Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:37:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stickies vs faust?  (Read 10306 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 10:22:12 am »

I've actually never seen a sticky not do a engine damage after the so called 'change' I'm suspicious of its working.

actually had it happen last week, skirted p4, i thought simply a grenade had gone off until i saw the allied player say something in chat.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:05 am »

actually had it happen last week, skirted p4, i thought simply a grenade had gone off until i saw the allied player say something in chat.

So basically you got stickied without seeing it and got away with it. Imo it shouldnt be like this, this mechanic makes up for poor micro the way I see it. If you get stickied its your own fault and good job by the US player.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:39 am »

Alright. So despite the change stickies still destroy engines no matter what and it is only a rare occasion that this happens.

If faust was sticky range- I would want that faust to destroy engines same as sticky or at least deal as much damage as 88 shot or smth to actually punish those who get close.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:51 am »

whenever somebody makes a post, no matter what it is about(mostly about balance) , a part of the comminuty picks it up and completely overexaggerates this allegedly problem. ppl make problems where no problems are. i call this phenomenon EiRSyndrom.

and no skaffa, vet2 stickies are sometimes very, very hard to kite.

Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 10:43:20 am »

Sticky uses are easily erased. If they beginning throwing a sticky and you move out of range and they decide oh hey let's not get my unit obliterated then that use of sticky is completely gone with absolutely no effect.

with Faust range this just hardly ever happens.

Stickies are useful against targets that try to swarm your atg.
That is not what fausts are for. Fausts do a lot of damage especially to light vehicles and as I see them are extremely good at forcing M8s and even M10s/M18s away when they get near.
The role of covering you from a tank swarming up on a flank is for paks. A cloaked pak with their high ROF can very effectively deal with a tank running around your flank.
Once it gets decently close shoot it and you'll get several shots in before it can leave your firing arc.

For sticky changes making the sticky windup shorter and dropping the price to 50 or 45 would be a good plan in my opinion.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 10:47:21 am »

And I think they should be left be, as they are the best thrown at around...
Seriously, fausts may do well against lightly armored targets but 1 sticky can cripple a tiger

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 02:20:36 pm »

Is there any reason that stickies are competely and utterly useless?. so i build this company composing only of stickies for my tank reapers stickies atg zooks the whole shabang. i killed 2 pumas with stickies. i even tried as many people said Hitting the heavy tank with it. a vet 2 tiger ace and a vet 1 KT i tried numerous times coming from the flank doing the half track thingy. its retarded that stickise are 70% not cost effective. sure vet 2 stickies are great but what axis is dumb enough to charge a vet 2 and not think wait stickies.

Faust dont do much critical and damage it seems, they do have a longer range and since allies have weaker armor it serves them well with a superior range and faust in mass do quite a decent amount of damage

to answer you:

stickies are a supporting disabler, not a direct AT. It discourages circling of atgs when present and the range at vet 2 is pretty beast when you consider the reprecussions for having a expensive tank take engine damage in 1 hit.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

Sticky uses are easily erased. If they beginning throwing a sticky and you move out of range and they decide oh hey let's not get my unit obliterated then that use of sticky is completely gone with absolutely no effect.

with Faust range this just hardly ever happens.

Stickies are useful against targets that try to swarm your atg.

That is not what fausts are for. Fausts do a lot of damage especially to light vehicles and as I see them are extremely good at forcing M8s and even M10s/M18s away when they get near.

The role of covering you from a tank swarming up on a flank is for paks. A cloaked pak with their high ROF can very effectively deal with a tank running around your flank.

Once it gets decently close shoot it and you'll get several shots in before it can leave your firing arc.

For sticky changes making the sticky windup shorter and dropping the price to 50 or 45 would be a good plan in my opinion.

ya its kind of annoying. so i have them run up and then throw. nothing like having a target in sight and in range then for some reason the guy in back wants to throw the sticky. so wind up.... tiger moves and no throw then squad gets gibbed. i find stickies to only be good for vet 2.

couldnt faust be thought of as the same role of a sticky as well as  offense? Faust holders can be seen as defensive and offensive. Whether protecting a tank or pak or rushing a tank or atg. faust have an advantage for both.

not to mention i think people are over dramatizing how useful stickies can be for defending ATGs. Majority of times its the LVs or pumas that come in pairs to circle an atg. 1 inf of sticky or even 2 cant do much to them. 2 damaged engine can still just circle and kill crew and inf before destroying them. If anything zooks or RR are better for ATG protection.

But stickies can be thrown through buildings and hedges so...

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:48:18 am by Poppi » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 02:42:21 pm »

whenever somebody makes a post, no matter what it is about(mostly about balance) , a part of the comminuty picks it up and completely overexaggerates this allegedly problem. ppl make problems where no problems are. i call this phenomenon EiRSyndrom.

Actually its just part of the human condition.

If something is supposed to happen 99% of the time and we see that 1 percent we remember it more then the 99% and tend to blow it out of proportion

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:58 pm »

i Honestly havent seen many people Succesfully stickie at vet0. Smokaz has a point vet 2 is where its at, but why should a disabler only be good at vet 2. Vet is to improve upon something that was already good or decent to begin with. i see no use in stickies at vet0. and yes u can throw them through building but max range of a stickie thats barely the house so the tank has to be directly on the other side.

As for the faust they can play a defensive and offensive role those things protect from circlers more then stickies due to the range on them.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 03:17:59 pm »

what do you think that single faust will do? will it help to protect pak from circling,tank,no it wont...it will do some dmg,but tank will still kill pak,and then volks that were unfortunate to be around.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 03:23:28 pm »

Stickies are offensive... if you have stickies any tank with resonable micro will back the fuck away, leaving you room...

They are good for that reason alone
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 03:27:50 pm »

ATG's defend your infartry from tanks and vehicles, Infartry and tanks defend your ATG's from infartry.
Stop taking units as lone enteties, they are not and will fail if you do so.

Support units in their very nature are Hard hitting but vurnerable

Tell me how i am soupposed to 1 stickie force a tank back? till it eventually kites it to death and what i lose 60 Munis on gaining a bit of ground. then what i move up my forces and we are in the same situation. only without a stickie
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 03:29:16 pm »

You move the infantry up towards the tank, it backs away, the entire time your ATG is hitting it. The tank either leaves, or dies. How is this hard?

Or more simply...L2P

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 03:31:26 pm »

The low HP per man on riflemen means that, assuming the tard' at the end of the squad decides to throw the sticky instead of the guy standing right next to the flipping tank, that Sticky Bomb Larry ends up biting it and passing off the animation off to BAR Man Bobby, who gets gibbed into 1000 tasty RifleBits and in turn lets Bazooka Joe take a crack at it.

Stickies are also more of a "LOL, SURPRISE" weapon; that 1 out of 100 rifles that you had charging towards you, you backed away, but eventually figured that they didn't have a sticky. Then that one, ONE squad you decide to ignore happens to have one.

Anywho, they aren't direct line AT as was stated. However, requiring vet to make stickies useful? And 60mu for something that in all likelyhood will get your squad killed or cut in two? In vCoH they had a place as early game delaying AT so that you could tech to whatever the fuck you wanted to tech to, but in a state of constant T4 they don't have mainline use (being early/mid-game AT).

IMHO the suggested changes that ?Riki made on page 2 are good ones. At the very least, drop them by 10-20 MU in price.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »

Look at vet 2 for other inf and then complain. The range bonus is significant.

+15% accuracy for my vet 2 pios and grens? Wheres my second bonus for grens? Oh shit!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:34:57 pm by Smokaz » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 03:39:26 pm »

You move the infantry up towards the tank, it backs away, the entire time your ATG is hitting it. The tank either leaves, or dies. How is this hard?

Or more simply...L2P

I move my infatry up  and how is my atg hitting it the entire time? if its backing up i can manage 2 shots without it zooming out of range maybe 3 sure its a repair kit and pop but those 3 shots is enough for 60 munie stickies to get killed by what the tank and or as i said  A LV to take it out.

L2p is a insult, what have i done to insult you?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 04:33:18 pm »

Or more simply...L2P

Or just accept a hit from the atg, take the sticky get behind the atg kill it sticky goes off kill infantry. Other axis tanks arrive, destroy atgs and profit.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 06:47:54 pm »

Not really, if you assume you have backup for your tank, then lets pile in the backup for said ATG + Sticky combo, like an Upgun Sherman/M18 and some BARs. Done and done.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 06:50:30 pm »

Schreks storms and p4 done and done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc