Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 08:20:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Translation  (Read 6099 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »

Come see me. If you are willing to work for next to nothing, you increase you chances of getting a job with my company by 95%  Wink

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 08:56:23 pm »

Come see me. If you are willing to work for next to nothing, you increase you chances of getting a job with my company by 95%  Wink

lol then you wouldn't hire me.

It's funny in the US, or at least in areas like south west, NYC, and cali, if you are fluent in spanish and english you just increased your chances of gettin a job by 50% it seems.

so true.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »

see, same thing in NZ. No need for another language so a max two, so for those stuck up euros who say "you americans only speak one language, ur idiots" we dont need other languages...1000 years ago everyone in europe spoke latin or died.
Weeeelll theres a slight difference.

While we do have a fair chunk and variety of migrants, English and Maori are our two languages here.
We're also landlocked.

America on the otherhand...

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »

Weeeelll theres a slight difference.

While we do have a fair chunk and variety of migrants, English and Maori are our two languages here.
We're also landlocked. (bolded for humiliation)

America on the otherhand...

I'll bet Maori is as useful to you as the Cherokee language is to me.

Oh and here's the Landlocked definition:
A landlocked country is a country entirely enclosed by land, or whose only coastlines lie on closed seas.

ENGLISH MAJOR MAN STRIKES AGAIN! *woosh*

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »

Lol Groundfire, I had to reread what he said 4 times to figure out if I missed something.

New Zealand.....Landlocked....Huh?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 11:50:48 pm »

hahaha! what i said totally came out wrong, i meant if you are bilingual and can speak both fluent english and spanish more job opportunities present themselves, also you can pick up jobs just translating things.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 12:46:06 am »

see, same thing in NZ. No need for another language so a max two, so for those stuck up euros who say "you americans only speak one language, ur idiots" we dont need other languages...1000 years ago everyone in europe spoke latin or died.

in america there's really only english. spanish is only here because of the spanish coming up north, but the white and black americans speak spanish? forget it.

you got french in some canadian areas

other than that, like 95% english basically

Id say you are wrong Tym, in the sense of Europeans and Latin, one of the reasons for the cultural and linguistic battle you have in the states, is because it is such a young nation, take France for instance, during the 1500 and 1600 century and even up until the late 1800 there was only a 25% who spoke what we today would call "french", specially in the earlier days the "Franks" as they where called, had a huge variety of languages, and that is in a very small small area, and it was like this in all of Europe. But after time and indoctrination and laws and trade, languages began to die out, due to either power or just plain practicality.

Now again this is ofc only what I remember, and there might be some faults in this, but I would recommend you to check it out further if it is something you would like to know more about, it is a very interesting concept ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 01:10:07 am »

i forget US is lucky enough to have ebonics, pretty much it does to english what the US did to english after the revolution, and what cockney did prior  Cheesy
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 01:17:48 am »

I'll bet Maori is as useful to you as the Cherokee language is to me.

lawl, just lawl.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 03:51:30 am »

This thread is full of stupid humans

why is everyone except me retarded?
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 04:16:39 am »

Wanna buy a handbag?

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 06:23:09 am »

I think assuming that half of the people you meet are going to be dumber than you shows exactly what its all about.

As for English, it's a world language. Most people I know here in Norway can write and read 3 languages.  I consider myself lesser for not knowing french or german, tbh.

At any rate, I'm thinking of spending New Years Eve in the US if I do well on my law exams.
Whats the warmest city to be in during new years eve?

Also:
In good faith, I declare that no correlation between cartoony voices and low intelligence has been proven..  Cool

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:25:07 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 07:20:20 am »

I think assuming that half of the people you meet are going to be dumber than you shows exactly what its all about.

I think most of the people in this community need to assume that 90% of the people you meet are going to be smarter than you tbfh........
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 08:23:40 am »

Also:
In good faith, I declare that no correlation between cartoony voices and low intelligence has been proven..  Cool

i doubt that
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:27:25 am by chefarzt » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc