Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:02:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthshaker or Airburst?  (Read 7103 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: January 18, 2012, 01:10:18 am »

What's better? What can you tell me about them, I'm very very noobish with RCA, creeping barrage doesnt seem worth it if i only have a single priest and a single 25 pounder.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 01:51:22 am »

Both  Grin

Airburst slaughters any soft targets and looks really nice... earthshaker takes longer to drop but well, lots and lots of explosions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:53:26 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:13:08 am »

Yesterday i looked at the Royal Canadian Artellery Support and i thought about a Artellery Spam Company.

Earth Shaker + Airburst + FOO Artellery + 25 pounder.  Cool

9th Armoured Engineers
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 05:15:43 am »

4x 25Pdrs all with Creeping barrages. Start with 3x 25Pdrs in a 4v4 and watch the carnage and laugh

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 05:21:41 am »

4x 25Pdrs all with Creeping barrages. Start with 3x 25Pdrs in a 4v4 and watch the carnage and laugh

Yeah, and then only at the cooldown your able to support your team. After a while you get unlucky and only one Sturmtruppen Squad with Panzerschrecks
will destroy all the emplacements.

But three times the creeping barrage should be awesome!  Grin
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 05:27:16 am »

Yeah, and then only at the cooldown your able to support your team. After a while you get unlucky and only one Sturmtruppen Squad with Panzerschrecks
will destroy all the emplacements.

But three times the creeping barrage should be awesome!  Grin

300 manpower and 300+ munitions wasted for at max 2 Emplacements depending on their placing. If that happens, the storms ain't gonna escape. If I recall correctly 350 manpower 80 mun and 120 fuel x(the ammount of lost 25Pdrs). I'veh ad that happen. Caught several stormsquads and annihiliated them. (Hi Herrklik).
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:41:03 am »

But you lose nearly the most main support units in your company which your go for. (Espacially all the PP and doctrinal unlocks for the 25 pounder)
It's more than just ressources for the howitzer.

So let it be. - That was not the question and let's return to topic.  Smiley
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:59:43 am »

naaah  mate  cant  do ,  now  its  the time to  talk  bout doubleshreck stormtroopers OP/UP stuff
for  another  4 or 5 pages, than   the  thread  gets locked,  this is  how  we roll  bro ! Roll Eyes

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 06:01:24 am »

naaah  mate  cant  do ,  now  its  the time to  talk  bout doubleshreck stormtroopers OP/UP stuff
for  another  4 or 5 pages, than   the  thread  gets locked,  this is  how  we roll  bro ! Roll Eyes

That's why i said let's return back to topic!  Smiley
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:27:33 am »

Stormshrecks would be OP... if not for the fact that they are 300 muni
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:38 am »

2 squads of them,which you do have is 1/4 of your muni,which can go puff very fast if you are not careful or you just have bad luck vs arty.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 03:20:37 pm »

Back to OP...

AB rapes anything infantry and does some damage to light vehicles. If it's in a house, forget it, won't do anything, no suppression

Earth Shaker suppresses even if it doesn't hit head on, is highly random over a wide area, sometimes you're just as likely to hit yourself but it's much like a V1, EVERYTHING run from an Earth Shaker

main issue i have with it is the double red smoke makes it obvious what it is, no other off map has that other than incoming sounds.

Going with both is pretty epic but also can be costly in SP's as i think earthshaker is 9sp for a 2nd and airburst is 6sp, basically you'd have to buy SP every game you play.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 03:36:42 pm »

1.Is it able to play a good RCA support company without having a onmap artellery? I don't like the fact having
a howitzer onmap which costs pop and can only shot a barrage on cooldown. After the first barage your
enemie know where it is and until this time you're in danger to lose it.

2.Which doctrinal tree is good?
Until yet i had only played with the US armour doctrin i there we're al doctrinal trees really special and useful, but at the RCA it seems
that the're all come with cool buffs, but no special things where i would say "This is a must have!".
In my opinion a double T3 ( upper+middle) could be cool, because there are a lot of buffs for a high ammount of units. Espacially the
Smoke Support (upper T1) is really useful for the team.

I don't want to spam artellery (I would like it...  Grin) but i want to support my mates which other things (Smoke Barrage, Lit Up! and also artellery or
just a Sherman Firefly for AT support).
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »

Ironically, a lot of RCA players spam Cromwells. As far as support goes, the 6pdr cloaks in cover(no ambush modifiers) the Vickers HMG is very nice and even the 2in shit for range mortar does a number against the axis.

You don't need artillery but it helps, if you've got spare selections in your unlock table and are not convinced by the units then off maps are the way to go.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:14 pm »

I just want to have the arty for breaking through player which sitting with their butts in trenches with a 88 next to them. Provide with LitUp a negativ
Cover, airburst for Antiinfantry support, smoke barrage for massive cover while the attacking begins and a firefly which support
the mates. I want the RCA as art of a "game changer" when the game starts to freeze and there's no way to deal with the enemie.

What had i to select to get the cloaked six pounder?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »

1.Is it able to play a good RCA support company without having a onmap artellery? I don't like the fact having
a howitzer onmap which costs pop and can only shot a barrage on cooldown. After the first barage your
enemie know where it is and until this time you're in danger to lose it.

Yeah you can, but why would you? It's nice to have the cooldown rather than uses. My main RCA company, which is about 10th on the CW leaderboard has only one 25 and I only use it when needed.

2.Which doctrinal tree is good?
Until yet i had only played with the US armour doctrin i there we're al doctrinal trees really special and useful, but at the RCA it seems
that the're all come with cool buffs, but no special things where i would say "This is a must have!".
In my opinion a double T3 ( upper+middle) could be cool, because there are a lot of buffs for a high ammount of units. Espacially the
Smoke Support (upper T1) is really useful for the team.

To be honest, conform it to your playstyle. I have 2 RCA companies; one with the middle t4 and one with the bottom t4 and both are quite successful. I have even used all 3 combinations of dual t3's and been good, but I just like Battallion HQ, the teamwide 4/3/2/2 addition to pop really comes in handy. If you like vehicles go dual t3, if you like infantry top t4, if you're a support type go the bottom two t4's. (i'm a support player)

I don't want to spam artellery (I would like it...  Grin) but i want to support my mates which other things (Smoke Barrage, Lit Up! and also artellery or
just a Sherman Firefly for AT support).

You can make a successful RCA coy without any artillery whatsoever, no offmaps, foo or onmap. Just go with mortars (if u go dual t3's, there are mortar buffs there too which are the best in the mod for mortars) BatHQ puts cct on cooldown rather than 2 uses. Lit up has a shorter cooldown on bathq as well.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 04:04:49 pm »

I never played with RCA because it's just a mindgame what i'm right doing. (I want to try something different to US Armour).
Only one howitzer - And this works? Until now i thought that they're quite fragile, so that i had to but more than 1x in my company but
maybe i had to change my opinion about this. Thanks for the tip, Battalion HQ looks really interesting. (And fits to my recommondations
of the RCA company with FOO and LitUp! + cool buffs for my mates)

1. How good is the priest howitzer?  -I would like it more than a static 25 pounder.
2. Other special tips/tricks/recommondations about a RCA company?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:21 pm »

By the way, 6 Pounders cloak in cover for all doctrines, you don't need to unlock anything for it to happen. It's purely for surprise attacks - it gives no statistical bonuses. Also good for keeping them away from prying eyes.

By the way, you need to have all members and the gun itself "touching" a piece of cover for everything to cloak. Otherwise your enemy will see any member (or the gun) that isn't touching cover. Best things to use are the yellow cover craters to cloak them in.

Oh, and it's better to have multiple 25 pounders rather than a single Priest. Pair of Shreck Storms hits your Priest and all your artillery is gone in one swift strike (Either have to retreat it or it dies on the next salvo). With the 25 pounders you'll lose one but you can hunt the buggers down that destroyed it and have another one or two spare to replace it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

this is making me think.

i threw a cromwell into my company just because i had some extra FU, and holy shit, first game it got 27 inf kills and 2 vehicle kills. i was going to use the bonuses to take advantage of the FF and priest, but now i see why people just use cromwells. I'm thinking of dropping FFs (since my atgs get good bonus) and just having a priest, cromwells, and a back up 25 pounder.

im even thinking of just getting rid of priest (though i JUST got it >_< ) and just doing cromwells, atgs, and maybe 25 pounder or two.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »

Cromwells are properly the most underrated medium tanks in the game
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc