Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 06:25:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henchel Run  (Read 17863 times)
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:21 pm »

I answered your questions a while ago. Now, stop avoiding the real issue that you brought up yourself, which is, Can you easily maintain sight for a henshel run?You have said it yourself, that the answer is, yes, you can. And all you need is 3.

kthxbye
If you have a ketten out at the very location that you want to place a henschel then yes. You have a fairly easy ability to maintain sight. But thats the enemies fault for allowing you to run around with a cloaked ketten.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:53 am »

The monster I've created! I love it!

Just out of curiosity is it possible for the henchel to hit friendly units on accident?

I'd have to check the RGD's to confirm, but I'm 99% sure that it doesn't (Due to it being pretty damned accurate).

The only way I could see it feasibly happening is if a round hit a tank and you were close enough to be in the splash radius. However, I'd have to check the splash radius to see if that's possible in normal conditions.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 02:34:22 pm »

If you have a ketten out at the very location that you want to place a henschel then yes. You have a fairly easy ability to maintain sight. But thats the enemies fault for allowing you to run around with a cloaked ketten.
How the fuck do you see a cloaked ketten, its not like a sniper or a stormy or a fall, he doesnt need to uncloak to do his job, and he moves faster than all of those. The only way he gets revealed if the owner of the ketten is dumb enough to forget about him for a very prolonged amount of time. The fact of the matter is when you know theres a sniper/stomy that just did his job you know which general direction he is in. Then when a ketten does his job you sit there wondering "does he have a vampire hidden back there? Or did he run a schrimwaggen near me, or is he just watching stuff fall in FOW?" And then MAYBE when you decide "Ok its a cloaked ketten" You a very small idea which direction he is in, and you know if he can move away at a decent speed anyway.

"If you have a ketten out at the very location you want to place a henschel" Then you put him in that position by scouting. And guess who did that scouting. The ketten himself. And if not, its not hard to see some big ass trees and fences get run over, coupled with a somewhat distinct engine noise.

And now back to the ketten scouting for the henshel specifically, he only needs to keep sight for a few seconds. Good luck finding a cloaked ketten and killing it before the henshel has its way with it.

Just out of curiosity is it possible for the henchel to hit friendly units on accident?
Very unlikely, the henshel unlike most offmaps, actually targets units rather than blankets a area with firepower.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »

yes, i have used scout cars to block pershigns before, and lost 2-3 scout cars due to splash dmg, and the projectile hitting the scout car, instead of the pershing or unit its suppose to. 

Or if the scatter goes into a friendly unit.  UNlike Strafing run which does nothing to friendlies, in dmg or suppression.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »

The only thing strafing run does is suppress.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 06:04:16 pm »

The only thing strafing run does is suppress.
wrong.

Sometimes it gets shot down and kills a blob of Lionel's rangers.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 06:10:49 pm »

yes, i have used scout cars to block pershigns before, and lost 2-3 scout cars due to splash dmg, and the projectile hitting the scout car, instead of the pershing or unit its suppose to. 

Or if the scatter goes into a friendly unit.  UNlike Strafing run which does nothing to friendlies, in dmg or suppression.

Damn, Allies get all the luck! Their airstrikes don't penalize you for abusing a flaw in the vehicle movement system.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »

Damn, Allies get all the luck! Their airstrikes don't penalize you for abusing a flaw in the vehicle movement system.

Considering that most any other offmap does friendly dmg, hell even the stug does, an allied player can call strafing run ontop of his own units with no fear...
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »

Not exactly my point.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

Played against henchel 3 games in a row now.

Nothing wrong with it

-J

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:39 pm »

Yes, unfortunatly splash damage is extremely painful, but it will only kill the scoutcars when they are basicaly touching the target. Now on the projectile hitting the scout car? That should be a extremely rare occasion. A pershing in vehicle cover is still has a 86.4% chance of getting hit. Sure it didnt fly close enough to the pershing to where hes within his minimal range, and then he tried to shoot a ATG or something then it scattered off?

And yeah strafing run should get some FF. But to be fair precision strike hardly ever deals damage to friendlies due to how accurate it is.

But, neither of those excuses henshel from being OP.
Played against henchel 3 games in a row now.

Nothing wrong with it

-J
Didn't luft be one of your favorite coys. Im not too sure your not being biased.

Lets all remember that henshel deals 200 damage per shot, and has a 100% acc against most of his targets when they arn't in vehicle cover.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:59 pm »

Haven't played luft in 10-11 months.

Also, I just played 3 games where henchel failed to kill any of my tanks.

In my last game, I had a 70% health calliope with 2 kch squads sitting next to it. The calli was repairing, henchel got called on top of it... didn't even come close to killing it.

There were no other vehicles around.

That's just one anecdote, but in every game i've seen/been in I have yet to see it do an out-of-the-ordinary amount of damage for a t3 unlock.

I'm of the opinion that, in order to justify any change, fantastic evidence to support it must be provided.

So far no one has done that.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »

Haven't played luft in 10-11 months.

Also, I just played 3 games where henchel failed to kill any of my tanks.

In my last game, I had a 70% health calliope with 2 kch squads sitting next to it. The calli was repairing, henchel got called on top of it... didn't even come close to killing it.

There were no other vehicles around.

That's just one anecdote, but in every game i've seen/been in I have yet to see it do an out-of-the-ordinary amount of damage for a t3 unlock.

I'm of the opinion that, in order to justify any change, fantastic evidence to support it must be provided.

So far no one has done that.
Define "fantastic evidence" for me.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »

Define "fantastic evidence" for me.

A coherent, defensible and accurate demonstration that an abillity/unit is too powerful for its cost (doctrine unlock slot, price or otherwise).

Henchel is at best a slightly good offmap. I prefer earthshaker, v1 or firestorm personally but it's not bad.

Can you rely on it to kill tanks reliably? Unfortunately no. Can you rely on it to do a good deal of damage to a number of vehicles in an area? most of the time yes.

For a t3 that's about par for the course.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »

Not exactly my point.

that is exactly your point.

The fact that All off maps are NOT created or treated the same.  The Henchel Run is just more Bastardly then the other offmaps..

OH WAIT I WANT TO KIL INFANTRY WITH THE HENCHEL..... OH SHIT... CAN;T!!!!!!

Must make it do Shit all VS Tanks or LV right?  BEcaiuse it already can;t hit half of the reason to call in an Off map!!!!!!!!

You all are arguing against an Off map, Who in all Honesty, I have onlty ever seeen myself use and no one else.  No One takes it as a TEIR 3 OFF MAP..... Teir 3.... Thats right... I said TIER 3!  It should do some Damage sinc it can;t kill any infantry.  

"Ohhh i am goign to cry and whine because it killed my tanks"

ITS SUPPOSE TO KILL YOUR TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats like say Double Shrek Storms re doing to much damage to my pershing owhn its turned around!!!!  

Oh wait, this community does say that....  

Shit....
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 01:02:53 am »

wow wow wow, yes to maybe fs or earthshaker (def yes to rocket arty) but you rather have a v1 than henchel? i call bs!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2012, 01:53:53 am »

Puddin for universe president. Owning noobs with every post

+1 Puddin!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 09:53:13 am »

Shit....

Puddin wins.

/thread.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 01:52:30 pm »

I invested a lot in a specific doctrinal ability so therefore it should automatically kill everything!

On second thought, perhaps that's too legible...
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 06:38:13 pm »

On second thought, perhaps that's too legible...

Seems similar to people who run RCA or Infantry Arty...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc