Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 08:27:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: StuH vs Crom 95  (Read 8855 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: July 29, 2012, 08:51:32 am »

There appears to be a lot of talk about the StuH being OP after the last changes the BT made. What are the differences between the StuH and the Crom 95?

They both appear to be as effective to me, but I do not hear many complaints about the 95. The 95 even has a turret.

I am spamming StuH's right now. I find them very effective, but  not OP in anyway. They counter the Meta game of mass rangers very well, but are destroyed by Shermans, M10, M18 and Jumbos very easily.

Of course, when I keep them properly supported, they can be be very difficult to contend with.

BTW - Colossus had really shitty teammates in this game.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:58:55 am »

what is the point of that screenshot? Game looks like a stomp...
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 09:11:54 am »

Tank cannot participate in a stomp.

:p

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 09:29:47 am »

Hicks is correct, Tank130 can never be on the stomping end of a stomp.

The point of the pic is to show the considerably large kill ratio I got by spamming StuH's with DBL shrek storm support.

The following game my strat failed when my storms were taken out. I got a little too aggressive with my storms tbh.

So I was hoping Hicks would provide comparable stats on the StuH and Crom95 to see if they are equal or not.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:33:34 am »

95mm cromwell is 10 pop and doesnt have 45 range, an epic top mg, skirts or good armor.
all those things don't make up for the 200 extra hp and turret.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:42:55 am »

95mm cromwell is 10 pop and doesnt have 45 range, an epic top mg, skirts or good armor.
all those things don't make up for the 200 extra hp and turret.

I used to spam 95s and won games with them. Easier to kill squads then the stuh, but the slow turret hindered you more then benefited you. The better thing about the 95 is it is on the allied side, so you dont have to worry about fast moving TDs, or being 3 shotted by ATGs.

You can also get some pretty awesome buffs with the docrtines increasing damage and splash and a CCT increasing ROF. Killer combination... if the axis were focused on infantry...

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:51:34 am »

Does the turret of the 95 turn slower then the StuH can turn?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 09:59:01 am »

The better thing about the 95 is it is on the allied side, so you dont have to worry about fast moving TDs, or being 3 shotted by ATGs.

actually no.
axis squads have more HP so will survive HE aoe damage while allied squads won't.
the pak 38 is also a rape machine compared to the 57mm, not to mention the marder.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:04:22 am »

The point of the pic is to show the considerably large kill ratio I got by spamming StuH's with DBL shrek storm support.

vs those players I can do that too,without STUHS tbh. It rly doesn't show anything,play vs good players,and then post score.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 10:16:18 am »

vs those players I can do that too,without STUHS tbh. It rly doesn't show anything,play vs good players,and then post score.

Sure... whatever you say smurf. I will take it under advisement. Now fuck off unless you have something to contribute to the topic at hand.

@ Leo - Do you know which turns faster? The StuH or the Crom95 turret? I am also curios how the GMC compares - or is it the Lieg? Damn I always get those two mixed up. I mean the one that lobs shells like a StuH.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 10:41:33 am »

Both the Leig and the GMC do that, tank.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 10:45:41 am »

tankedit: off topic remarks removed
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:44:53 am by tank130 » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 11:46:51 am »

Both the Leig and the GMC do that, tank.

Well, I guess my point is: I am trying to determine if the StuH is really OP or is it finally performing worth while. It is only really successful against blobs of infantry, so that's not a bad thing IMO.

It does rape ATG's if you can get to them before they get a couple of shots off.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 12:07:27 pm »

Lol at the Stuh and HE shermans, both do a massive amount of damage to your troops that I personally believe is a little to much.  It's not like it will ever change anyways but ya they both are huge wrecking balls for infantry.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »

last time i had 44 and 56 kills on my pershing just coz of heatrounds. They do so much damage and are so accurate, every fucking shot kills something. Stuh does same, but if u engage with stuh atg pershing is alot more successful.

its insane to have such units with high damage high accuracy + shooting over buildings and stuff. Too good tbh.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »

I can tell you that stuh doesnt kill something with each shot,they do tend to miss!
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »

There appears to be a lot of talk about the StuH being OP after the last changes the BT made. What are the differences between the StuH and the Crom 95?

They both appear to be as effective to me, but I do not hear many complaints about the 95. The 95 even has a turret.

I am spamming StuH's right now. I find them very effective, but  not OP in anyway. They counter the Meta game of mass rangers very well, but are destroyed by Shermans, M10, M18 and Jumbos very easily.

Of course, when I keep them properly supported, they can be be very difficult to contend with.

BTW - Colossus had really shitty teammates in this game.

ill agree with tank on this one, the stuh is a good unit, not really Op in any way, people tend to forgot that the change wasent just made to the stuh, it was made to the entirity of all weapons useing that projectile type so the following
-HE sherman
-95mml cromwell
Were all effected the same way, he shermans 1 shot entire sqauds just as easily, if not easier then a stuh becuase of the rotaiting, turret, you dont see any of the axis running around makiing a million forum posts "y sherman 1 shot my squad", the 95mml is the same, if not better then the stuh becuase of the rotating turret and the extra health. The stuh is fine as is, just becuase its a good counter versus the meta doesnt mean its OP

Any unit supported well, performs well. end of story

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »

What has appeared in several occassions is that StuHs are as good as their support goes. If StuHs are supported by double schreck stormtroopers that can indeed scout unharmed ahead for StuH to benefit even further of its range and to see if there is harm ahead. It is also that double schrecks are exceptionally overpowered when it comes to fighting against all form of armored units but weak against infantry- but the StuH will handle the Anti infantry. Slow but powerful combination of long range fire and Close proximity mobile 360 degree anti tank capabilities. If Double schrecks are removed the StuH will lose a considerable ammount of its effectiveness as it no longer comes with a HIGHLY damage output cloaked support unit(s)

Little addition.

The cromwell 95mm doesn't however enjoy a nice armor of the StuGs nor does it come with a machinegun that is capable of doing something, but it has its own advantage of a turret, CCT, and its own damage buffs. In a sense what it gets might not be compareable to a StuH but I think they both fit in nicely in their own ways.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:54:26 pm by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 02:52:36 pm »

StuH is fine tbh. It's the storms that are lulz.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 03:12:20 pm »

Tank, the body rotation of the stuh is much faster then the turret rotation. so obviously if you are facing in one direction and want to quickly meeting a flank on your 95, the turret will lag behind the tanks body rotation, you'll be facing the right direction but the turret is still glugging away trying to turn. compensating for the turret is just a waste of micro in comparison to the stuh, and the HE sherman right?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc