Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:18:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Those Who Wants More Variety to Allies.  (Read 24484 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

Well AmPm finished it, Well i say bring back Assault Riflemen back as reward cards.
with their high Pool cost and low man cost and scene Oversupply is gone and you cant spam hundreds of 170 man rifles makes them a good unit with their Satiels, Thomson, Flamers and grease guns made them an formidable T3 at the time.
 now if you would add them at least as reward units they would be "rare" and more verity to the allied inf doctrine reward unit section.

Ps: even tough a couple of people said they were useless as a T3 in the old doctrine if you were using them with the Carbiner T4 buff and Flamers (or tomsons) with officer They became a massive threat if a mediocre player was using them
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:06:57 pm by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »

For fucks sakes, retards are still complaining about Allies.

.30 cal is support for you BAR Rifles, get over it. BAR is there to get the initial suppression, HMG kills LV and deals constant suppression and damage.

Between a BAR squad, .30cal HMG and an M18 you can counter and kill most things. Stop crying and learn to play.

The whole argument about needing more variety is just because people can't stand to see the same Rifles over and over. Guess what, basic PE also has 1 fucking troop type you retards.

I say, make a BAR Rifle, Sticky Rifle, and standard Rifle. Then Allies can have 3 different infantry types too!

I LOL'ed.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2011, 05:11:10 pm »

Have you used an HMG with AP rounds? I always have spare MU and it keeps things like Infantry HT's from zooming in. Maybe you should explore some options instead of just failguying all over the place and then whining about it?

Allies are fucking easy to play and win with.

Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:46 pm »

Right. It's just soooo simple. How could I have been sooooo dumb, to not realize that MG's were the solution to all my problems.

Silly axis fanbois.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 05:29:44 pm »

Between a BAR squad, .30cal HMG and an M18 you can counter and kill most things. Stop crying and learn to play.

So essentially, your telling the Allied players to quit whining and spam those three specific unit types?

The issue isn't that Allied players cant win, it's that it's becoming dull as fuck playing as them, a statement like that only reinforces that point.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »

Right. It's just soooo simple. How could I have been sooooo dumb, to not realize that MG's were the solution to all my problems.

Silly axis fanbois.
So essentially, your telling the Allied players to quit whining and spam those three specific unit types?

The issue isn't that Allied players cant win, it's that it's becoming dull as fuck playing as them, a statement like that only reinforces that point.

+1 for you two

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »

This is a pretty meaty article that I haven't read over completely. But I have to agree with the OP, though there are some intriguing weapons that we could do.

Also I think we should be more interested in adding more factions, I'd love it if EIRR got to the point of adding in Ruskies! Not sure what they could do for axis though. Then playing allies would have a huge variety!

Johnson LMG, upgrade to replace the .30 that the marines use, it would behave similar to the fg42.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_machine_gun

M3 Lee, I think it would be a great tank to have in the game, US would have this light vehicle. It would have a 75mm sherman gun, and a 37mm gun (the M8 gun) with I would guess hotchkiss armor? Not sure about the speed. But since the priest uses the M3 chasis, it wouldn't be too hard to redo the priest model and turn it into an M3.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Lee

De Lisle Carbine for CW, these used .45 cal rounds and were suppressed so you could base a whole unit around it, some kind of cloaked squad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:46:14 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 05:35:34 pm »

How is it more dull than PE? Same number of Infantry types. Similar number of vehicles. Support weapons. Etc.

If you don't like a Rifle centric game run Rangers or AB. Do LV spam with ATGs backing them in Armor, they can cap and kill.

It's not so different. All my Wehr companies use the same exact build short of doctrine units. Why? Because those builds work.

If you want variety, blame doctrines, not the units available. If Armor was hard pressed to fit a pile of infantry but could use a load of LV's and Shermans/TDs then it would be more unique and varied.

The current issue is that each company is more or less the same as far as how many of each unit you will take, give or take based on the resource advantages you choose. On top of that, by the time you get to Level 9 and a T4, you basically get a bonus to most of the units anyway, meaning you may as well pile in a ton of infantry in your Armor Company.

This issue goes for both sides.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2011, 06:11:02 pm »

The problem is the viability of these other builds. PE can quite easily do a PG heavy build, with just marders as support, or they can rely solely on shrecks for AT, and go full vehicles. Mixes work as well. Hell, my Luft company is Falls, Panthers, LGF for a manpower sink, and a stuka. Rangers are great, I have quite a few in my company, but rifles are still necessary for stickies. You can't rely on light vehicles unless you're a specific armor company build. Medium armor can't stand up to axis counterparts, not to mention axis AT is superior. US companies require a certain amount of units, regardless.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2011, 06:29:12 pm »

Every time I lose badly, its trying to make my U.S. company function in the same fashion as other faction's: mixed layouts. I can have plenty of success spamming BARs, ATGs, and m10s, but thats boring as fuck and easy to counter if you know what youre doing. So I toss MGs, mortars, howies, snipers, Grease Guns, flamers, LVs, jeeps, and anything else i can afford into most of my U.S. companies. I can do the same thing with my WM shite and do quite well with it, yet the americans just lack the bevy of units that do their job nearly as well as their axis counterparts.

Lets look at EiR vs vcoh: In vcoh, you could (in theory) ovverrun a WM player with a superior number of american units; that was how you palyed there. In EiR, you simply cant. The P4 will > the sherman most of the time. The WM mortar does more damage and has a longer range then the allied ones. The MG42 is by far the superior weapon. Units in EiR end up facing 1v1--so you cant have two rifles to his one volks unless you dedicate most/all of your population to it--he can just call some other unit in and wipe the floor with your rifles. It comes down to allied units losing 1v1 most of the time, and even if you can afford to have more then the enemy (lower costs means buy more, derp), he can still beat you because you have to send that larger number of troops at him peicemeil--if you could field your entire company at the same time, you could zerg the axis into submission--you simply cant atm. So you send rifle after rifle after his grens/whatever, hoping to wear him down. But its just a pain vs some of the builds the axis can put up.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »

The problem is the viability of these other builds. PE can quite easily do a PG heavy build, with just marders as support, or they can rely solely on shrecks for AT, and go full vehicles. Mixes work as well. Hell, my Luft company is Falls, Panthers, LGF for a manpower sink, and a stuka. Rangers are great, I have quite a few in my company, but rifles are still necessary for stickies. You can't rely on light vehicles unless you're a specific armor company build. Medium armor can't stand up to axis counterparts, not to mention axis AT is superior. US companies require a certain amount of units, regardless.

You do know that Allied Medium armor and TDs are better than the Axis medium armor and TDs right?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2011, 06:54:13 pm »

You do know that Allied Medium armor and TDs are better than the Axis medium armor and TDs right?

Depends on how you look at it.

unupgraded sherman, no docs vs an unupgraded p4 or stug will lose because p4's have a faster rof and stugs have dmg bonuses vs shermans.

Axis Tank destroyers generally have longer range and do more damage but unlike allied tank destroyers need to be supported by other AT or any allied tank can easily beat it in a micro battle.

you also know that panthers are considered a medium tank not a heavy. Its kind of a tank destroyer/medium tank hybrid but in real world classification, it's called a med tank.

then the thing is, once you get past medium tanks and tank destroyers (although you can pretty much call the king tiger, and jagdpanther tank destroyers but i digress) Axis heavies easily beat anything the allies can bring.

just a reminder in case u forget and try to play in doc abilities like you always do ampm, i'm talking vanilla units with no upgrades.

So to continue, once u get onto axis heavies, there's no allied vehicle that can stack tank to tank. Pershings are made to beat panthers in 1 v 1 battles but can't beat anything else, circle strafing not included.

So maybe the m18 and m10 are better solo jobs than axis tank destroyers when you class in the full range of tanks and tank destroyers, the axis factions win easily.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2011, 07:05:00 pm »

I was going to post a reply, but tym got that shit pretty well.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

Tym, in the real world a Pershing is a medium tank too, whats your point?

As far as super heavies like the KT and Jadg, I hear it's best to kill them with ATGs you know, from farther away than they can shoot, since they both EXCEL at AT work it's probably a bad idea to rush them with, you know, tanks.

You can take your Panther, I'll take a 57mm and an M18. Guess which one wins.

Unupgraded Sherman is better for AI than unupgraded P4. Upgraded 76mm Sherman wtf pwns the P4 and the STuG.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2011, 07:37:54 pm »

yea I gotta side with AMPM on this one...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2011, 07:42:42 pm »

And then my jagdpanther comes in then kills the m18 and 76mm sherman.

and then I lol

But this is all irrelevant.

Axis still more fun to play.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2011, 09:16:03 pm »

I dunno, I think that's based on my mood. Sometimes I want to play one way, sometimes I want to play another. I have a few level 9's on both sides. I like all of them except Defensive which I find a little boring.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2011, 09:37:59 pm »

How is it more dull than PE? Same number of Infantry types. Similar number of vehicles. Support weapons. Etc.

What are you talking about? They have G43 infantry, STG44 infantry and PzShreck infantry. US only have BAR  infantry. And if you go by number then PE has almost twice as many units.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »

Those squads are all THE SAME OTHER THAN THEIR WEAPONS. They are not unique and beautiful units. It's like if you made Grenadiers with LMG and Schrek separate units and called it more variety.

The only thing I could think of adding to Allies would be 2x BAR for Rangers, Garands for AB and the removal of AB Rifles, and the .30cal LMG for Rifles just for lolz.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2011, 09:43:36 pm »

Except STG, G43, and Shreck PG's are all used differently. Standard rifles are used the same as bar rifles are used the same as nade rifles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc