Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 02:27:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allies Suggestion Box  (Read 11482 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 12:20:55 pm »

this is truth, Assault AB in OMG are hilariously OP.

We need more rifle like upgrades.

Give .30 Cal to Rifles. That Johnsson thingy with more suppression. Mini LMG42 ftw!

The problem with Allies is...they already have it perfect. I mean Riflemen with BARs...suppression and awsomeness in same package. Stickybombs ontop of it and handgrenades too, smokenades and bazooka also available and ontop of it one doc gets Boys ATs for them!

30 Cal can already fight vehicles with AP burst

57mm is one of the best Anti Tank guns in terms of Penetration and damage. Even if PAK38 out DPSes it the 57mm always comes on top when one thinks about it.

Allies get M10, Firefly and M18 for Tank Destroyers also they get nice variety of different light vehicles
Allies Medium Armor is good, very good compared to Axis ones. The M4 Sherman with upgun and non-upgun are powerful units and every axis player avoids fighting them head on with anything but a panther or heavier vehicle. Cromwells with their infantry sniping cabilities makes one giggle.

I mean...Allies get everything...why do Axis get new units? PE needs them, Wehrmacht- idk, maybe needs them? Maybe not, Maybe yes, makes them cooler that's for sure.

The reason why there aren't many Allied suggestions is the fact that it is HARD to come UP with them as Allies GETS EVERYTHING already. Plus Axis had more stuff and experimental toys etc making more interesting unit options compared to Allied ones...

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:43 pm »

this is truth, Assault AB in OMG are hilariously OP.

I haven't played OMG, but maybe without sprint and/or Elite armour it should run fine.

The problem with Allies is...they already have it perfect. I mean Riflemen with BARs...suppression and awsomeness in same package. Stickybombs ontop of it and handgrenades too, smokenades and bazooka also available and ontop of it one doc gets Boys ATs for them!

I know and that's why people find Allies rather boring than interesting. There is no variety in units: just rifle spam.

why is everyone except me retarded?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 02:37:54 pm »

I haven't played OMG, but maybe without sprint and/or Elite armour it should run fine.

I know and that's why people find Allies rather boring than interesting. There is no variety in units: just rifle spam.

Easy solution. Make each one a different unit type. That way you can have the same variety as PE.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 07:18:42 pm »

how about standard bazooka for 80 mun for the riflemansquad for all us doctrins

airborne squad with elite armour (mabe 4 person squad, can get thompsons)
We wont be adding in units that compensate for the Doctrines inherent weaknesses.
Airborne unit weakness (if you can call it that with AB Rifles, but I digress) is its lack of AB AI units.  Giving both will just make the doctrine more OMFGWTFPWN.

If there is such a case for an Axis unit, it will need to be reviewed for placement viability.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »

We wont be adding in units that compensate for the Doctrines inherent weaknesses.
Airborne unit weakness (if you can call it that with AB Rifles, but I digress) is its lack of AB AI units.  Giving both will just make the doctrine more OMFGWTFPWN.

If there is such a case for an Axis unit, it will need to be reviewed for placement viability.

then what are commandos weakness? falls? both have absurdly great AI abilities AND AT as well!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 10:06:53 pm »

Commandoes downfall is their fragility with their armor type.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 10:16:07 pm »

then what are commandos weakness? falls? both have absurdly great AI abilities AND AT as well!

Falls are frail, though. Luft is also kinda short on useful doctrinal units.

4man KCH on the other hand, are wtfretarded, esp when they're 100% un-suppressable.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 10:49:17 pm »

Falls are frail, though. Luft is also kinda short on useful doctrinal units.

4man KCH on the other hand, are wtfretarded, esp when they're 100% un-suppressable.

They aren't 100% un-suppressable. You just seem to hit Suppression Fire too late vs them.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 02:03:52 am »

hey hey hey, thats funny, look at the luft doctrine, they have fallis as perfect ai and with dual shreks as perfect at, where are the weaknesses???

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 03:09:10 am »

hey hey hey, thats funny, look at the luft doctrine, they have fallis as perfect ai and with dual shreks as perfect at, where are the weaknesses???
Why do people fail to read my posts?

Which, as has been stated, will be during the 0800 Doctrine balance phase of the drafts.

*shrug*
BigDick
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 03:37:56 am »

falls with 4 men and 60 or 65 hp are far away from being "perfect AT" for 250mun
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 03:49:53 am »

4 man airborns with thompsons arent perfect ai?
BigDick
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 06:14:49 am »

did i said anything about airbornes?

but according 4 men airbornes

they would still have more hp each and a good armor type that actually does something against their target

but the mentioned assault airbornes of omg was a 6 men squad with airborne armor 70 or 75hp each fireup that could purchase nuclear pineapples and satchels
that was as a squad itsself op ontop of that the airbornes with RR are very good AT
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 07:26:43 am »

omg airborne are five men with more hp per man than kch and elite armor w/4 thompsons

they actually aren't that OP, because you know, they are talented at pricing upgrades aggressively there.

i believe thompsons on that squad are 180 munis or 150

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 07:29:19 am »

omg airborne are five men with more hp per man than kch and elite armor w/4 thompsons

they actually aren't that OP, because you know, they are talented at pricing upgrades aggressively there.

i believe thompsons on that squad are 180 munis or 150

That...isn't all that much...compared to what you just said.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 08:20:55 am »

Suggestion: lower bazooka cost for rifle purchase
40 mun instead of 55

why?

Rangers get 2 for 80 and that's a way better deal than 1 for a weak rifle squad costing 55 mun.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 09:53:36 am »

its the combo with stickies and nades but yeah I agree 55 may be a but much but the reason they're 80 is akin to 2x schercks being 220 and one being 120.

but yeah...it may be a bit much. maybe 50 instead of 55?

I would still like to see the allied lmg be for rangers rather than airborne and give greaseguns to airborne. its not as OP as thompsons but not really strong either.

i also suggest that the 75 and 76mm sherman be separate units. much like the upgun puma.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:00:13 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:52 am »

its the combo with stickies and nades but yeah I agree 55 may be a but much but the reason they're 80 is akin to 2x schercks being 220 and one being 120.

but yeah...it may be a bit much. maybe 50 instead of 55?

I would still like to see the allied lmg be for rangers rather than airborne and give greaseguns to airborne. its not as OP as thompsons but not really strong either.

i also suggest that the 75 and 76mm sherman be separate units. much like the upgun puma.

I would love to get an LMG on Rangers, then I could just sit back, shoot you, and fireup to get away to heal when needed....

Might be OP.

Could just revamp the M1 Carbine entirely.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:52 am »

Rangers don't need long range weapons but the zook definitely needs to be 40 and not 50. There is absolutely no reason to spend any more than 40 munitions for a single bazooka on a weak rifle squad.
With the weapons cache coming up in the future, consider 40 munitions.

added: I agree with ampm on the m1
I also didn't mean to shoot tym down, but I'm just saying that the zook definitely needs to be reduced based on the reasons above.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:07:20 am by 3rdCondor » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 10:26:37 am »

well yeah. the carbine sux i'd rather ab have the garand. I undrestand they're supposed to be mainly AT but having to run from even vanilla volks sux.

Tank busters don't get toned down weapons, neither do grens or tank buster falls or piat sappers or rangers with zooks but ab get the sorriest weapons next to engineer weapons and even those do more dmg when you get up close than airborne can do.

If i had a choice between attacking with AB or attacking with an engineer squad (with rr, both ahve 3 weapons) i'm running in with the engineers (no flamer)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc