Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:07:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Return to First Aid!  (Read 5080 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: September 28, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »

Well I made the bold move of going back to first aid with top/mid T3.

I have to say I am liking this new version of first aid! With the top/mid T3 its pretty viable. On rangers it's a life saver, actually being able to revive your guys is great, and now that it costs MP, it make much more sense to grab them for your men. Though I am debating if it truly is worth its T2 spot, I think it would be great if it got moved with triage at T1, if that turned out to be too much, move triage with it to T2, this would also allow infantry to get some other unlock as well. Either way I'm glad that this finally is usable!

Only suggestions I have are:

Maybe lower price by 5mp for all units. At the very least lower engs to 5mp, the chances of being able to revive an eng is pretty low.

If possible, make it so downed members stick around a little bit longer, maybe 15-30 seconds longer, I am not sure if that's even possible though.

Make it so you can get these for support weapons, holllllly shit, if that's even possible it would be very cool! Once again, probably not possible.

Can I buy these for my marines, pretty please?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:21:00 pm »

I don't agree with a price decrease. They are at a good price for getting a 6th of the squad back with a risk.

Making casualties last longer is possible, but would affect all casualties. Not sure if I agree though.

Support weapons first aid would proboly have to work different to be viable, and when its viable it might come at a high(ish) price. For example infantry squads have to run to the injured man before hes picked back up. A 57mm that has to turn and go to his injured man would be derp and not useful in combat. A 57mm that all you do is press a button and the man picks himself back up would be OP. But then again you can vary in some things with it to stabilize balance.

Marines with First Aid sounds alright.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:24:53 pm »

Well I made the bold move of going back to first aid with top/mid T3.

I have to say I am liking this new version of first aid! With the top/mid T3 its pretty viable. On rangers it's a life saver, actually being able to revive your guys is great, and now that it costs MP, it make much more sense to grab them for your men. Though I am debating if it truly is worth its T2 spot, I think it would be great if it got moved with triage at T1, if that turned out to be too much, move triage with it to T2, this would also allow infantry to get some other unlock as well. Either way I'm glad that this finally is usable!

Only suggestions I have are:

Maybe lower price by 5mp for all units. At the very least lower engs to 5mp, the chances of being able to revive an eng is pretty low.

If possible, make it so downed members stick around a little bit longer, maybe 15-30 seconds longer, I am not sure if that's even possible though.

Make it so you can get these for support weapons, holllllly shit, if that's even possible it would be very cool! Once again, probably not possible.

Can I buy these for my marines, pretty please?

The only thing I agree with is being able to buy it on support weapons but even then...its a little fucked up.  Your atg has two guys ok cool let me just pop 1st aid...ok my support weapons are getting sniped let me pop first aid and the sniper cant hit me....ohh my mortar is getting mortared, i need another guy let me just pop first aid really quick, ohhh shit my mg is suppressed by stug mg, let me just pop first aid really quick.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:26:27 pm »

The smoke doesnt break suppression or last long enough to act as mortar smoke in the event youre trying to abuse it to flank an MG. Beleive me, when 16 of my 20 rifles were vet3 I tried, it doesnt work.

Give it to MGs and Mortars. ATGs; just recrew that shite. For them, maybe a purchasable 4th man?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:37 pm »

The smoke doesnt break suppression or last long enough to act as mortar smoke in the event youre trying to abuse it to flank an MG. Beleive me, when 16 of my 20 rifles were vet3 I tried, it doesnt work.

Give it to MGs and Mortars. ATGs; just recrew that shite. For them, maybe a purchasable 4th man?

I never said it broke suppresion, I run with first aid.... i know.  BUT, what im saying is that the smoke DOES act as a buffer(meaning other shit wont hit you) to alot of things, which would be overpowered on EVERY SINGLE UNIT you can buy. 

But hey, I would take it though if it was available Smiley
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:43:12 pm by MorkaandBorka » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 02:40:04 am »

The only thing I agree with is being able to buy it on support weapons but even then...its a little fucked up.  Your atg has two guys ok cool let me just pop 1st aid...ok my support weapons are getting sniped let me pop first aid and the sniper cant hit me....ohh my mortar is getting mortared, i need another guy let me just pop first aid really quick, ohhh shit my mg is suppressed by stug mg, let me just pop first aid really quick.

you cant use first aid on a guy that get's sniped. for support weapons it would be useful if there are grens coming, and you start backing up your atg, you have rifles on the way, the grens kill one atg guy by the time your rifles scare them off, then you'd use it. but as said using it on support weapons would be pretty clunky so im not 100% with the idea anymore.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 11:12:12 am »

...But you CAN use it on a guy that gets sniped....I use it all the time for that.  I dont know if thats supposed to happen...I shouldnt be saying this. 
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:26 am »

I assume it would depend on if the Sniper is making the guy dead or wounded... I'd have to check the RGD's to see if there's a percentage chance for Snipers to make victims wounded instead of dead. If that's the case it's fair enough... If not, then that's a solid bug.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 12:28:12 pm »

I assume it would depend on if the Sniper is making the guy dead or wounded... I'd have to check the RGD's to see if there's a percentage chance for Snipers to make victims wounded instead of dead. If that's the case it's fair enough... If not, then that's a solid bug.

Hicks shut the fuck up, please.  Delete this now and im going to delete mine please its not a bug fuck fuck fuck
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 12:31:21 pm »

Since you approached me in such a sincere and polite manner, I shall have to inform you that there will be no chance.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:31:46 pm »

Snipers are 90% kill and 10% casualty from what I remember. Thats why Snipers are a Zombie Gren counter in vCoH

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »

Since you approached me in such a sincere and polite manner, I shall have to inform you that there will be no chance.

lol, just lol
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 07:56:11 pm »

Assuming that the health crit level used is obtained by the engine after damage is dealt, it is 80% of dead and 20% chance of casualty. If it is obtained before, it is always death for the soldier.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 03:51:50 pm »

Alright, I'm finally getting ready to stop using this ability.

After extensive use here is what I have to say:

In general its quite useful, getting a mans back is good! When you press the button to use it smoke goes up which helps a lot, but make sure you are over your heal target when you do that so that you aren't 5 feet away and pop the smoke. Also when using this, only use it on AI infantry, no point in using it on zooka rangers or rifles because you're attacking tanks which will gib your men, which means you can't use the first aid.

Top T3:
Gives you an extra use, is pretty great especially if you play defensively. But in reality this T3 rules because of the other abilities that go with it.

Mid T3:
It's pretty great, especially on rangers! I feel the best way to use it is with the middle T3, smoke + extra -15% received accuracy makes it less of a liability, plus you get an initial -10% incoming accuracy from the T3 either way.

Bottom T3:
Is cool because you get -10 cool down on your uses, so if more than one guy gets hit, you actually can revive both of them, plus you run while using it.

If you are using BARs I suggest top and bottom T3s when using it. Triple BARs, plus extra use and faster uses means your rifles will stick around for some time!

With Rangers make sure you get the middle T3 because it gives your rangers extra health, top T3 means extra thompson, but bottom T3 means better accuracy on the move.

Hope this was helpful to people interested in using this unique T2. Although I feel medic bunker should be moved in with this T2 and something should replace the medic bunker for a T1.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 04:43:30 pm »

Hope this was helpful to people interested in using this unique T2. Although I feel medic bunker should be moved in with this T2 and something should replace the medic bunker for a T1.

+1
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:52:31 am »

+1

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc