Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:20:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP COH:O  (Read 9276 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: September 07, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »

Anybody miss it? It had a lot of potential, just a bad business model. I feel if they got rid of a few Hero units and just kept the upgrades and doctrines, it would've surivived.

Also alot of people got frustrated because of OP heros and doctrine abilities.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:32:36 pm »

I was just gonna say the same thing. It was a great game. I wish I could revive it and use a better F2P model and incorporate all my good ideas.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »

It could have been saved, tbh, but they weren't in a position to revamp it all.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 01:41:38 pm »

Anybody miss it? It had a lot of potential, just a bad business model. I feel if they got rid of a few Hero units and just kept the upgrades and doctrines, it would've surivived.

Also alot of people got frustrated because of OP heros and doctrine abilities.

I feel it could have been saved if it had focused on the heroes, heroe everything. Make it the economy. Increase the doctrine size (they were to small for a self proclaimed persistancy mmo) make people want to stay with thier companies.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
BigDick
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:44:11 pm »

to make coh:o really effective they would have needed to shut down the normal coh servers
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 01:53:27 pm »

to make coh:o really effective they would have needed to shut down the normal coh servers

Nah, they had a terrible F2P model which didn't earn them any money. And they only realized this after server bandwidth had cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 02:00:14 pm »

It's funny that the way to go was making everything overpowered in a way that it balances itself out, if so to say...
Still, run in camo stormtroopers really did pale in comparison to the infantry commander, by lord, did he have some overpowered stuff...

Wave after wave of engineers with bazookas was my favorite one  Wink

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »

Nah, they had a terrible F2P model which didn't earn them any money. And they only realized this after server bandwidth had cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars.

this. they just weren't making anything. i never saw any ads or sponsors
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 02:00:53 pm »

It's funny that the way to go was making everything overpowered in a way that it balances itself out, if so to say...
Still, run in camo stormtroopers really did pale in comparison to the infantry commander, by lord, did he have some overpowered stuff...

Wave after wave of engineers with bazookas was my favorite one,  combined with the group fire up ability  Wink
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 02:02:03 pm »

theyll probably just use a similar platform of coho for their new game theyll be announcing

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »

Wave after wave of engineers with bazookas was my favorite one  Wink

...that was me. engineers and m8's. my vet 5 super atg and artillery, lots and lots of artillery.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

The airborne smoke offmap was epic

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 03:02:26 pm »

The airborne smoke offmap was epic

yeah...but its basically wp smoke as an off map, many would rage
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 04:34:39 pm »

i ran storms and flame vetted pios....  So funnny... 42 mu shrecks....  and sprinting too.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »

^ i think i played against you...jerk
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 05:11:22 pm »

Armoured was fun. Rush to Sherman, end up with a 2-4 Sherman horde while teammates fill the gap and your rifles do the early combat. Late game Pershings come to play with Long range shot.

That shit was funny, if you had both Pershings in field, you could kill a Tiger in a single reload cycle. Fire first round from each Pershing normally, fire Long Shot, fire second normal round (Long Shot is independent of Pershing reload). If all six of those shots penetrate the Tiger (And the Long Shots will at the least), it's dead or wishing it was. Anything less than a Tiger simply dies from the copious amount of fear experienced from looking that shit in the eye.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 10:28:15 pm »

While alot of those Doctrines we're OP. Airborne was the worst with it's Free tier 1 Anti HMG smoke offmap.

When they finally patched that out Defensive was next.

I was able to volks spam my way into Tier 4 because my dying Volks earned me Munitions, fuel more Manpower then the squad cost and I got bodies for a Zombie gren gameplay.

If you played aggressive enough you could have a Flak 88 covering his base before he hit Motorpool

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 02:42:58 am »

yes the 2cp 88 was hilariously broken.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 03:53:59 am »

Not as broken as the recycled rangers (in 2v2's and up)  Grin

But the worst skill, by far, of any of them... Infartry Camoflauge...

Camo any unit, it will run in camo and some will get an ambush bonus... it will also BUILD in camo, meaning, lay mines in camo!

And it has a 1 minute cooldown! I swear some dev was just trolling one day and they took him seriously.

I forgot to mention... IT WAS BLOODY FREE!
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 05:08:53 am »

You ever tried fighting the Fatherland HMG? Fuck flanking, that thing had fucking jet boots on. -HURR DURRRR OUTRUN RETREATING INFANTRY!-

Then we have the Venerable Volks+Discount volks start, the fact that allied heroes didnt progress past the 15 minute mark of the game, and that Volks items provoked nothing but the crudest volksspam from a lot of players. Defensive was particularly annoying... ohai, killed your entire blob 3 times over, and an 88 pops up 10 minutes in?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc