Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 03:10:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Doctrine Assesment #1 Infantry  (Read 11661 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: January 18, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »

Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, we are slowly commencing the process of doctrine 'finalization'. What this means is that in the coming weeks (and possibly months) we will be going over each doctrine individually, and assessing its performance. We're going to take a look at what abilities work, what abilities don't and how the doctrine performs in terms of balance, T3 synergy and general 'appeal' (in regards to for example T4 choices)

This is NOT a doctrine rework, instead it's a process by which we hope to really finalize the doctrine's implementation. (Mainly in regards to balance)

During this process, we feel community input could also provide us with vital additional information and insights. That is why, from now until the end of this process, we will be opening public discussion threads on each doctrine, as we finalize them. Also note that these doctrine changes will be incorporated in the normal patching schedule, where we will attempt to bring you the 'finalization' of one or more doctrines at a time, per patch.

So without further ado, I present you the first doctrine on our schedule: US Infantry.
You will find an updated doctrine draft at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmM5l70zYmM7dFc4N01PMUhmMGtTb2JiZWY0QTFTTEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Please post & properly elaborate where you feel this doctrine could use improvement. (both in terms of balance as well as things like T3 synergies and T4 appeal) The more information & input you provide, the more likely it will be that we take notice of your opinion.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:25:28 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:14:35 pm »

this is super awesome and good news to hear, but... when will we seeing working AB and defensive doctrines? if they were all fixed today, you'd have people who have only been using them for a few months by the time you got around to them on here.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:39 pm »

Anyways, here's my low down on infantry!

I am an extensive top T4 user. This is a really fun T4, and focuses on combined arms with shermans, officers, and BAR rifles.

With the extra suppression you suppress enemy troops incredibly quick and I think I've even been able to suppress troops with two bar squads and an officer without even using SF!

combine this with steady sights and you have BARs that are super accurate in cover with the help of an officer.

Top T3 is amazing! the extra bar really packs a punch and the bigger healing is awesome! i think this T4 is close to being balanced, but i feel that it could use something else, or that it's missing something, im not sure what that something is, maybe a howie buff? maybe it's just me. You really need a sherman and officer on at all times for it to work and i feel like i end up relying on that a little too much.

My only gripe is grease guns. imo they should be 10mu cheaper, and you should get 4x, and top T3 should give you +2, this makes grease guns still viable against BARs. and of course the price of thompsons is too much, but i believe smgs in general are, not just on rangers.

I also experimented A LOT with double T3s and the viability of first aid. My first comment is make first aid 10mu on engs. Also I think it should be considered to have first aid and triage switched. with the buffs the triage gets it becomes the best healing in the game. but it's not a huge deal.

so double t3s, the synergy is fantastic, you become focused on using your triage and first aid. my favorite was top and middle with rangers, they got extra health, got 3x FA uses, and an extra thompson. my triage became strong and it could keep my rangers topped off. although this forces you to use rangers only as AI same with rifles, you don't want them anywhere near tanks because you get gibbed rather than killed. but that's what US has 57s and m10s/m18s for.

As far as unlocks go, they all seem to be in the right place other than the two previous comments i made in regards to GG and FA. jumbo is awesome, i think some changes need to be made to the GMC, but i think someone with more experience with it would be able to know what those are.

The one big change I think we really need and it still blows my mind that you guys don't want to is switching grease guns out for those AB lmgs. I would LOVE lmgs on my rangers or rifles.

In conclusion my experience with the T3s and top T4 I think are great, I don't really see anything that needs big improvements that need to be done. I think you guys did a good job on infantry, I was never an infantry player before, but I had a lot of fun with it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »

this is super awesome and good news to hear, but... when will we seeing working AB and defensive doctrines? if they were all fixed today, you'd have people who have only been using them for a few months by the time you got around to them on here.

The stuff that doesn't work for AB, Defensive and a bunch of other doctrines are all SCAR. Them being fixed is going to rely solely on EIRRmod and is entirely unrelated to this doctrine assessment. (Obviously we'll not need to 'assess' something that's not even working as intended yet...) Hopefully we'll get these fixed real soon.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »

having trouble seeing box E-5

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:08:29 pm »

and what is "hij"

btw, infantry is mostly good except for the middle t3, i still think allied grit is one of the more underpowered t2's, i mean t3's (Freudian slip Tongue) especially compared to the other 2.

i may go back and play infantry a little to give a better assessment

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:54 pm »

how do i see the entire contents of a box on excel sheet?
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 08:46:46 pm »

I think Infantry is the most balanced American doctrine and super fun to play.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »

wat///

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

Is Terror the gold standard these doctrines should be compared to?
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »

this looks the same. i think the gmc needs to go down in price somewhere/ i thought lock and loaded was going to be trashed.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 12:27:55 am »

yawn.... why do you have to make a new thread for this

fix locked & loaded, aka sniper needs to 1 shot KCH

limit max purchases of triage to 2 (to avoid smoke covered long range triage tactics w/rifles swarming the map)

= done
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:33:57 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 06:04:31 am »

another thread leading to dissapointment more than likely

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 06:29:33 am »

Rework Operation Overlord, give carbines back.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 07:19:32 am »

Yep, limit triarge purchases to reduce the roflness that is full map triarge coverage.

Also Grease guns are fine how they are, they are very very rape atm if you use them correctly

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 11:08:34 am »

I agree, it really utilizes everything in the doctrine without making it underpowered or Overpowered.  I dont even think you need to change the damage on allied snipers to one shot kch tbh.  But i like getting the triage maxed at 2.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:09 am »

i think triple bars combined with the Suppress and Manouvre T2 is one of the more obvious overpowered doctrine choices in eir.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:05 pm »

I agree, it really utilizes everything in the doctrine without making it underpowered or Overpowered.  I dont even think you need to change the damage on allied snipers to one shot kch tbh.  But i like getting the triage maxed at 2.

whats the point of the sniper getting extra damage if he isnt able to one shot kch?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:17 pm »

if they are lover on health he will easier 1 shot them?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

AFAIK, it takes two shots to kill a KCH member. First one puts him to the health for crits to take effect, second shot pops the crit.

Unless you up the damage high enough to put it straight into the crit barrier, it really wont make any change to a Sniper's ability to handle KCH by itself.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc