Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:14:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eyoo fuckbags  (Read 17490 times)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 12:41:14 pm »

With so much ressourced and much more pop values the game would fuck up a lot of computers. Also tougher units would get a higher
field presence and company builds would going to be much more bananna.

9th Armoured Engineers
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:31 pm »

I don't recall saying anything about pop.

Pool, resources and advantages. Everything else the same. Limits on heavies, specials, etc, all still in place. Essentially, it's to allow for companies to have a bigger back bone.

It'd still be the ol' 40 max pop ingame. But hell, even if it went to to 50-60, it'd still be well within tolerable limits for most people.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 01:02:21 pm »

If I knew that losing a unit had a lower effect on my company, I'd happily place it in riskier situations.

well,you can do same thing now,for example,spam rifles or volks,so you dont care if you loose it. But I still think,that even if you had more resources,you wouldn't throw units away if they are 'bit pricier' ,if you preserve them,in the end you will have advantage over your enemy,having few extra units by the end of the game can still be difference between win or loose.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »

I don't recall saying anything about pop.

*Argh* - Sorry, was a missread on myside. Smiley
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 01:09:15 pm »

I do wonder how the mod would roll if it took more true to life numbers and had accurate proportions for armour fielded.

So that's what, an expected 20 Shermans in field for every Tiger that shown it's face? Tongue

Then again, we'd need to have accurate infantry too and suddenly the CoH maps just don't seem quite big enough. >.<

Tbf, I wouldn't mind seeing company size and pools increase by 50%, but with the limitations on heavies/specials still in place. Standard companies would have 12000 MP, 3000 MU, 1800 FU. Increase advantages proportionally as well, so 400 MP per goes to 600 MP per, 150 MU to 225 MU and 100 FU to 150 FU.

Heh, a 2250 FU coy... 9 Sherman/PIV companies anybody?

20 Shermans vs 9 Panthers; Panther was one of the most common tanks in Normandy afterall. Games would last longer, no reason to waste resources still. I would play as I normally would and win through attrition of enemy AT.

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 01:14:47 pm »

On the contrary, more resources would see an increase in the significance of low pop, basic units like riflemen and volks. Right now they're basically only effective if spammed and no one wants that. Heavies are much more efficient at the moment because they can attrition down the backbone of your army (the basic inf). More basic inf, the less impact heavies suddenly have. You're not getting anymore fuel or munitions so besides allowing greater company freedom, most of those extra resources will be going to riflemen and that's a good thing. The major flaw with 'balanced' companies is that they simply can't field enough riflemen to stop spammed high impact units and you're not winning any games without riflemen bar your own specific spam.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 02:42:31 pm »

But then you have to rebalance all MP using units. Otherwise we go back to the 10+ HMG and everything else companies that dominated EIR 3-4 years ago.

Right now AT and Heavies should go up to make mediums more effective.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

ATGs already went up in prices and medium tanks became a more viable option when muni costs were changed to fuel. The main price imbalances are still the ones for infantry and infantry upgrades.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 03:19:35 pm »

medim tanks still arent that great,you still see more people using heavies/panthers than p4's for example.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »

Well there have been a lot of Tiger aces because people have so many rewards points but I have been seeing a lot of shermans, pzIVs, stugs and panthers.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:32:33 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 03:35:10 pm »

Did I say ATGs? I think I said AT, which means all dedicated AT weapons. So everything from ATGs to TDs.

Do this and raise heavies and rebalance mediums vs eachother. It's too easy to focus on AT builds right now, if my Americans have less than 6 TDs and 4 ATGs Im below normal.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2012, 03:45:27 pm »

You're just rambling nonsense. I don't even know how to reply to that. WHAT GAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

The only heavies are freaking Elephants and Tiger aces because of the abundace of reward points. Medium tanks dominate the metagame with their extreme price to unit effectiveness.

Just because people switched over from AT guns to TDs and Handheld AT, doesn't mean that it's more effective, with the new expensive AT guns it's very LIMITING, not easy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:49:23 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2012, 04:13:59 pm »

Mediums are less cost effective. On average my 2 Tigers will have a larger impact than 4 P4s and cost less. Medium armor is shit in the face of super efficient heavies and AT.

Heavy tanks are Tigers, Crocs, Panthers, Jadgpanther, Tiger Ace, Pershing, KT, etc.

What games are you playing where 5 P4s are better than 2 Tigers and a P4 or 3 Panthers. They don't drain enemy AT, and are countered by all armored units the allies field.

*Edited for typing on phone
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:00:48 pm by AmPM » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »

NO, not in current EIR and to answer your question: all of my games. Maybe you haven't been playing to see the recent patches to see the changes.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 05:10:52 pm »

Mediums are less cost effective. On average my 2 Riggers will have a larger impact than 4 P4s and cost less. Medium armor is shit in the face of super efficient heavies and AT.

Heavy tanks are Tigers, Crocs, Panthers, Jadgpanther, Tiger Ace, Pershing, KT, etc.

What games are you p laying where 5 P4s are better than 2 Tigers and a P4 or 3 Panthers. They don't drain enemy AT, and are countered by all armored units the allies field.

He might have played my company when I had 4 pivs!

anyway, I've played some games now and I do not see any kts or pivs. They are gone.

You guys just take away our freedom to build fun companies, there is no thing calles, he runs this or that anymore. No suprises. Just the same tactics by everyone. It kinda sucks. The doctrines are rather grey. They should have the effects they had in the past.

Remember sabotage? A random call in or was it unit? gets disabled.

German steel?

OBM?

Tank reapers!

and the ab doctrines, yummy. You would just roll all the heavies with your rrs.

Anyway, there is nothing special right now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:39:06 pm by Dnicee » Logged

Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »

and I do agree with ampm.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2012, 06:02:16 pm »

NO, not in current EIR and to answer your question: all of my games. Maybe you haven't been playing to see the recent patches to see the changes.

Nothing has changed the costs of heavies or ATGs in the last few months. I can still use 2 Tigers, a P4 and 4-5 PaKs without draining my MU.

5 P4's cost a TON more than 2 Tigers, even with double repairs.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 02:41:39 am »

5 P4s suck. Get 10 StuGs even skirtless they are more effective versus every target than P4s- has better armor too and is cheaper and that's a lot of armor.

4 P4s and 1 Panther isn't exactly even much. Like AmPm said its easy to focus on AT. Two anti tank gun shots on a P4 its nearly down on its half health where any TD can just finish it off.

I do agree with AmPm that mediums are quite sucky, its only Heavies vs TDs as we speak.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:18 am »

I find having elephant in my luft force to be very effective!
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 04:46:39 am »

Heartmann,my Elephant has more XP than yours  Grin
eat my dust...brum brum brum!
Yea wonder why... could be that you have been playing while I have been having large amounts of sex and work ^^ ofc not at same time... at least that often Wink

Anyway...

When I have been playing as allied I see a lot of 88s, and heavies, then after a while the meds come out as last resorts, its seldom i see the meds be the spear tips. Although this has gotten me rather interested in doing my piv coy i used to field, and tbh i worked rather well a piv with heat could fend off a Pershing when used right ^^ it was rather amusing ^^

And the tiger vs Piv and stugs well again its a bit about the individual skill with the diff tanks, i have seen tigers have only 6 inf kills and get blown up while the pivs had 10 times that and still had its 2nd repair left.

A lot has to do with the right circumstances, plan ahead using the right equipment in the right sequence produces more favorable situations ^^

Therefore we need to focus on the equipment that we can use despite the circumstances will prevail or no matterthe circumstance, will never be useful. RATHER than the units that are as they are supposed to be, working depending on how well your preparations have been when its on field, ex. having support weapons to support snipers or a big armor push needing a arty call-in to clear the enemy atgs.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc