Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:00:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Pershing change?  (Read 12350 times)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« on: August 13, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

Suggest changing the vet tables for Pershing?

Reason:

I have now been playing a cluster of games with these tanks, and to be honest its a relatively hard unit to vet or use if you dont have HVAP.

The reason is that its a 16 pop units, that when facing heavy tanks including panthers and again not having hvap, its mostly function is meat shield untill you can get reliable at support in the area. Even then its a chance that the Pershing will not make it out alive due to off maps and effective use of heavy tanks coupled with shreks squads also marders and paks are very effective (which they should be ofc). Seeing as you have to be in my opinion at least rather aggressive with it since it is such a big investment so that it pays off.

So, would it be possible in the communities opinion to change the vet tables to be closer the panthers? or is it fine the way it is?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:20:04 am by Heartmann » Logged

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:51:37 am »

also rocket arty will kill one from full hp which is a pain since you cant dodge it without luck

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:52:25 am »

I think it's fine, I've vetted multiple pershings to vet 2 without even putting a whole lot of effort in. The one time I made a truly concerted effort to vetwhore one i lost it to a spawn buffed panther because I was an idiot. It's 16 pop but if your making an effort to vet one up you should always have supporting at near it anyway (a sticky squad and an 80gun at least if theres a jagd or multiple panthers around). Even without hvap they can fight panthers one on one with a good amount of success as long as your close to it. The pershing alone does a great job at killing infantry allowing you to put a good amount of pop into support at without worrying about infantry over running you.

I have never ONCE had a problem with rocket arty, do you even micro tanks scottish...?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:53:58 am by I2ay » Logged

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:09:24 am »

I have never ONCE had a problem with rocket arty, do you even micro tanks scottish...?

Lies.

Rocket arty comes down about a half second after the flare, its been universally recognized as broken and needs fixing.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:11:26 am »

Lies.

Rocket arty comes down about a half second after the flare, its been universally recognized as broken and needs fixing.
I challenge you Spartan to rocket arty a pershing of mine to death that wasn't already immobilized or had a destroyed engine.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:06 am »

Rocket arty is a mixed bag.

Sometimes it hits every round, sometimes it will hit bugger all.

I've wiped out about 4 reasonably spread support weapons in one fell swoop. However, I've also dropped it on a 15% health vet 3 Calli and had it survive.

If a tank is in motion when you drop it though? Pretty sure the only one you've a hope in hell of hitting is a Churchill unless the target has been disabled/forcibly blocked.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 08:39:47 am »

yh it happened to me when nearly every shot hit it and it was being a pain with reversing and driving forward was a death snetence with the wall of pak 40's there
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 08:59:15 am »

yh it happened to me when I dropped the ball
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:08 am »

I've wiped out about 4 reasonably spread support weapons in one fell swoop. However, I've also dropped it on a 15% health vet 3 Calli and had it survive.
That was a fun moment  Cheesy

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:41 am »

My ridiculously buffed Grenadiers picked up the slack though. :p
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 09:52:44 am »

ray try reverse a tank that has a house to its back in to get out of the area of rocket arty in 3 secs, i was on the very edge of the area yet basically all 12 rockets hit dead on
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01:56 am »

My ridiculously buffed Grenadiers picked up the slack though. :p
I've never felt the need to cry op on anything really but... that, that was ludicrous, those rifles were in green cover and had vet 3 buffs to, lol  Roll Eyes
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 10:03:16 am »

pershings are fine. if u wanna make them more powerful, then u do sth wrong. The pershing itself is already alot more useful on the battlefield than the tiger.

honestly, i never use Hvap, coz i wanna have the perfect AI power of either middle HEATrounds or bottom with speed and acc buffs.

if u cant use the pershing without hvap good on battlefield, u are doing sth very wrong.

PS: i love pershings and if u wanna buff it even if its not necessary, go for it. But for balance sake its a very very very bad idea to change pershing in his state right now.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 10:31:58 am »

i think best way to vet a persh is to go after infantry. Heat rounds help there
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 10:36:41 am »

Lies.

no.  It got nerfed to hell and is now complete shit.  You're lucky if 1 round hits the tank in question.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 11:28:00 am »

pershings are fine. if u wanna make them more powerful, then u do sth wrong. The pershing itself is already alot more useful on the battlefield than the tiger.

honestly, i never use Hvap, coz i wanna have the perfect AI power of either middle HEATrounds or bottom with speed and acc buffs.

if u cant use the pershing without hvap good on battlefield, u are doing sth very wrong.

PS: i love pershings and if u wanna buff it even if its not necessary, go for it. But for balance sake its a very very very bad idea to change pershing in his state right now.

riiight. I do better with Tigers than I do pershings, sure stat wise the pershing is better in some regards but if you go by what each has to face, the Tiger doesn't have to face what the Pershing does AT wise (and vice versa of course) and allied infantry is more squishy.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 12:05:48 pm »

Vetting up a Pershing simply requires patience.

You can't use it as a true breakthrough unit because that involves risk. If you launch a squad of inf into the shit you can just hit retreat and not sweat it. With any form of vehicle, getting ambushed/disabled usually means certain death.

You have to be cautious and think at least three moves ahead as well as always having a supplementary AT piece with it at all times. You also have to have an escape route open at all times and retreat at no less than a third of your HP to *More or less* guarantee survival.

However, if you haven't clocked on already, this has the glaring issue of cutting down the unit cost effectiveness as you wont be either using it to it's full potential or squeezing all of it's HP worth out of it. The only reason I don't have vetted Pershings any more is because I prefer to fight to the death rather than preserve the vet. So long as all repair kits are used I don't mind in the slightest if the Pershing dies in combat.

Oh and Tym, your either full of shit or need to get out of the noob stomping. The Pershing faces more hard AT, but the Tiger faces more disablers. With the exception of the JagdPanther, the Pershing is capable of outrunning any target it cannot outgun - The Tiger does not have the same luxury. AI and AT performance are relatively equal when their targets and weapon performance are compared (Except when facing each other off)

I should know this considering I'm probably the most frequent user of Pershings in EiRR tbh. It'd be fair to say that there's only 1-2 other people that use them as frequently.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »

yh it happened to me when nearly every shot hit it and it was being a pain with reversing and driving forward was a death snetence with the wall of pak 40's there

was playin on st lambert, im suprised it didnt die any quicker than it did on that shit ass map

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:25 pm »

yet another reason st lambert needs to be removed.  Fail map is fail
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »

Tanks like the pershing are supposed to be annoying to vet up. It is doable, but it takes a lot of effort. Think about the King Tiger: it takes 750 xp to get to vet 3, but it's doable (even though it's ridiculous). Vetted pershings shouldn't be extremely common, but since the tank is pretty good, it is possible to run across a few vet 3's every now and then.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc