I even need to go there?

Thats just the basics.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:49 pm »

i still think there are some universal rights and wrongs out there though.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:07 pm »

Right and wrong are social and moral issues. Which again are dependant on your upbringing. but just claiming that these "Rights" are law and inviolate is absurd, you can't enforce that anymore than deadbolt can map.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:49 pm »

No, thats being naive, they don't follow it. Quite Simply the Declaration was written predominatly by nations that enjoy more freedoms then most and it was decided by whatever high and mighty principles that those were the rights people should get. It's easy enough to say in a developed country where food and money are rather quite plentiful when compared to the rest of the world.

How do you even begin to impose article 3?

"Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person."
The right to life? What is it? No one can kill you? we know that to be false. Or in the event of 2 men dying of thirst adrift at sea, whose right is more unalienable?

The right to Liberty? Liberty isn't a right, it's something that has to be earned. You cannot simply give this to people. Someone will always need to be on the sharp end of the sword to ensure that other people can enjoy this "right"

Security of person? Do I even need to go there?

Thats just the basics.

Let me just correct you on a couple of things.

1. Those 'high and mighty' people who wrote that were being persucted across the land by a King who happened to be 'legally' gods represntative on earth. They were privelaged for the time, true in the terms that there families could afford to give them education. Or the ones that the declaration was based on, The French Revolution i mean those people must have been really high on there horses after watching Napoleon the artillery officer unleash grapeshot on very large group of civilian protesters then get rewarded by yet another king. But hey, fuck voting, lets just abandon this foolish idea and let someone like Pinochet be incharge.

2. Why shouldn't liberty be a right, whats wrong with taking a stance against slavery? In the event of 2 men adrift at sea, both of them are probably going to die, so your point isn't only moot, its not much of one. I really think you should learn the deffinition of Unalienable. Pretty much it states that i have no right to take your life or freedoms and end it, or give it to someone else (slavery), or for whatever means stand in your path and prevent you from living.

3. Security of Person, why shouldn't you go there, i mean you clearly have no respect for the quality of life that you are living.

If you really want to keep defending your position, go do some gold mining in south america, if you ever make it back and STILL think this way then good for you.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:36:23 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 10:43:03 pm »

referring to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Which was written in 1948 by the United Nations following the experiences and results of the Second World War.

You seem to think I'm saying everyone should be crushed under heel and whipped harder for slacking in the Silver Mines.
Which is the complete opposite. I think the attempt to set down human rights for everyone is a noble goal. Infact I like to believe it, but thats not reality, and thinking otherwise will only result in the harm of others.

Taking a stance against Slavery is PERFECTLY fine. I'm all for that but you cannot force Liberty as a right. In a democracy you have the RIGHT to vote at age X. where as Driving is a privilege. Simply saying something is a RIGHT does not make it inviolate. The fact that this document cannot be enforced across the globe and is infact violated in small ways by it's signing members makes it simply a ideal to be attempted rather than followed to the letter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc