Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:28:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] help with airborne/ failborne  (Read 13698 times)
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« on: April 15, 2012, 02:08:48 pm »

ive been using ab lately and its getting frustrating that ab seem good at nothing exept killing flaks on suicide missions. im using a lot of rr's with a few satchels any tips on what im doing wrong as i know that its likely me mucking up than the doctrine being awful

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:15 pm »

To be honest the doctrine is pretty fail

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:53:48 pm »

its pretty shit - getting a lot of paras will mean you will lack pool for more than roughly two flame engies. All the munitions means less light vehicles and more shermans, hellcats or m10s. Which gets to face up to axis at, and their handeheld is great at taking out these.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:09:43 pm »

Here's what I find odd with the current thoughts on Doctrines.

When EiR first started out, there were no doctrines. But while there were no doctrines, people were still using AB and winning games.

So does that mean because of doctrines, we have made basic units useless.....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
johnnyaustin
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »

well AB has shitty Doctines, but everyhting else has nice docs lke terror and the top tier 4 or tBlitz with double repair tigers and Panzer aces or Heat rounds. ect.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 04:24:19 pm »

I wonder how different this mod would be if all doctrines were disabled and all players ha access to the same units that their faction had. Make things a lot more interesting IMO.

A problem I see with AB is that there are too many counters to them because of their inability to figh back at anything besides an ATG, Flak, or any slightly damaged tank.

Meh.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
johnnyaustin
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

I wonder how different this mod would be if all doctrines were disabled and all players ha access to the same units that their faction had. Make things a lot more interesting IMO.

A problem I see with AB is that there are too many counters to them because of their inability to figh back at anything besides an ATG, Flak, or any slightly damaged tank.

Meh.

Thats the way i feel, plus if you just go infantry you can get a zook that does a nice job for the price and not to mention that you can get Tank reapers.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »

Well, the less then powerfull doctrine AB gets doesnt compare to other factions doctrine buffed units, you CAN win games as AB still but, its excessivly difficult to overcome thier doctrine advatages.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »

When that happened, the playerbase struck an all time low and eirrmod swear he would never try it again.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »

When that happened, the playerbase struck an all time low and eirrmod swear he would never try it again.

Actually, the doctrines have never been disabled.

What you may be remembering is when all doctrines were available with no PP limit and everyone was given a level 9 account. That was a cluster fuck that will never be repeated.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

AB is fine, it just takes a different play style to win with that you can't play with in all the others.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
johnnyaustin
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »

have you ever played AB lately?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »

have you ever played AB lately?

It's Tym, of course not. Except for maybe one time he stomped some noobs and thinks its a good doctrine.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

AB is fine, it just takes a different play style to win with that you can't play with in all the others.

Roll Eyes
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »

Takes a different playstyle?

-playstyle involving not-using AB-

K.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 09:56:26 pm »

It's pretty bad mmmkay.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »

AB's pool is overpriced.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 12:24:30 am »

I have a pretty good record with AB, but the doc does suck on so many levels.

Going the bottom tier is the only way to go... and that doesnt work fully.

But popping smoke on fire up command while in place helps to blow up tanks and not get gibbed. and  having cloaked support teams prevent being sniped and gives ambush ability, and again the smoke on fire up command means your flanked mg/mortar teams will live another day, and another and another. Plus better smoke screens for mortars.
That being said, its actually more useful than the infantry LnL. Their buffs are pathetic.

Too bad the + to enemy call in time doesnt work still Sad.

The doc mostly fails just by looking at the rest of the advantages. They are unimaginative and dont really help boost any tactics or strength really.  If a doc doesnt look good with any pair of T3s... something is missing.  Thats what i think. AB only has 1 good half working T4.

But they arent bad and do require another tactic. Roll with HMGs, quads, or m8s and use smoke for RR. They have access to rifleman with bars and m10s. And a great sniper. Honestly they are mostly good at just supporting and getting a few good licks into armor. IM not defending the current doc but they do kick ass at times.
LMGs... ive seen them spammed and kick butt, but i never did with them
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 10:43:27 am »

i made a draft in the doctrine balance thing i sent it to PQ for advice but he hasnt said anything. For AB what i did was essentialy make mini basses HMG quads RRS atgs and once i broke a certain area advance quickly again then retreat to a fall back point with all my junk hidden thus when they would chase my RRS they would be lul insta pinned and bye bye tanks.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »

^ This only works if your enemy is unprepared for it.

Go up against say, a Wirbel and FG42 spam coy backed up by another with MP44 Grens... It suddenly falls on it's head.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc