Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Debate - USA  (Read 79861 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2012, 05:37:16 pm »

Just thought I would pop in and thank everyone for keeping this topic somewhat respectable.

Politics can be a hot subject and often turn into personal attacks. It hasn't!!!

Thanks everyone.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 05:43:54 pm »

How would America force down Canada though? They'd need someone else to fight the war for the first 3/4, or else they'd get bad publicity and have to pull out with the job unfinished.

The key to a successful war is to not worry about publicity, and to actually wage a war to win it, by destroying your opposition.

The reason the US has issues is because we worry too much about opinion, and try not to kill civilians as much as is possible. If this was not an issue there wouldn't be anything left of an opposing nation to keep fighting.

HellTrooper Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 05:56:28 pm »

Well, I'm a mortgage broker. I'd like to point out that Romney has said in each debate that he is interested in rolling back the Dodd Frank regulations halfway. While these regulations were needed, they are no longer needed. So, I voted for Obama and now I'm voting for Romney.

Greg, San Diego Cali
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:23 pm »

Wait, so regulation is only needed until the financial companies sort their game out? And what will stop them from doing THE EXACT SAME THING, you know the thing we are trying to prevent them from doing, so they don't destroy the economy like they did in 2007? Proper regulation is the only thing between Wall street and the next financial meltdown, to be honest.

Agreed, let the world rot. We should stop exporting our foodstuffs so that we can make more room for internal industry and use our own oil reserves.
A lot of the food the US and other nations are so generously 'donating' to other countries is actually food they can't sell in the home market... Companies usually receive subsidies (or tax deductions) for giving it away abroad. And giving it away or selling it for nearly no money sure is better than destroying it... (Although it could rightly be argued that these 'dumping policies' destroy local food economies, since people become dependent on foreign aid and local farmers can't compete with cheap american or european products)

Perception is everything of course, and we sure spinned that son of a b*tch to make ourselves look good.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:07:58 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »

Well, I'm a mortgage broker. I'd like to point out that Romney has said in each debate that he is interested in rolling back the Dodd Frank regulations halfway. While these regulations were needed, they are no longer needed. So, I voted for Obama and now I'm voting for Romney.

That is a very scary thought to be honest. It was the lack of those regulations that greatly contributed to the worst recession since the great depression. Why would you want that removed?

That's like saying "Hey, we stopped storing the matches with the gasoline after that explosion, but there hasn't been any explosions lately, so I put the matches back".
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »

Deregulation is part of the reason why the economy is in the state that it is now. As Unknown pointed out, what will stop or avert another meltown? If  it hadn't been for govt. intervention, at least one of the large banks would have gone down and the entire economy with it. What is needed is a return to the Depression Era regulations that safeguarded the economy from reckless behavior.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »

There's of course a careful balance to be struck between regulation and over-regulation. Not to mention that simplicity is key, and unfortunately that's not something lawmakere (in any nation really) are generally good at, lol.

How would America force down Canada though? They'd need someone else to fight the war for the first 3/4, or else they'd get bad publicity and have to pull out with the job unfinished.
I firmly believe Canada is going to become one of this world's great powers eventually. (In a world with shrinking oil reserves, global warming and good chances of a declining or non-interventionist US course) They have the needed political, military and economic potential for it. It won't be a super power, but I reckon it'll be one of the big powers of the next century, provided humans make it that far in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:17:23 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »

I become more involved in poltics, quite frankly niether candiante is a close even O.K. The middle class is going to be killed by Obama, and Romeny doesn't make much sense with his policies ,the next 4 years are going to a be the worst with either choice...
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2012, 06:41:58 pm »

I firmly believe Canada is going to become one of this world's great powers eventually.

Worldwide Proven Oil Reserves as reported in the World Oil Report, (amounts in billions of barrels): Information is about 4 years old, but still very relevant.

Saudi Arabia 267
Canada 178
Iran 132
Iraq 115
Kuwait 104
United Arab Emirates 98
Venezuela 80
Russia 60
Libya 39
Nigeria 36
USA 21
China 18
Qatar 15
Mexico 13
Algeria 11
Brazil 11
Kazakhstan 9
Norway 8
Azerbaijan 7
India 6
Oman 5
Angola 5
Ecuador 4
Indonesia 4
United Kingdom 4

But.......
Canada's "oil" is trapped in oil sands. It's 3x more costly to extract oil from oil sands than by drilling for it.

I think this is the only reason the Republicans have not found a 'WMD" reason to invade Canada.....lol
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2012, 07:12:51 pm »

snip....... Then you have the tax  increases going up which definitely doesn't give incentives for people to hire, especially publicly traded companies who look for every and each way to minimize costs.

You have been given some very misinformed information:

The Feds latest flow of funds report showed that American non-financial companies held $1.7 trillion in liquid assets at the end of March. But newly released IRS figures show that in 2009 these companies held 5.13 trillion in liquid assets, in today's dollars.

Companies ARE NOT using their tax break earned dollars to hire or train new people. They are hoarding their cash. Believe me, I am one of those companies (in Canadian terms).

Because of the recession, myself and other companies are saving our money "just in case".
I have openly stated in another thread that the government should be raising the taxes on corporations (as well as closing loop holes) and reducing taxes on the middle class.

So here's the math (fuck me there's a lot of zeros in a trillion)

If the taxes on large companies was raised by a measly 5%, that would bring in 2.5 Billion in tax dollars per year

I have no idea how much tax money is brought in by people making less than 100K per year and I am unable to find that information. But I have to assume that we could greatly reduce middle class taxes and have that made up with the 2.5B sitting in reserves doing fuck all.

Ask yourself this question: If you paid 500.00 less in taxes this year, would you horde it or spend it? I would be willing to bet that amount of money that most middle class people would spend it. Spending it means you are buying product from a business. That business buys it from another and so on. This creates economic growth - thus creating jobs.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2012, 07:46:28 pm »

This is not about an armed conflict between the US and China, remove that from your heads. Its the support given to regions which makes governments pledge support to those countries, that includes trade and foriegn policy which are the most important factors of every government in the world. So please, stop mentioning wars that china woll encourage and shit. This is about who you feel safest with. Americas prescense in asia is what some believe, and what I believe, keep the region stable. I live in this region, and I do feel safe with american bases on the north coasts of australia. If america pulled out, forgetting the relationships we forged with eachother, then I wouldnt have a problem with supporting china, if they are willing to take over the role that america once had, then let them, they are the 2nd most influential powrt in the pacific region. You would be stupid or patriotic to support a non existent country. With all this support, china will over shadow america so economically and politically, china will be more important then america.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2012, 04:00:45 am »

Just to point out, the immigration of different nations from Europe have several reasons, BUT religions prosecution, had a lot less to do with it. Fact is that the "pillgrims" that landed in the 1700-1800 went to the US in order to establish a more firm and strict religious state.

The nations in Europe had started to become to liberal for theses people so they went to the us in order to have a society where they could freely persecute someone by the great LAW that is the Bible Tongue Its actually rather that the US know for having its famous bible belt and general funny nut jobs has apart of its founding pillar religious nut jobs who found the laws to relaxed and liberal ;P

The Swedish and Norwegian emigrants had reasons that where similar to the Irish which was famine.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2012, 04:02:42 am »

The key to a successful war is to not worry about publicity, and to actually wage a war to win it, by destroying your opposition.

The reason the US has issues is because we worry too much about opinion, and try not to kill civilians as much as is possible. If this was not an issue there wouldn't be anything left of an opposing nation to keep fighting.

You are wrong about this one.

I mean, have you even heard about the Vietnam war?

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:01 am »

Talk aside, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpCrcMF5Ps
As I was saying, American politics, A grade entertainment!

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2012, 06:17:37 am »

This is my new favorite video about the presidential debates, watch and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thejuicemedia

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 09:45:42 am »

Terrapins I don't know what kind of fantasy land you live in but I'm here in the real world. In the real world my fathers company had to pay another company to figure out what the fuck does this health care bill mean because there lawyers couldn't tell them. So they needed to hire an expert on what the costs would be to them. Further more if you would like to see my health care bill I can post it because it definitely went up by $120 dollars a year. I talked to an insurance agent the other day about maybe I could get another plan and he pretty much said all insurance companies are raising premiums due to Obama care. You can refute the facts, sure whatever you do in health might have made your day easier but surely made costs rise for us all. I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.

Here is an excellent video on why we can not balance the budget: http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

A fun video on health care bill(congressman Mike Rogers): http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=G44NCvNDLfc

Congressman Allen West insights: http://www.youtube.com/embed/dXi4l4q6Aho?feature=player_embedded

A 20 min video on very pissed off CIA, Special forces, FBI officials/Operatives about the Obama administrations failure to keep national secrets: http://www.youtube.com/v/X-Xfti7qtT0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

O and some fail promises of Obama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FqKnVr3I9q8
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:47:38 am by Jodomar » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 09:59:25 am »

well, now we know why Jodomar acts the way he does, he watches faux news, the biggest propaganda, hype machine in america.

I'll never say Obama has done everything right but when I see the other party do everything in their power to make sure NOTHING he wants done to be done, how can I trust anything that they say?

the GOP cares more about being in power and having things go their way, than the American people.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:03:00 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

Here is an excellent video on why we can not balance the budget: http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

A fun video on health care bill(congressman Mike Rogers): http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=G44NCvNDLfc

Congressman Allen West insights: http://www.youtube.com/embed/dXi4l4q6Aho?feature=player_embedded

A 20 min video on very pissed off CIA, Special forces, FBI officials/Operatives about the Obama administrations failure to keep national secrets: http://www.youtube.com/v/X-Xfti7qtT0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

O and some fail promises of Obama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FqKnVr3I9q8

1st Video: This is an awesome video clearly showing how the budget can not be balanced with out massive changes to the system. It also clearly shows how the USA deficit massively spiked between 2001 and 2009. From 6 trillion to 10 trillion. As clearly stated in this video, the deficit continues to grow out of control largely in part to the massive interest on the deficit Georgy dubba Bush left behind......a Republican

I also find it ironic that the short-come in the deficit (1 trillion according to your video) is equal to the information I posted here:
The Feds latest flow of funds report showed that American non-financial companies held $1.7 trillion in liquid assets at the end of March. But newly released IRS figures show that in 2009 these companies held 5.13 trillion in liquid assets, in today's dollars.
Once again emphasizing the fact that they need to start raising the taxes on corporations.

2nd video

Another great video twisting a dire situation into a political agenda. Something both the Democrats and the Republicans are guilty of. Communist rhetoric aside, the biggest point he brought up to try and validate his argument was food stamps. He quoted a massive increase in food stamp usage as an example of building a welfare state.

What he fails to discuss is WHY is there a massive increase in food stamp usage. The answer is so simple it's comical. Your country is trying to recover from the biggest recession since the great depression. Add to that a 10 trillion deficit passed on by the republicans and your gunna have people of food stamps.

It took 8 years for Bush to sink your country. Did you really think Obama could totally reverse that in 4 years? Do you really think Romney can get rid of the deficit and reverse your recession in 4 years? NO ONE is going to fix that cluster fuck in 4 years.....lol

3rd video

Someone went to a lot of expense to put his video together.....
Yup, there has been too many military leaks...... period. During the bush administration Leaks such as these:
http://archive.truthout.org/article/bush-administration-is-focus-inquiry
Are perfect example of how people should keep their mouths shut. I agree that there has been more during Obama's administration and they need to get that shit fixed.
I find it ironic that the director of the FBI - Robert S Mueller, is a republican.......

Bush had less leaks, but he took intelligence advice that put the world at war for weapons of mass destruction that did not exist..... I think I would rather have a few leaks and no war thanks.

Romney, if elected, will put your country at war with Iran in less than a year. What do you think is going to happen to your deficit when that happens?

4th Video

sigh........ just typical political propaganda bullshit. Both side make these dumbass videos that waste our time.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 11:13:02 am »

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.

Epic post, gotta sig this.

Please keep the gold rollin'

btw just out of curiosity, which communist news networks would that be? Pravda? Krasnaja Zvezda?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:20:31 am by Sachaztan » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2012, 11:24:31 am »

Lol communism, according to Jodomar in iceland even the right are communists.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc