Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:39:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airboune LMG  (Read 18350 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 02:01:31 am »

So can someone explain exactly why you dislike the Airborne being given M1 garands? How are Garands more AI than a supressive .30 cal exactly?

I think it's  because you're implying that Garands would come in with no price associated. The . 30cal costs something, and can only be used when you bypass the buffs that AB armour gives.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 02:03:59 am »

Who implied there would be no cost with them?

I've made the suggestion before, at 30-40mu, they would be a nice upgrade.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 02:05:35 am »

I think it's  because you're implying that Garands would come in with no price associated. The . 30cal costs something, and can only be used when you bypass the buffs that AB armour gives.

But why on earth would you need to charge munitions for Garands? Are they really that game changing/battle changing to have to pay a muniprice for them? Couldn't they be a T3 bonus or something?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 02:10:09 am »

T4 probs. Wait for AB doctrine Tongue.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 02:42:09 am »

looking at doctrine choice,as Terror that lets you move and fire LMG  Tongue
BigDick
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 03:31:16 am »

Give Airboune the Option to buy x2 BARs (80Munitions) WITHOUT BAR SUPRESSION. The unlock will replace bottom tier 2 in the unlock.

we had exactly this and you know what? it was op...i self was running an bar spam airborne company with zero RRsquads..

420hp 6 men squad -25% recieved accuracy while moving, no deployment timer increase, several doctrine buffs AND fireup

it got exactly removed because everyone was spaming bar airbornes and most got to vet3 easy

second, i always heard the reason AB with BARs was OP was because the old AB riflemen had the option of stickies, BARs, nades, AND had Elite Armor (not elite crits) so they were 25% harder to hit on the move on top of having better armor. then they nerfed them to the extreme.

nope thats not possible since both are armor types and a unit can only have 1 armor type vs a specific weapon category and not 2 at once

it was op because what i wrote above...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:33:46 am by BigDick » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 05:19:09 am »

the first few posts in this thread already make no sense at all.

BAR dps is better than thompson dps at all ranges. 2x BAR > 2x Thompson.

please try again
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 07:25:59 am »

what i dont understand is why the hubbub over garands over carbines. It's 1.4 dps to 1.8, ooooh, rape machine!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 07:40:56 am »

what i dont understand is why the hubbub over garands over carbines. It's 1.4 dps to 1.8, ooooh, rape machine!

for the entire squad that about 13% of a BAR extra dps Tongue
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 09:25:24 am »

Do AB rifleman cost more than regular rifles?

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 09:34:21 am »

200MP for Riflemen, 220MP for Airborne Riflemen.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 09:36:16 am »

hmmm kk, looking in the rgds, im not seeing a differant in the Ability list between Airbourne and AB rifleman, Infact im seeing an extra one on AB rifleman.

Does this mean the AB rifleman get fireup too?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 10:42:40 am »

Has anyone here realized, Perhaps the prupose of airborne rifleman is so that the rifleman's AI makeups for the lack of Airborne AI?

Airborne dont need AI, they are supposed to be pure AT. They have one of the two most sexiest AT choices(other is stormie dual shreck)

Use your airborne riflemen to defend them, or simple do it the old fashioned way, lots of quads.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 10:48:01 am »

thats another reason i dont like the lmgs. give 'em to rangers. I should do a poll
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 10:52:53 am »

Good to have you back Tym.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 11:06:46 am »

what do u mean? i still don't play Tongue
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »

Has anyone here realized, Perhaps the prupose of airborne rifleman is so that the rifleman's AI makeups for the lack of Airborne AI?

Airborne dont need AI, they are supposed to be pure AT. They have one of the two most sexiest AT choices(other is stormie dual shreck)

Use your airborne riflemen to defend them, or simple do it the old fashioned way, lots of quads.

Yes, we've realized this, but have you not realized they were given a .30 cal, which, when two of them are paired together, are able to actually supress a target Why haven't you been complaining about this  Roll Eyes

I honestly still don't see why you guys are hating the idea of ATLEAST giving them Garands, I have to deal with dang Tigers and Knighs Cross with Oak leaves, I can't see why you guys can't deal with just a little extra damage against your infantry.  Tongue

Also, when you look at it, almost every elite Infantry can either have AT roles or AI roles, so, why can't Airborne exactly?

Storms - Shreks/Mp44 + bundle nade
Commandoes - Stens/Piats
Rangers - Thompsons/Zook
Knights Cross automatically comes with MP44, but can buy the ability to ward off light vehiciles with Panzerfaust.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »

Yes, we've realized this, but have you not realized they were given a .30 cal, which, when two of them are paired together, are able to actually supress a target Why haven't you been complaining about this  Roll Eyes

I honestly still don't see why you guys are hating the idea of ATLEAST giving them Garands, I have to deal with dang Tigers and Knighs Cross with Oak leaves, I can't see why you guys can't deal with just a little extra damage against your infantry.  Tongue

Also, when you look at it, almost every elite Infantry can either have AT roles or AI roles, so, why can't Airborne exactly?

Storms - Shreks/Mp44 + bundle nade
Commandoes - Stens/Piats
Rangers - Thompsons/Zook
Knights Cross automatically comes with MP44, but can buy the ability to ward off light vehiciles with Panzerfaust.
Wrong. Airborne had nades and thats the equivalent of panzerfaust for KCH and fallchrimjaegers(which are more of improved defensive infantry instead of elite)

The whole idea of AI for them takes away from their design.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 01:05:33 pm »

You mean like when they added support weapons to the CW and PE factions? Or how about offmaps in every doctrine? Or Luftwaffe getting Riflenades and G43s.

I mean really, claiming that adding something based on the vCoH design is just stupid at this point. At least make it from a balance point of view.

Adding 2 Thompsons or a couple of Shotguns would not be game breaking. Garands would be a fine upgrade. That or just make Carbines a decent god damned weapon....personally, I'm for making the M1 Carbine somewhere between a Garand and an SMG, with RoF somewhere in between.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 02:40:43 pm »

i like that idea. Carbine was a heck of a weapon. I'd rather have 6 lugers than 6 carbines in coh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc