Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:03:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pce out eirr  (Read 20637 times)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 12:39:44 pm »

Dude, because they are busy doing other stuff....

...like throwing parties with an oiled naked pile of Phillipino ladyboys.

Those were always the best kind of parties.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 12:41:22 pm »

I'm just playing HoN and Deus Ex right now.

When RO2 comes out EIRR can go to heck =)

BigDick
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:55 pm »

It doesn't beat cloaking falls. Not even close.

In cover the falls get an accuracy bonus that completely negates the effect of smoke.

-Wind

and because they are so op you play tankhunters instead of luftwaffe....i see thats smart tbh

protip: being in cover while fighting flamers is a nogo especially with soldier armored low hp infantry  Roll Eyes
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 01:55:36 pm »

and because they are so op you play tankhunters instead of luftwaffe....i see thats smart tbh

protip: being in cover while fighting flamers is a nogo especially with soldier armored low hp infantry  Roll Eyes

He does play luftwaffe, did all his smurfs confuse you? /sarcasm

I think the buffs are fine with the top T4, but moving cloak is really untasteful in Luftwaffe. What is really strong in that T4, is the fact that you can drop in falls in 15 seconds. This for good players, is a godsend. It's very easy to keep on the pressure with a bunch of FG42 falls, when you can drop them in 15 seconds at any point in the game, wherever you want, while the enemy has to wait 30 seconds to a minute for reinforcements... it makes luft really aggressive on holding a lot of territory, no matter how many casualties, because you can always drop in more falls really quickly. And it's not like they're airborne dropping in 15 s, they have really good AI, and fausts for supporting AT (add a panther to this strategy and its very hard to beat when you got so much pressure on you for territory, let alone cloaking troops everywhere).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:40:07 pm by Katusha » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 03:06:09 pm »

Fals can also easily overrun evemy troops when in equal numbers (2 fals v 2 rifles/2 tommies) which, as elite inf is plausible, is still silly for their cost and effect.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 03:43:56 pm »

WHY WOULD YOU EXPOSE HIM!
THE TRUTH COMES OUT

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »

So why dont you fucking do it then? How hard is it to simply disable everything but R+ mode with R+ actually being random in a hotfix?
 Cool

Your project manager, do stuff

Huh???  I am suggesting we get rid of Me & R+. IMO we should only have Attack & Defend that's it.  Just put those options on random, you never know what you are going to play until it happens, but it will only be Attack, or defend.

Nobody on this team, with the exception of EiRRMoD himself, can make changes with out a majority consensus from the rest of the SDT.
If the majority of the community wanted this change, then the SDT would more than likely implement it. Unfortunately, as a stated previously, enough people will whine about the change that it will not happen.

Too many people in this community rely on gimmicks and spam to win, therefore they would stop any attempt to get rid of it.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2011, 04:14:28 pm »

I am suggesting we get rid of Me & R+.

ugh thats a fucking terrible idea.

if you want to fix it just make it a random 25% chance for ME, R+, attack or defend.

then when the warmap comes out do it like Close Combat, if 2 people move into the same territory, meeting engagement. Attack and defend are pretty self explanatory.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 04:44:23 pm »

Attack and defend should not be random. You should know in which games you will be attacking, which you will be defending, so you can build your company to that theme.

Having a company that is good at both attacking and defending, you'd most likely have to SPAM, because spam works most of the time. It's not like spam fails at defending, or attacking, that you think it will stop spam..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:47:47 pm by Katusha » Logged
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

Should be "random" each day Cheesy

why is everyone except me retarded?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 04:46:05 pm »

You guys are brainwashed. Gimmicks are present at any mode in the mod, not just M/E and R+.

You gotta randomize them which to an extent will be done with the warmap. I think it relies upon what's happening in your sector, not if you are "winning or losing" the war.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2011, 06:29:25 pm »

You gotta randomize them which to an extent will be done with the warmap. I think it relies upon what's happening in your sector, not if you are "winning or losing" the war.

Warmap? What's that?

Anyways, the old attack and defend style brainwashed me years ago... gimme!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2011, 06:30:36 pm »

if you dont like gimmicks, dont play eir. if u dont like spam, dont play rts's and if you can't handle trolls, stay off the internet

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2011, 08:40:13 pm »

You guys are brainwashed. Gimmicks are present at any mode in the mod, not just M/E and R+.

My fucking hero.  Honestly what I've eben saying forever.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 12:12:30 am »

Nah, its warmap wide rather than sector.

But sector events can add in a random element.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2011, 08:59:40 am »

Nobody on this team, with the exception of EiRRMoD himself, can make changes with out a majority consensus from the rest of the SDT.
If the majority of the community wanted this change, then the SDT would more than likely implement it. Unfortunately, as a stated previously, enough people will whine about the change that it will not happen.

Too many people in this community rely on gimmicks and spam to win, therefore they would stop any attempt to get rid of it.

So lemme get this straight, a good chunk of people want a GOOD change for the mod, but your letting a chunk of asshats prevent it. Not only are they preventing a good change, but you are also catering to them?

THAT, is concerning. We have had changes that people have been iffy about implemented before. People have complained, but the same people eventually quieten down, get over it, and adapt to it. That or they run off in a huff - But the sort of people that rely on spam and gimmicky game play are bad for the mod in the first place.

EiRRMod, if you are truly the only person who can make decisions that can't be overruled, I suggest pulling some Obi-wan shit and being our only hope. -.-'

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:29 am »

I agree hicks.

I am just stating that I can not make the change single handidly. I would suggest a new thread about the topic with a pole.
Eldanesh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2011, 01:03:29 pm »

No forget mine spam!!1 Grin Grin

jk jk

Regards,
Eldanesh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc