Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:19:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coh2  (Read 23775 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2011, 02:28:34 pm »

didn't mean it was funny, meant they were there and no one really noticed. It seems the only time anyone remembers the canadians were in the war is when they mention it on the history or military channel

I think thats because you live in AMERICA dumbass.

Although isn't the proper place to talk about ww2 would be the history channel or the military channel? I mean what are you watching, better homes and ghettoes?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:31:33 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2011, 02:39:22 pm »

Pacific doesn't work well for an RTS. Bushes and vegetation everywhere and not really any units to choose from (or any real tank combat at all).

North Africa wouldn't really fit the CoH gameplay and you'd get tired of desert maps. As an expansion it would be nice but not as the main game.

A Modern scenario is not very likely since CoH is a WW2 centered game. Call of Duty did that jump but that was after a lot of games and the WW2 perspective was probably getting a bit old.

My guess is Eastern front or Italian front or earlier in the war like maybe the invasion of France.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

Still think modern combat is the way to go tbh.

To my knowledge, there still isn't a decent modern combat RTS worth investing any degree of time into.

An updated CoH engine going for modern combat would work quite well tbh. The only issue I could think of is getting aircraft into the game properly, as both Helicopters and Jets are a big part of modern combat. Hell, anti-aircraft might become an important aspect of it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 03:52:37 pm »

The only issue I could think of is getting aircraft into the game properly

not rly,just make it like in coh,so you call air strikes etc. plane flies and drops bombs...
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2011, 04:01:08 pm »

not rly,just make it like in coh,so you call air strikes etc. plane flies and drops bombs...

That really is what they are for, i mean dogfights don't really happen anymore.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »

I agree, Eastern front game play would be best, would be an interesting campaign too since the russians were on the run and then turned the tide, makes for an interesting story setting.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2011, 04:06:56 pm »

Jets tend to do airstrikes or rapid air control, but Helo's will remain on station until either fuel or ammo is dry or a priority target comes up. Meaning Helo's could very well make for a controllable unit.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2011, 04:49:44 pm »

for the eastern front its so fucking boring

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2011, 09:50:34 pm »

That really is what they are for, i mean dogfights don't really happen anymore.

Vietnam: LOL Phantoms dont need guns, nobody dogfights anymore  Roll Eyes.

*2.5-1 Kill/Loss ratio in combat*

Embarrassed

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2011, 10:10:34 pm »

Depends what perspective you look at it from.

By dogfighting, he may just mean fighting plane vs plane in general. Which does indeed happen very little nowdays with the insurgencies.

BUT if a big conventional war between two prosperous nations really does happen in modern times, dogfights(plane vs plane) would indeed be a big part.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:22 pm »

Vietnam: LOL Phantoms dont need guns, nobody dogfights anymore  Roll Eyes.

*2.5-1 Kill/Loss ratio in combat*

Embarrassed

We were talking about MODERN combat.

And as it stands a modern 'dogfight' usually comes down to who has the better missiles and flares as decided before pilots even see each other.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2011, 02:26:17 am »

That's still Air combat, and that form of Air combat has occurred in every modern engagement in which the combatants have had an Airforce.

It may not last long, and it may be 1 sided but it has existed.

Nations thought that with the advent of Jet propulsion everyone would be moving to fast to engage. but both Korea and Vietnam demonstrated the opposite. That's why Nations picked up Fighter Pilot schools again.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2011, 05:06:44 am »

What about the korean war?

Varied terrain, lots of different units.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2011, 08:44:42 am »

Also, if fighter pilots manage to use up their Air to Air missle supply, it then becomes a ye-olde dogfight to determine the victors.

Except it's the craziest fucking dogfights you'll ever see because of the ridiculously tight manoeuvres that current day Jets can pull off.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »

What about the korean war?

Varied terrain, lots of different units.

could be interesting and never been done but who wants to fight a war that ends in a stalemate?
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2011, 04:01:08 pm »

Technically the war never ended. You really need a history lesson.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2011, 04:37:54 pm »

Yea its funny how mad they are at eachother, you would think they would settle their diffrences and try to work together but nope, north wont work with the south and the south are quite mad at the north due to constant harrassment by the Them.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2011, 06:18:30 pm »

Yea its funny how mad they are at eachother, you would think they would settle their diffrences and try to work together but nope, north wont work with the south and the south are quite mad at the north due to constant harrassment by the Them.

Sounds like the U.S.A

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »

Technically the war never ended. You really need a history lesson.

oh no shit smart ass! I said a stalemate, that doesn't mean it ended. did i say cease fire? no, do u know what a stalemate is? its when two sides are fighting at they come to even blows with one not moving in on the other but they're still fighting!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stalemate

2. any position or situation in which no action can be taken or progress made; deadlock:

or

2. a situation in which two opposing forces find that further action is impossible or futile; deadlock

you need to learn ur engrish
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2011, 09:53:05 pm »

You both are dumbasses. The Korean war ended when the Korean Armistice Agreement was signed (July 27th, 1957). Hence the DMZ is now occupied by the NNSC to 'keep the peace'.

While the armistice is not peace, it still is an end to war.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc