Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 11:25:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tanks, fuel  (Read 5792 times)
ALLiDOisWIN Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 14, 2012, 01:01:03 am »

As i have been playing a bit more OMG i thought to myself.. What if eirr had less fuel? I think game play would be a bit more fun TBH. like if we started out with 1200 fuel and had a chance to get at least 1400 fuel with resource bonuses. And maybe even go with only being able to have a maximum of one Pershing and tiger and panther... Those are my thoughts, let me know what you guys think   
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 01:16:46 am »

we had this discussion on a smaller base already. The conclusion was that less fuel would cripple PE coz they rely alot on vehicles killing as an example allied elite infantry. Elite inf would win with a fuel reduction + very good buffed infantry...and we all know that the fractions have infantry buffs to a different degree.

you have to adjust not only fuel then but also for balance sake alot of different other things.

PS: although u are right, with the ressource points we can field 4 sherman jumbos right now (if iam right), so hmm maybe a smaller decrease might be positive...but radical reduction will cause more problems i guess.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:19:21 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
ALLiDOisWIN Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:22:10 am »

yes you are right, just annoying to see 3 panthers or 2 panthers and a tiger... Like who has at for that shit
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:02 am »

Really...you don't have enough AT to deal with that?

ALLiDOisWIN Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 02:52:16 am »

i have an average of 4 ATGs and like an hellcat or something
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 04:32:08 am »

The conclusion was that less fuel would cripple PE coz they rely alot on vehicles killing

then simply give them ATG,lol,so they don't have to spend most of their fuel on AT.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 05:17:28 am »

Additionally they need a doctrine independent crowd control unit to be able to handle the more infantry based metagame. But maybe we can give them back the soldier armour, but it's possible that this will result in mercyless PE blobbing.. .

9th Armoured Engineers
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 05:42:04 am »

you blob vs allies and you are just asking to get that arty/callie barrage right into middle of your blob Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 05:46:43 am »

dont compare OMG and EIRR, it different play styles, if u reduce fuel at current meta axis will be doomed cuz of arty and amount of inf allies can get

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 06:16:23 am »

then nerf allies
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20:14 am »

As i have been playing a bit more OMG i thought to myself.. What if eirr had less fuel? I think game play would be a bit more fun TBH. like if we started out with 1200 fuel and had a chance to get at least 1400 fuel with resource bonuses. And maybe even go with only being able to have a maximum of one Pershing and tiger and panther... Those are my thoughts, let me know what you guys think   

Increase Manpwoer and munitions. 

The current problem is not reducing,its expanding.  Armies are so increadably small that people lose somethign and it leaves a massive gap in their army.  Meanwhile if they were able to have a little bit more, it would help stem the tide of vbehicles. 

Let the customability live, and let it expand.  Reducing it chokes the game

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 07:31:15 am »

i agree with pudding, having the variety of say the blitzkerig mods units would make this game unrivaled.
and would allow for more themed companies further immersing gameplay

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:00 am »

Increase Manpwoer and munitions. 

The current problem is not reducing,its expanding.  Armies are so increadably small that people lose somethign and it leaves a massive gap in their army.  Meanwhile if they were able to have a little bit more, it would help stem the tide of vbehicles. 

Let the customability live, and let it expand.  Reducing it chokes the game

i disagree!

we already reach playtimes of 30 to 40 min in a 3v3 and over 1 hour in a 4v4. With more ressources, it will take longer. And also in this way the PE player is crippled because he has still not a comparable good infantry he can rely on...

I see the same problems with fuel there, only an increase wont be the only thing u have to do/adjust.

+ u have to adjust pools of the units too
dailydose Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:57 am »

If decreasing fuel will cripple PE players, why not lower everyone's fuel except PE's?

You can easily implement this through the advantages section. For example, if you lower everyone's base fuel by 300, give PE extra advantage points which automatically go to Fuel, cancelling out the base fuel reduction for PE. If you can't give extra advantages point for PE without giving it everyone else for code reasons, then you can create a "dummy" advantage which gives no benefits, and assign the extra advantage points of non-PE players to the dummy.

dailydose

Stop with the walls of text......lol
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 11:26:20 am »

If decreasing fuel will cripple PE players, why not lower everyone's fuel except PE's?

You can easily implement this through the advantages section. For example, if you lower everyone's base fuel by 300, give PE extra advantage points which automatically go to Fuel, cancelling out the base fuel reduction for PE. If you can't give extra advantages point for PE without giving it everyone else for code reasons, then you can create a "dummy" advantage which gives no benefits, and assign the extra advantage points of non-PE players to the dummy.

The launcher doesnt work this way. It might potentially in the future but it doesnt now.

The best solution would be to lower starting fuel and then lowering fuel costs for PE units.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 12:06:23 pm »

reduce FU and simply reduce FU cost of PE stuff.

i dont think a big reduction is necessary, but it needs to be reduced by at least 100, 200 would be better I think though.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 12:41:09 pm »

reduce FU and simply reduce FU cost of PE stuff.

i dont think a big reduction is necessary, but it needs to be reduced by at least 100, 200 would be better I think though.

Reduce Mu and Manpower too, to prevent people from spamming infantry and support options.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »

Yeah coys with more than 10 units just make for too long games.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 01:19:32 pm »

It's true, a Fu decrease would require AT assets to raise in cost by an equivalent percentage...basically, you would see less vehicles, but less AT as well.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »

Actually im totally with Puddin. If stuff goes on like this well be playing EIRR:Commandos soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc