Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 09:17:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: let HVAP pershing switch between normal and HVAP Shells  (Read 39049 times)
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 17, 2012, 06:16:50 am »

As Title says, the HVAP pershing is a big let down as it has the permenant hvap shells thus giving it a permenant splash radius decrease

why not let it be like USK? let it have a switch between the HE and the normal shells? I mean it was done for tiger ace can be done for HVAP pershing right?

(not saying give both splash and hvap to one shell, but give choices to use either normal or HVAP ammo)

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 06:27:20 am »

Tiger ace is reward unit,pershing is not.
Does normal tiger have rounds to switch? No he doesnt.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:35:58 am »

I like this idea.

HVAP on 45 Range when using AP and low splash and acc vs infantry
HVAP off 40 range normal splash.

Did you mean it like this?  ^

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:56:34 am »

I think he just means toggle between normal and current HVAP, so you have more splash or more penetration/damage. 45 range HVAP would be entirely ridiculous... although, I'd be the last person on Earth to complain if it were implemented.
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:58:37 am »

Tiger ace is reward unit,pershing is not.
Does normal tiger have rounds to switch? No he doesnt.

no because tiger gun has biggest anti infantry splash and can take on any allied tank 1v1.

and i like the idea. its no fun having a t4 that takes away a strength of the unit, does any other t4 do this?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:16:48 am »

no because tiger gun has biggest anti infantry splash and can take on any allied tank 1v1.

u sure?

HVAP pershing kills tiger no problem Wink
m18 kills tiger no problem Wink
dunno about firefly sight with upgrade,but if it has it above 40,it can also kill tiger.
dunno about upgraded tertach,but considering his speed,I am fairly sure that he can circle tiger all day,and pound his ass.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:25:38 am »

I doubt an M18 or Tetrach could kill the Tiger by themselves - there are a bunch of ways to get out of being circled, so the only way that would work is if the Tiger player were completely retarded and just sat there.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 09:28:41 am »

This would definitely give me a reason to look at Pershings again tbh.

As long as there is a respectable wait between loading each shell type, I could roll with this. Standard reload cycle + 2-4 seconds should do it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 09:33:13 am »

I doubt an M18 or Tetrach could kill the Tiger by themselves

m18 has sight and range 45,tiger has range 40,and sight I think. So yeah,m18 can kill tiger withouth a problem. There was that replay not so long ago,where smokaz I think raped eind's and someone else tiger's just with his m18's,tiger simply cant touch it.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 09:38:59 am »

Oh, right, I forgot about the M18's sight range.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:52 am »

In open terrain an M18 will pick a Tiger apart piece by piece. Get an environment with a few shot blockers, preferably hedges that your Tiger can crush and flank the M18 on a moments notice.

Also, the M18's long range penetration against a Tiger is less than impressive. You'll have more than enough time to pull back to get AT support and bugger him off. Same goes for a Tetratch and it's low DPS.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:21 am »

You'll have more than enough time to pull back to get AT support and bugger him off. Same goes for a Tetratch and it's low DPS.

So why exactly are you mention this? He told that tiger can solo 1v1 any allied tank,I gave him proof that he cant,problem?

Get an environment with a few shot blockers, preferably hedges that your Tiger can crush and flank the M18 on a moments notice.
yea,because m18 user is stupid and he doesnt know that tiger can crush hedge and flank it...right  Roll Eyes

why dont we put them in a pit 5x5m  Roll Eyes
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 09:53:19 am »

Theoretically speaking if you can get the right conditions the Tiger will put down any Allied tank. You can do this by MAKING the conditions. If he wants to chase after you with his M18 or Tet you lure him into an urban environment where range means shit. If the map has no urban or shot blocking environments then the map is simply shit.

Also, I said PREFERABLY an area with hedges. If you lure the M18 into that environment, he'll have to navigate it properly. You wont. You can back through a hedge, turn around it and boom, he cant shoot you. He'll then have to go all the way around or go through the gap at point blank range where he eats a shell. If he goes around you can move to an appropriate position to put yourself in range to hit him as the two units gain LOS of each other. In these conditions, the only option the M18 will have is to disengage or risk getting pasted by a Tiger commander with his head screwed on.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 10:06:35 am »

Theoretically speaking if you can get the right conditions the Tiger will put down any Allied tank. You can do this by MAKING the conditions. If he wants to chase after you with his M18 or Tet you lure him into an urban environment where range means shit. If the map has no urban or shot blocking environments then the map is simply shit.

Also, I said PREFERABLY an area with hedges. If you lure the M18 into that environment, he'll have to navigate it properly. You wont. You can back through a hedge, turn around it and boom, he cant shoot you. He'll then have to go all the way around or go through the gap at point blank range where he eats a shell. If he goes around you can move to an appropriate position to put yourself in range to hit him as the two units gain LOS of each other. In these conditions, the only option the M18 will have is to disengage or risk getting pasted by a Tiger commander with his head screwed on.

If you make the Tiger run away with your M18 it is already doing more than it's share helping you win, thats 16pop running from 10 and the Tiger costs a lot more. No need to chase, just force it back and crawl forward, rinse, repeat.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

why would he chase you?
I shoot you,you run away...I can clearly see who wins here. No need for me to pursue fleeing enemy,I have won.

So KCH also loose 1v1 against most allies infantry. You just hop inside building with your squad,and he doesnt do much with mp44 against building.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:34 am »

He's speaking one on one combat effectiveness Am. We all know that your supporting piece of AT that you WILL have if you have a Tiger will make sure the M18 knows it's place (Assuming competent Axis commander) so that 10 pop M18 wont be doing it's worth.

Besides, the only reason I've explained to Smurf why a Tiger is capable of handling even the mobile or ranged threats is to humour him. The reality is that one on one tank engagements only happen in EiRR when somebody has made a grievous mistake and the tank is screwed anyway.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 10:13:11 am »

why dont we put them in a pit 5x5m  Roll Eyes

Because there might be not enough spare for both of them.  Wink

9th Armoured Engineers
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:49 am »

Its not a pershing ace, yea its a trade off for splash but the extra damage vs everything with wheels is well worth it

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 10:50:04 am »

Your right, it's not a Pershing Ace. Which is why it's range would remain unchanged, so would it's speed, so would it's health, so on.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:59 am »

The problem is, 8th, that no other T4 is a trade off. There are INSANE buffs to every single other armoured vehicle in armour doctrine, but the Pershing gets a trade off, and the buff isn't even as big as HVAP for other tanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc