Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:33:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] Royal Marine Commandos (RC)  (Read 7246 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:55 am »

Proposed as some sort of unlock for the currently underwhelming RC doc. Read le PDF.. Wasted a whole bloody hour to make it look all pretty n shit.
EDIT: For those who hate pretty pictures and neat formatting:

Royal Marine Commandos  
Doctrine: Royal Commandos.
Unlock Conditions: Unknown.
Unit Class:
Elite Infantry.
Unit Icon (In-Game): Tommie Section icon.
Unit Skin: Royal Marine Commando skin from Eastern Front mod.
Unit Role: Ambush/marksman infantry.
Build Cost:  300 Manpower.
Build Time (vCoH): N/A.
Population Upkeep: 5.
Manpower Upkeep: N/A.
Pool Type: Infantry.
Pool Occupation: 9.
# Of Squad Members: 5, 6 with “Section Sergeant”.
Reinforce Cost Per Man: N/A.
Health Per Man:  70.
Target Type: infantry_soldier.
Critical Type: infantry.
Move Speed: 3.
Sight Range: 45.
Detection Range: 0/11.
Weapons:
   -5x Lee_Enfield_Rifle
OR;
   -1x Boys_AT_Rifle*, 4x Lee_Enfield_Rifle
OR;
   -1x Sten_SMG_Silenced, 5x Lee_Enfield_Rifle
OR;
   -1x Sten_SMG_Silenced, 1x Boys_AT_Rifle*, 4x Lee_Enfield_Rifle
Upgrades:
   -   Boys .55cal AT Rifle ( 45 Munitions): The Squad is armed with a single buffed Boys AT rifle, excellent at eliminating enemy infantry and light armor at range (This Boys rifle would be right out of the ToV campaign, with no nerfs to damage, RoF, or effectiveness vs. infantry http://www.omgmod.org/wiki/index.php/Weapon:Boys_AT_Rifle ).
   -   Section Sergeant (50 Manpower): Adds a 6th member to the squad, Commando armed with a Silenced Sten. This allows the use of the Binoculars ability as well.
-   Mk II ‘Pineapple’ Grenades ( 35 Munitions): Allows the squad to throw up to 2 grenades.
-   Aid Kits ( 30 Munitions): Allows the squad to heal via Wehrmacht medkits, but on an elongated cooldown rather then uses.
Abilities:
   -   Falshirmjager Ambush: When in L/H cover, Royal Marine Commandos will cloak and receive the following bonuses: Accuracy 1.25, Damage 1.25.
-   Use Aid Kit (Lasts 60s, 180s cooldown): Allows the squad to heal slowly, but reduces their movement speed for a short duration.
-   Binoculars (Lasts 15s, 120s cooldown): The Royal Marine Commando squad can reveal a 15m area in the FoW within a 50 unit radius of the squad. Doesn’t decloak units in the target area.
-   Throw Mk II ‘Pineapple’ Grenade! (30 second cooldown): The squad will throw a MkII grenade, useful for flushing enemies out from cover, or just for blowing them up in the first place.
-   Recon Section (Passive): The Royal Marine Commandos pay for their extra sight and detection range with the penalties associated with the Recon Section upgrade: -15% accuracy, +15% longer cooldown, +25% longer reload. These penalties are mitigated with veterancy.
Capping Speed: 1.0 (assuming using vCoH speeds for sector-occupation-capping)..
Retreat Modifier: 5.
Veterancy Bonuses:
-Vet1 (? XP): Received Damage .85, Metkit cooldown -30s.
-Vet2 (? XP): Sight +10, Accuracy 1.3, Medkit cooldown -30s.
-Vet3 (? XP): Health 1.2, Damage 1.2, Cooldown .85, Reload .75, Medkit cooldown -60s.
Other: Heightened vet bonuses counteract the Recon Section penalties to normal squad weaponry.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:46:36 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:48:59 am »

sounds appealing, but shouldnt we then replace the commandos with those rapeface marines? because who would take the weake commandos then?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:15:47 am »

whats with suggestions for new allied infantry always, i mean always revolve around AMBUSH UNITS -.-

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:57:30 am »

First off, I'm pretty sure the Royal Marine Commandos weren't around for quite the while after WWII. The first dedicated Commando group for the UK came about as the SAS after the Long Range Desert Group left it's mark during the African campaign.

Secondly, a 5 man squad with 70 health per man with Soldier armour at 300MP. Not only that they can heal and dont suffer from the standard Commando problem of having to close to short range to do AI damage as they dont rely on Stens. If you can't see a problem with that then meh...

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:34 am »

evey1 wants OP unit hicks, nice try to get smthg cool for allies volski haha

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 05:55:40 am »

I would like to see more infantry units for brits. More than the others they have boring infantry units with really uninteresting upgrades.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 06:24:09 am »

I would like to see more infantry units for brits. More than the others they have boring infantry units with really uninteresting upgrades.

I agree tbh. More guns !!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:07:11 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 08:02:01 am »

Sounds cool looks cool. I think the reason everyone wants a cloaked unit is because AXIS have all the fun stuff already. i would like to see something that allies can have that is really there own.  Good work though volksinator

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 08:51:37 am »

Up to six guys, all with 70 health per men. Total of 420 Hitpoint squad. Grenadier squad is 320 and Stormtrooper squad is 380...

Add in SOLDIER ARMOR and this 420 health is practically DOUBLED against small arms...even if they come with crappy rifles it is fixable by giving them ltd. They are nearly unkillable.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 09:00:12 am »

Yeah well thats what i would like to see from brits. the LTCPT make a big deffirence and thats all they are based around really is those 2 units. its kinda sadpanda when he dies because grens can beat them. 6 man KCHPLOX
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 09:18:37 am »

First off, I'm pretty sure the Royal Marine Commandos weren't around for quite the while after WWII. The first dedicated Commando group for the UK came about as the SAS after the Long Range Desert Group left it's mark during the African campaign.

Secondly, a 5 man squad with 70 health per man with Soldier armour at 300MP. Not only that they can heal and dont suffer from the standard Commando problem of having to close to short range to do AI damage as they dont rely on Stens. If you can't see a problem with that then meh...

Royal Marine Commandos fought in WWII.

Pwanawan baby!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 09:51:57 am »

probably because allies dont have ambush units

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 10:06:46 am »

piat sappers

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 10:17:15 am »

piat sappers

Meanwhile the Axis get Fallschirmjaegers, Stormtroopers, cloaking ATGs, cloaking Goliaths, cloaking Hetzers...

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 10:20:26 am »

Give cloak to marines.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 10:38:00 am »

Meanwhile the Axis get Fallschirmjaegers, Stormtroopers, cloaking ATGs, cloaking Goliaths, cloaking Hetzers...

was responding to this

also forgot sniper. and 6pdr. and if were going into doctrinal, half the ab support weapons
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 10:41:44 am »

*sigh* poor vermillion, stormies are up in your base bro? Every unit has a direct counter, sure you cannt always premare for it, but thats one of larger portions of what determines skill, your ability to adapt to any situation presented and overcome it, normally when you lose a game, its becuase you failed at doing such, like if they start capping everywhere and you fail to call out infantry or to hunt the cappers down, if they support spam and one of yer teammates fails to bring a sniper or a mortar. If stormies show up, remember to screen everything you own, keep some riflemen near your jeeps so he cannt alpha strike them and get away safely, lets remember how much x2 shreck stormies cost, 300muni i think it is, if he kills one of your atgs while a BAR is standing next to it, sure its rage enducing, but those BARs are going to eat those stormies, hes down alot more recources then you are.

Sure cloaked unit sare irritating as fuck, they piss everyone off, but they dont do as much as you think they do, they just enduce more rage

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 10:52:06 am »

We don't need infantry ambush units whatsoever, we do fine without them.

Volks did you even remotely plan out this unit possibility or just write it as it came out your head?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 10:56:08 am »

The thing is, 8th, is that despite the fact that everyone brings these cloak counters that you so insist negate the effect of Stormtroopers (I myself include 4 jeeps in my companies now), they are as a mentioned in the previous post: a one-off shield that will usually get killed by the Storm squad in question, leaving the Stormtroopers to run away with minimal casualties and immediately disengage than to their cloaking ability.

Skill is a factor, but also the inherent properties of a unit decide the engagement, even in Company of Heroes. Stormtroopers are strong, they have access to some of the best weapon upgrades out there, and their cloaking ability makes them utterly rule the battlegfield by allowing them to choose when and where they strike, and if a detection gets in their way, it will swiftly become a pile of charred wreckage.

I would normally not complain about Stromtroopers, but the few matches I have played since I came back have all been decided by them. Their survivability additionally brings another factor, that of veterancy, into the fold. It's very common to see vet 2 or even 3 Stromtrooper blobs, simply because they can pull out of combat so easily and survive to fight another day.

It's not so easy as you say to counter Stormtroopers. Their ability to pick and choose their battles makes it so that you will rarely see them run in at a protected target. You can't defend everything, and they allow for a player to strike right where it will hurt the most.

On topic, I like your unit suggestions, as always, Volsk, but I fear they may never be implemented.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:01:28 am by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 11:15:55 am »

This is a game of strategy, if you know they have storms you can figure out usually what they are going to attack
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc