Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 02:31:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My AB draft  (Read 12262 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 11:23:23 am »

Airborne are tricky.

Basically, do like so.

Top tree buffs AB AT options

Mid buffs AB AI options

Bottom is utility things, medic, offmaps, etc.

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 11:24:15 am »

THEY actually stop throwing grenades unlike assault.

Since when?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 11:24:32 am »

hmmm, last time I used AW, It stopped after one salvo....sooo I dont know?

A day ago?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 11:57:48 am »

Could it be that if the entire salvo doesn't get thrown (IE, only one or two throw it) then the squad will continue to run after the target and try again until all guys throw their grenades at once?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 11:59:54 am »

watch tim's replay,even zooks dont stop after 1 salvo.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 12:37:19 pm »

Assault abilities work like this.

If the full ability connects with the target, say for example 2 salvos, then it will stop. (You'll probably be dead anyway but it will stop)

If you run away from the ability, and it doesn't actually hit you, it will keep going on until either squad is dead.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:29 pm »

I like deadbolts draft..  Cause what AB has now sucks..
Any Infantry doc could use some changes too (but later) All of the allies docs are pretty weak compared to the axis and PE counterparts.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »

Even though he probably is trolling with this thread, he does bring up a good point. The new airborne is horrible. I think you guys got so afraid of making it over powered, that instead you actually made it under powered. I like his draft although some of those abilities/teir 4's are too good and would need to be tweaked. I also think airborne have to many bottom unlocks that are pretty much required if you want to use any of your doctrine buffs. You need to combine airborne/with airborne rifles, and support weapons with the airborne sniper. Right now for most of you buffs to work you need to have three unlocks of units and that is just no good.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 02:34:33 pm »

Even though he probably is trolling with this thread, he does bring up a good point. The new airborne is horrible. I think you guys got so afraid of making it over powered, that instead you actually made it under powered. I like his draft although some of those abilities/teir 4's are too good and would need to be tweaked. I also think airborne have to many bottom unlocks that are pretty much required if you want to use any of your doctrine buffs. You need to combine airborne/with airborne rifles, and support weapons with the airborne sniper. Right now for most of you buffs to work you need to have three unlocks of units and that is just no good.

thats a good point tbh.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 03:50:29 pm »

AB - Pathfinders - AB Support weapons - Medics. That's 7 (!) unlock points spent on units. Something has to be done about this indeed

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »

the current AB is fine gtfo

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 04:07:38 pm »

the current AB is fine gtfo
I thought you were going to proof they are OP.

Your post has little credibility to it until you do.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »

i physically dont have the time to lvl my company to 7 to show you in a span of 1 day.

Infact, i shouldnt need to, open your eyes at the doctrine. smokaz would be disappointed with yall ignorance.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »

AB - Pathfinders - AB Support weapons - Medics. That's 7 (!) unlock points spent on units. Something has to be done about this indeed
Its a good point.

Most drafts had a ruling (by me, sometimes ignore/not known) that a doctrine was NOT to rely on unlocked units or abilities, but if there were unlocks, then it could buff them too.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 07:33:54 pm »

The current draft is really quite good as it is. I'm also not sure if our coders are gonna appreciate the thought of wanting to code in another AB doctrine straight after they currently did this one, though this doctrine has its merits. This doc looks heaps OP on paper, but maybe that's just me having not played in a while!

Mid t4 has 4 man, cloaking in heavy cover elite armour support squads with a bar.. I see what you did there Grin.

This is actually a really, really good doctrine. AI canisters worry me a bit though, sounds OP in all terms.
Still, dual t3's leave you with riflemen with +10% dmg, 4 man engies with 2 flamers, 4 man support weapons and rifleman/engy sprint. Seems a bit much to me :p. Rifleman/engy sprint should be removed. You don't  even need to replace it, but if you were going to, replace it with smoke activation on fire up.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 12:18:49 am »

look at luft?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 12:29:20 am »

Its a good point.

Most drafts had a ruling (by me, sometimes ignore/not known) that a doctrine was NOT to rely on unlocked units or abilities, but if there were unlocks, then it could buff them too.

But it would be nice if they COULD be relied on, so its not so much as better, but different. (i know the amount of balancing that would take would be, well maybe in 2 years Tongue)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 10:10:30 am »

Hey nice sig Smurf  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 10:23:07 am »

Lulz at red smoke on dropping, dont you want to drop into his forces as close as possible since... carbines and most american weapons are better at close range... when i see red offmap smoke.. i tend to run away from it. and the farther away you are from that airbourne sqaud when you start shooting at it, the better

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2011, 10:46:32 am »

Yeah that will really fool someone.

Offmap smoke being dropped in the middle of no where with no possibility of hitting anything?

That will fool a comatose person, but not me, I know there's AB dropping.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc