Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:17:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Why?
They Don't know better - 1 (5%)
They're map-specific lamers - 3 (15%)
They're Dumb - 0 (0%)
They're fucking retarded - 3 (15%)
They actually like the map - 13 (65%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shit Maps, Why do People Like Them?  (Read 8781 times)
Solo Wing Pixy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 04:35:20 pm »

Well, why? I'm speaking of the TRULY horrible maps, AKA:

France (2v2)
Bergen (2v2)
RTC (2v2)
Ruins (3v3)

And a couple others that escape me at the moment.

Both Rtc maps and France are straight forward , fairly balanced maps which ever side you go for, they don't look great but there don't look bad either and they are simple

Airborne Division
300th Paratrooper Battalion
Captain SoloWingPixy88
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »

Both Rtc maps and France are straight forward , fairly balanced maps which ever side you go for, they don't look great but there don't look bad either and they are simple

Grab 2 88's, 2-4 MG's, 1-2 paks as support AT and a couple of volks for cover/recrew. Apply Stuka's for the lulz and any remaining pop can be whatever the hell you want. Spread this set up amongst the two players obviously.

On a map like RTC, good luck beating that set up.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 05:11:57 pm »

+1
If it doesnt have that, the map is generally shit imo. Which means most maps are shit.
Maps like RTC.
But unfortunately most people here like those kind of maps because all they have to do is rush in and die, there is only 1 way and thats attack head on, and they call themselves aggressive players, more open maps where you have to flank and move around, where you cant camp with mgs mortars etc on one spot, they dont like for some reason.

True stuff, i love rtc just becuase i can run a defensive company with a retard start and just go grab a coffe and a donut across the street, come back and all my shit will still be there and a field of death infront of it

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 06:09:20 pm »

Your French proverbs do not change the fact that there are some bad maps out there. Tobruk comes to mind.

Tobruk is actually a pretty decent map. It's wide, has some good shot blocking in the mid and randomly spread about, good cover, but enough wide spaces around so long range stuff and 88's are still useful.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »

Well, why? I'm speaking of the TRULY horrible maps, AKA:

France (2v2)
Bergen (2v2)
RTC (2v2)
Ruins (3v3)

And a couple others that escape me at the moment.

First 3 are all good maps.  I think you meant to say...

St Lambert, St Come Du Mont, Church, Neunen, Neuville, Forest, Vengeance, Red Ball Express, and Vire

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 06:40:58 pm »

Your French proverbs do not change the fact that there are some bad maps out there. Tobruk comes to mind.

Tobruk is great.  I don't get why people dislike this map so much.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 06:50:23 pm »

I would like it if it looked more polished. The map just looks and feels so bland to me.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 06:51:50 pm »

So you're saying if it had more grass it would be better?
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »

First 3 are all good maps.  I think you meant to say...

St Lambert, St Come Du Mont, Church, Neunen, Neuville, Forest, Vengeance, Red Ball Express, and Vire

Wow, those are all my favorite maps.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 06:54:17 pm »

Dont listen to crazy, he thinks REDBALL is good?

Dumount, bocage and lambert are my favorites tbh. Regardless of faction!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 06:59:46 pm »

no, I think all those maps are fail.  In pretty much order of least to most tolerable
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 07:13:17 pm »

EIRR players have more powerful unlocks, so they can charge straight ahead and win. If they can't, it's imba, or they need moar offmaps.

OMG players have hordes of weak units so they have to flank. Their map selection is much greater than ours because of the way their games are played.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:51 pm »

I'm not sold on that difference.

While I agree that EiR has too many direct killing off maps in it's current arsenal that players who understand the mechanics core to CoH still come out on top all the time. I see that as no different from OMG. Doctrine selections are in place to make choice units stronger, yes. However Aside from the expensive heavy units most games still come down to proper mechanics and bold timing of assaults(Scouting)

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 10:04:53 pm »

I've found most OMG games that I've checked out in shoutcasts/thatverybriefperiodwhenItried toplayitandfellasleep turn into prolonged camp fests with overall a far lower level of individual player skill.

The bar seems higher in EiR overall. Still our own share of shenanigans and cheesiness being worked on, but on the whole a far better game/product.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 11:41:14 pm »

I've found most OMG games that I've checked out in shoutcasts/thatverybriefperiodwhenItried toplayitandfellasleep turn into prolonged camp fests with overall a far lower level of individual player skill.

The bar seems higher in EiR overall. Still our own share of shenanigans and cheesiness being worked on, but on the whole a far better game/product.

I dno, i'll always be an EIRR boy, maybe it's the grass is greener on the other side syndrome.
I've played a few high lvl games in OMG and got completely rolled every time, because players over there always flank and generally get greater cost efficiency out of their units. The separation between bad players and good player is MUCH more noticeable over there, like you said, lower lvl games are campfests, higher level games are on par with eirr (are there any high lvl eirr games anyway?)

In EIRR, if you lose a sniper, it's okay, because you can have 6 more (nobody in particular Grin). In OMG, if you lose a mortar, then you've probably just lost the game. Understanding of the core mechanics plays a larger role in victory over at OMG, because in EIRR, even if you don't understand the core mechanics, you can always use homing missiles, direct precision strikes, large scatter offmaps etc :p
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 01:21:31 am »

all those maps with the 2:8 size maps are shit, coz axis advantage to camp is much higher without a proper flanking space

(axis mortar is better, 88 is very good there, mgs ...)

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Solo Wing Pixy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 05:58:01 am »

Grab 2 88's, 2-4 MG's, 1-2 paks as support AT and a couple of volks for cover/recrew. Apply Stuka's for the lulz and any remaining pop can be whatever the hell you want. Spread this set up amongst the two players obviously.

On a map like RTC, good luck beating that set up.

Airbourne, satchels and nades under protection of  mortar smoke.

If you push hard and fast enough you'll never get that much support weapons on... all theroycrafting ofc.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc