Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:34:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rifles, Gattlers, Torpedoes and Ironclads  (Read 15564 times)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 05:36:31 pm »

Dude, it's been out 1 DAY.

WTF?
Yeah, and if they had a somewhat good balance from day 1 like all games should attempt to achieve, people would be ton more happy with the games devs wouldn't they?

I would definitely trust that company for future purchases near the release date and pre-orders.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41:52 pm »

Yeah, and if they had a somewhat good balance from day 1 like all games should attempt to achieve, people would be ton more happy with the games devs wouldn't they?

I would definitely trust that company for future purchases near the release date and pre-orders.

Don't you get it? Balance is way too complicated to get a grip on from the first day.

Imagine its the first day you play coh. You can't be all like "bunker spam is op cuz I lost to it". It takes time to figure out if its balanced or not.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 06:13:31 pm »

Does it tie in any way to the Avatar Campaign multiplayer from Shogun 2? I recall them saying something about that in the lead-up.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 07:13:34 pm »

Feels better than Shogun 2 did that's for sure, with the advent of elite firearm units spamming low morale (ashigaru troll-sword) troops en mass is no longer a viable way to kill all other infartry, yay!

(No seriously, ashigaru long swords broke a good deal of that game)

And expensive units can now actually kill their value, marines... french marines racked up 450 kills in my last team game with burn, they were just gunning down fools like no tommorow  Wink

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »

There's like 1/100 chance of your ship catching on fire when you overheat your engines.

There's about 1/100 chance of your ship exploding when on fire.

Guess what happened just now with one of the most expensive ships in the game T-T
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 04:29:02 pm »

On the bright side, that shouldn't happen for about the next 100,000 overheats. :p

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 04:46:03 pm »

Bought the game, crashes on load up screen when I start it. Pretty pissed.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 05:07:50 pm »

Bought the game, crashes on load up screen when I start it. Pretty pissed.

For once I was fairly lucky when it comes to bugs.

The forums are flooded with all sorts of weird bugs, some gamebreaking. But the only ones I have are occasional crashes on end-turn and autosave, weird occasional graphic bug on strategic map and the gameplay bugs everyone has (immortal artillery when unmounted, fucked up auto-battle, weird AI, superlong loading times etc).

But apart from the bugs that the TW team seem to be so fond of shipping their games with it's AWESOME.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

There's like 1/100 chance of your ship catching on fire when you overheat your engines.

There's about 1/100 chance of your ship exploding when on fire.

Guess what happened just now with one of the most expensive ships in the game T-T

I don't use engine overheat(unless dodging a torpedo or on a shitty gunship)

Ramming on your Ironclad actually moves you places faster so it's a good way to race for a Coastal battery in MP.

Even Fast reload I don;t use unless I'm engaged in a slugfest rather close to a target. The hit you take to slower reloading afterwards kinda balances out any benefit you gain in the long run. It's simply a tool to get a few shots more.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 03:08:28 am »

Yeah, i found the problem, turns out it was my fault. I had mods with the "Aquired" version of Shogun 2, so i just deleted the app data and all was fine.

Game really doesn't like being alt tabbed a lot. Other than that, the only 2 I've encountered was it crashing after I end turned, and a blue campaign map Cheesy
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 07:26:18 am »

I tell you, the absuolte best perk of a high end rig?
The ability to tab things down at will, I remember tabbing Shogun down on my old rig... ouch  Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:36 am »

Does it have Winchesters?

Like the sarge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_v2AnKLI0

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:12 am »

I find it to be one of the fastest games to recover after an alt tab. Try alt tabbing battlefield that will more then likely crash your game. I just started doing avatar combat the past few days, it's pretty epic. Lefort and I had some amazing team battles, one of which came down to our two general units using pistols to epically route two samurai sword units, a bow and two spear units. I definitely saved that replay. Naval combat seems more of a dice roll to me because of your ships getting powder kegged, the sometimes awful ship ai, and your men being pussies in general wanting to run away with a fully capable ship.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:09 am »

Really cheap on GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/games/strategy/shogun-2-fall-samurai/?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 11:26:48 am »

Does it have Winchesters?

Like the sarge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_v2AnKLI0
I think the high tier cavalry carries repeaters, but that's about it...
Fastest firing non gattling unit in the game is revolver armed cavalry  Wink
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

The Foreign Marines and some of the higher end japanese units seem to have Bolt action rifles.

Most of the Gun cavalry have Lever action rifles.(at least from descriptions and appearance)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:28 am »

Just saw a general take more than 40 shots to his chest and survive, wtf.

He was just standing there, the rest of his unit dead, right in front of a firing line. They fired volley after volley with most shots hitting and he just took it like a man picking off my soldiers one by one with his revolver. Hadn't he broken morale he would have killed my entire army the way it was going :S
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 12:10:10 pm »

wow really?

I've got all my points into the Bushido tree and I can't even do that, and he had a revolver...
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 12:23:08 pm »

wow really?

I've got all my points into the Bushido tree and I can't even do that, and he had a revolver...

Another just as fucked up thing happened to me yesterday.

I had a Yari Ki charge an isolated artillery position, which was instantly routed. Yet the ROUTED crew was somehow able to annihilate the entire yari ki in close combat. I saw it go down but I refused to withdraw them, GLORY OR DEATH style. Seriously, if they can't even kill routed guncrews they deserve to die.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 12:23:36 pm »

Just saw a general take more than 40 shots to his chest and survive, wtf.

He was just standing there, the rest of his unit dead, right in front of a firing line. They fired volley after volley with most shots hitting and he just took it like a man picking off my soldiers one by one with his revolver. Hadn't he broken morale he would have killed my entire army the way it was going :S

He rose from the dead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQajy9tWTQ and came into Total War.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc