Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 07:29:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R ship abandoned?  (Read 21223 times)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »

I don't think thats accurate.

Sure Stomps happen, sometimes there just isn't anyone online. Yes friends like to play together, but thats not a Stomp.

If you take Leophone, 8th Rifle and... Malgoroth thats not a stomp, it's the three stooges who might win through communication.
You take 3-4 B Rated players who communicate, they can beat the same number of A-Rated players through teamwork.

Stacks and Stomps used to be exactly that, stacks and stomps. Nowadays as soon as someone sees a game with 1 team filled and the other empty they call Stomp. So instead of doing the appropriate thing finding a team, they sit in the launcher for 4 hours talking about the latest noob bashing, stomp trashing, vet whoring spectacle because some new guys just wanted a game.

So instead of manning up and jumping into that match, you've now reinforced the belief that stomps are 97% of all games because some new guy with more balls then you took the spot.

Call me when your testicles drop.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 02:40:17 pm »

time for CG games !

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2011, 02:43:30 pm »

Imagine Hitler and Stalin ever become friends and decide to invade Luxembourg, and because they are friends, its ok, like its totally not unfavorable to Luxembourg.

Do you see any logic in that?

By definition a stack would be a situation were it is unfavorable for 1 side.

Therefore if Nub 1, Nub 2. and Nub 3 go against 8th and malgoroth its still a stack.

Just because there friends doesn't mean anything.

And no im not saying Malgaroth and 8th's game skill levels are as high as the leadership of Stalin and Hitler.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2011, 02:49:04 pm »

Imagine Hitler and Stalin ever become friends and decide to invade Luxembourg, and because they are friends, its ok, like its totally not unfavorable to Luxembourg.

Do you see any logic in that?

By definition a stack would be a situation were it is unfavorable for 1 side.

Therefore if Nub 1, Nub 2. and Nub 3 go against 8th and malgoroth its still a stack.

Just because there friends doesn't mean anything.

And no im not saying Malgaroth and 8th's game skill levels are as high as the leadership of Stalin and Hitler.
I guess thats where the difference between a stack and a stomp comes in.

A stack is just as you've described it, but a stomp is intentional purely for better odds (rather than playing with good skill mates)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2011, 03:13:46 pm »

Well thats true >.<
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2011, 03:19:44 pm »

I always thought a stack was just 3 good players playing together. There's nothing wrong with a stack, you can get some good stack battles if 2 stacks face off. Whereas a stomp is 3 good players against noobs and that is dirty. Seems pretty clearly cut.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »

Yeah but everyone calls everything a Stomp. Even before a match is played out. How many matches can every persn recall where they though they'd lose and ended up winning against strong odds.

I remember a Battle in the Campaign we ran where Myst and friend got crushed by Herrklik and friend(I think those were the parties)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2011, 12:39:06 am »

Whereas a stomp is 3 good players against noobs and that is dirty. Seems pretty clearly cut.
thats what i want to say. plus rahx said in the past there was better comunity. maybe, i dunno, i am kinda new here but atm its so sad when u see 1 full axis and 1 full allied teams filled with a good players and waiting. they dont want to play against each other. ofc sometimes we see counter stacks but its a rare thing. only few good players who dont give a shit with who or against who they r playing but most "pros" r waiting for easy games. something went wrong in EIR:R and we reached a point when its hard to get games. EIRRMod should hire a psichologist who must be in game lobby and convince players play not just sit and wait for a moment to get a game where they can feel like a gods killing new guys
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:49:17 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2011, 12:42:29 am »

+1 Brn for telling it like it is

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2011, 01:20:54 am »

Yeah but everyone calls everything a Stomp. Even before a match is played out. How many matches can every persn recall where they though they'd lose and ended up winning against strong odds.

I remember a Battle in the Campaign we ran where Myst and friend got crushed by Herrklik and friend(I think those were the parties)

Yeah, i just had tym go off on a rant dodging rifle and i saying that we only run complimentary counter companies and are loaded up with 30+ vet 3 units.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 02:36:06 am »

most of the best games ive played is when there was 3 axis/allies in a battle just waiting, then i go into vent or someone finds me in vent and is like "hey if you and so and so join up were can have a pretty good counter stack!" then bammo! a game played to the last man, sometimes its a win, sometimes it's a loss, but it's always a good back and forth game.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 02:40:58 am »

most of the best games ive played is when there was 3 axis/allies in a battle just waiting, then i go into vent or someone finds me in vent and is like "hey if you and so and so join up were can have a pretty good counter stack!" then bammo! a game played to the last man, sometimes its a win, sometimes it's a loss, but it's always a good back and forth game.

if u get 3 good counterstack guys tbh

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 03:57:56 am »

Haha guilty as charged. We got ezmode attritioned by them
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 06:14:35 am »

Sure Stomps happen, sometimes there just isn't anyone online. Yes friends like to play together, but thats not a Stomp.

If you take Leophone, 8th Rifle and... Malgoroth thats not a stomp, it's the three stooges who might win through communication.
You take 3-4 B Rated players who communicate, they can beat the same number of A-Rated players through teamwork.

Stacks and Stomps used to be exactly that, stacks and stomps. Nowadays as soon as someone sees a game with 1 team filled and the other empty they call Stomp. So instead of doing the appropriate thing finding a team, they sit in the launcher for 4 hours talking about the latest noob bashing, stomp trashing, vet whoring spectacle because some new guys just wanted a game.

So instead of manning up and jumping into that match, you've now reinforced the belief that stomps are 97% of all games because some new guy with more balls then you took the spot.

Call me when your testicles drop.

+1

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 10:54:19 am »

People call me a stomper when I prefer to play with a friend Grin Either Smurf or Morka in most cases that is!

But, you know, I don't care if they do. If they happen to join it they are already demoralized and their combat effectiveness is already weaker than if they are completely focused and motivated. If your mind is already set on defeat- guess what? You already lost. Like I like to say: You can't always win, but you can always lose.

I do admit that some games are boring when they are less than 20 mins with one saying "omg lol stomperspammerroflhopeyouliekurcheapwin gg" where they simply quit fighting if the first engagements go to hell and they are completely smashed.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2011, 01:38:44 pm »

People call me a stomper when I prefer to play with a friend Grin Either Smurf or Morka in most cases that is!

But, you know, I don't care if they do. If they happen to join it they are already demoralized and their combat effectiveness is already weaker than if they are completely focused and motivated. If your mind is already set on defeat- guess what? You already lost. Like I like to say: You can't always win, but you can always lose.

I do admit that some games are boring when they are less than 20 mins with one saying "omg lol stomperspammerroflhopeyouliekurcheapwin gg" where they simply quit fighting if the first engagements go to hell and they are completely smashed.

That happens quite often actually.  But we wait for people that DO have a set team together, who have mics and either are friends or know enough about each other too play...just cuz a win is fast doesnt mean its a stomp...right?  Or is it a stomp if you fight good players and they still lose fast? 

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2011, 08:13:33 am »

is it coming in this way?
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=21328.0
StrangePants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2011, 08:16:00 am »

I think someone is just looking for attention.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2011, 11:13:59 am »

what i said month ago is going true now, eirr dies

if it is a lack of allies or the broken shit on each side that let players avoide eirr, idk

but, eirr will hopefully be alive again if the warmap is released and the balance is done ( probaply half a year later )

hf

Nah, EIRR goes in cycles. We all get bored of the same game over and over (which is all EIRR is, I haven't payed a game that I was interested in in a long time) and we play other things instead. The community is very active in HoN, BB, Shogun 2, etc currently.  Its the way it is.

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2011, 11:43:43 am »

lets hope after warmap that cycle will turn to eir side
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc