Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:24:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wargame Airland Battle  (Read 39510 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 03:35:42 am »

Then there's all the non-renewable but crucial elements that we need for well, everything modern. One of the reasons Africa is still poor (there are many) is all the conflict minerals there.

And like Tig said, oil for plastic. Just such a shame that we waste so much of it on other things that could be replaced by other elements/energy sources.

One of the sole reasons Africa is still poor is that European nations have been exploiting the African continent and its people for centuries. And now China is doing it too, just in a more 'modern' way.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 04:13:59 am »

also overpopulation and agricultural problems.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 07:21:28 am »

*Looks at thread title*

*Looks at current discussion*

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 07:36:50 am »

Okay, let me bring it back around

ALB IS FUCKING AWESOME, SCREW PLAYING COH2

Priorities Grin

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 03:03:50 pm »

I'll be doing both.

Can't wait to use the Canadian units(ADATS gonna be so sexy).

I don't expect much in the way of tanks from Canada unfortunately(the Leo C1 is like a Leo 1a3/4) not to mention the logistical nightmare of having to get heavy armour across an ocean. But I'm sure the support vehicles, infantry and aircraft will acquit themselves well.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

Canadians are in. I want to get some games in tonight.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 03:23:46 pm »

Unfortunately I don't come back till the 5th. Is it a pre order access thing or open thing?

Are they running it through till release?(25 may?) or stopping it?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 03:36:27 pm »

Unfortunately I don't come back till the 5th. Is it a pre order access thing or open thing?

Preorder access, doesn't sound like its going to be stopped.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 03:43:30 pm »

I'll wait till I'm home, I get the discount for have W:EE
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »

They ran the EE beta pretty much up to release
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 01:14:35 am »

Anyone know how good it is? Tempted to get it, just not sure if it's just like the first one, but with jets and AAA.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 01:41:04 am »

The forums say its ally different. I know the weapon models and figures were overhauled.

People complain its not EE, then other people tell them to shove it cause it's better
mamidon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 01:27:51 pm »

I've played 2 games so far; I like it.  In EE, arty was really powerful; it could destroy tanks!  In AB, it seems just about right.  I can't blow up tanks and it doesn't instantly wipe out dug in infantry, but instead stuns units it hits.  This makes them much less accurate and slows their reloads.  Arty can also fire smoke which does what you'd expect.  In short, arty is no longer a killer in and of itself; now it's just a very useful tool to support an attack and I like it.

The other thing I've noticed is how they changed missile infantry.  It  used to be they were so innacurate that they'd fire a missile and miss and then get promptly blown away by one tank shell.  I'm not sure if they've boosted accuracy, but infantry now are much more durable against getting one shotted by tanks when dug in.  In short, dug in infantry aren't as vulnerable to a tank or arty shell as they used to be.  I like this too.

I'm still figuring out air combat, but it doesn't seem OP or UP.  I'd play more, but I really want to have replays and deck customization.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2013, 10:11:53 pm »

Liking the sound of those changes to infantry tbh, i enjoyed my pure infantry companies, but it was a massive uphill struggle just to get a few kills without being blown away by either arty or tanks. WAs still fun though, randomly charging french infantry into tanks and blowing those tanks away in forests Tongue
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 03:53:55 am »

LAW infartry with RPG's and the like are no longer super powered, it takes several hits from low end rpg's/laws to kill even a medium armored tank.

ATGM's used to take several accuarcy rolls during the course of it's flight (that's why it would randomly veer off sometimes). That has now been changed to a single roll in exchange for a little less power on most of them, certain high end ones aside.

Like the swedish Carl Gustav and RBS56, they'll rip even a T80 open
mamidon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »

Yeah, infantry don't insta-rape tanks anymore.  But they don't have to since they're much more survivable, I like it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 02:30:18 pm »

To be fair, the LAW isnt a very good weapon for fighting MBT's. It was initially designed to fight infantry and fortifications. The initial rollouts were plagued with arming and detonation issues and it's only supposed to deter IFV's from advancing.

Something like an ATGM or even the Carl Gustav I would expect to perform significantly better against tanks. Still I imagine LAW's could do some damage to rear and side armour in a town.

I hear a lot of complaints about forests not offering cover to infantry, what's up with that? Everyone complains it takes less hits to kill squads in forests then the open.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »

that doesn't make sense... maybe the inf gets more clustered in the forest?

I mean, it does offer significant cover from sight, you can barely spot inf before they're within LAW range even with recon in a forest, that's cover enough in my book.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2013, 04:18:15 pm »

While wood splinters can be an issue, it's not a serious consideration. Artillery has to air burst and tanks would have to hit the trees.

I think part of the issue is that unless infantry in wargame get into a city or district they don't spread out. Every basic soldier knows how important spacing is.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 06:34:37 pm »

Finding cover in the open isn't that hard either, as long as it's not something like a street....lots of undulations in the ground usually.

Anyway, I haven't noticed it too much. Usually infantry races to buildings to hold there, I deploy some to the forests as well to form choke points or scout.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc