Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 05:38:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: calli balance Red stuff are the nerf suggestions  (Read 13402 times)
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 29, 2012, 12:16:29 pm »

hi guys,

i just played a game on allies side. AND what should i say.... i was wrong!!! balance is actually fine.

I just used calliope and yeah its cool. Its has a good armor, a main gun, a very strong barrage and that all for a t2 unlock!!! + a t4 Special!!! yeah thats cool!!! times are over when i was using my t3 unlock "hummel" + t4 Chem fire. and i was getting the same amount of kills and the calli can defend himself!!!

BLA BLA stop complaining what do u suggest?

i suggest to reduce the size of the barrage by 25% and increase reload by 30 sec
further i suggest to change the current t4's
one t4 activates the main gun
another t4 decreases reload (by 30 secs)
and the last increases the amount of shells by 25%

ARE U NUTS???

YES i am !!! but the point is the following:
a t3 should have a massive impact on the playstyle. right? ok, a hummel has that impact. its offers the PE the option to trench in, and to hit without bringing own units in danger.
Well the point is that the calli offers the same option. mmmkay and where is the problem? well its a t2, with better armor and an equally strong barrage, actually the Barrage is by far better.
WHY???
cause you can hit vehicles easier, than with the hummel. while u can hit with hummel basically only infantry and stationary weapons(like atg). Calli barrage covers a big area, fly very quick and shoots a lot shells.
thats the reason why i want to reduce the amount of shells of the calli.

Okay lets consider also the doctrine specialization.
Armor middle t4 vs SE middle t4 (cause reload reduction)
the calli gets the possibility to fight between barrage reload and to defend himself.
Well the hummel can shoot more often, hmm nice. y really nice. but just not as nice as a main gun, on a good armor basis.

To summarize it: was honestly shocked after the game, the axis team was by far better. and  THEY LOST! basically because a t2 unlock + a t4 special. that was to powerful.
(i could also raise other balance issues but the calli enabling a whole new playstyle as a t2 and being to effective was the main point)

cu after my ban

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

The calliope Barrage is already one of the worst barrages in the game, better only than the Walking Stuka and the regular Neb.

The problem isn't the calliope, the problem is the most retarded T4 in existence that you used. Try using a calliope-based company with literally ANY OTHER T4 or dual T3 combo and you'll never want to use the damn thing again.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »

The calliope Barrage is already one of the worst barrages in the game, better only than the Walking Stuka and the regular Neb.

The problem isn't the calliope, the problem is the most retarded T4 in existence that you used. Try using a calliope-based company with literally ANY OTHER T4 or dual T3 combo and you'll never want to use the damn thing again.

+1 this is absolutely true. you'll get rid of the calli so fast with other doctrines it's silly.

in fact if it weren't for this T4 you'd be lobbying to get the calli reduced to 10 pop because of how useless it is. what they should do is give HVAP calli it's main, then keep the less damage and tank crits for USK. I feel the buffs would be more spread that way, and only the most skilled players would be able to keep a front line calli operating, since it would get a damaged engine so easily.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:02:35 pm »

well ok if you say that calli barrage sucks, than give me one time a calli for my pe coy instead of hummel
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:24:24 pm »

I think that's a very big understatement. It's probably one of the best artillery barrages in the game. It hits everything in it's large barrage radius, kills most soldiers with a single rocket and on top of that it has tank armor. So in terms of how many units a barrage can kill and large radius it's almost on par with the Hummel incendiary barrage and the Creeping Barrage but much better than the regular 105/25pdr or nebel barrages.

The calliope with the T4 is basically like if the Hummel incendiary was also a Panzer IV. You'd never have to plan ahead or protect your unit because it would be able to defend itself and even act as a tank on top of the already effective artillery barrage.

The main gun needs to go, it's not balanced. The T4 already gives Shermans one of the most effective AI abilities in the game, the HE rounds.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:59:00 pm »

It hits everything in it's large barrage radius
The barrage radius is smaller than any other artillery in the game (at equal ranges), and the only way it covers it all with any meaning is if it's firing "shot-gun". A barage circle so small that most tanks can get out of it after being hit by 3-4 rockets, and for any infantry the saturation is simply pointless.

kills most soldiers with a single rocket
*Has a very low chance of one-hitting HMG and mortar crew-men, and at a stretch - completely unvetted volks/luftwaffe inf with 0 cover. Literally nothing else in the axis army can be one-hit killed by the cali rocket, and will require two rockets to be killed - something not very likely to happen unless the infantry user has no idea how to handle being baraged by a cali(dodge to the side, or if already caught badly in the barrage - stay perfectly still. The spread of the rockets will ensure survival). Otherwise they can just heal up after being hit.

A cali needs to hit the same tank 5-7 times in order to deal the same damage as a single hummel shell - incendiary or not. The only vehicle that is likely to take that many shots from the cali is a recently locked-down marder.

The main gun needs to go, it's not balanced. The T4 already gives Shermans one of the most effective AI abilities in the game, the HE rounds.

Did you even read the part where I said the T4 was fucking stupid?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:03:12 pm by Mysthalin » Logged
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 03:36:49 pm »

i swear what your saying myst cannot be right, i find calli very effective against all support units, for 12 pop calli with main gun is awesome but yes if it doesn't have it, should only be 10pop.

if i recall the barrage spread is long but not wide, to evade it was best always going to the sides rather than retreating backwards.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:28 pm »

Which bit doesn't seem right to you?

People need to stop trying to nerf the base unit when it's the doctrine ability that is stupid. The base unit needs a buff, rather than anything else - and the T4 needs a spiked dildo up it's ass.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »

honestly for a tank sometimes retreating forward towards the calli works quite well too because most of the rockets will just fly over you.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:26 pm »

Try using a calliope-based company with literally ANY OTHER T4 or dual T3 combo and you'll never want to use the damn thing again.
+1

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »

This thread is why people smile when they see ick typing in chat in games when there is a calliope on the field.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
LiquiDeath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 01:20:06 am »

game was shitty. 4 calis in 3v3 in same time!  waste of time. It is on par on ally ability to have 4 Jumbos in coy, yet you can have max 2 panthers, and PE loading in HT is still not fixed year later... oh dear EIR...

cali is some superman unit, AI + semiAT tank with cool blob control and artillery to boot, add in some def smoke for when all of this is insufficient, maybe even 2x repairs on move... seriously 4 calis in 3v3 is not fun and I would like to se some hardcaps implemented for ally side too

/will automatically drop next time

Panzershreck, time to unpimp zis ride!
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 01:28:41 am »

on the units starting loaded, ive noticed that its a mod wide problem not just axis, nothing seems to start in the bren carrier either.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
LiquiDeath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 01:38:38 am »

yet for PE is loading crucial, even if your good at micro - its like 3 seconds and your clown car cannot go direct after cali, marders and whole axis flank get shreded in 4 possible directional barrages (1 cali fires, second player with cali piques interst fires where it might go, 3rd cali some alternate way, you get the idea)...

is this acceptable gameplay? or some harcap in order like only 1 jagd, kt on field, or 3 max calis for 3v3, 4 for 4v4 on field?
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 01:47:27 am »

i suppose its just the risk of facing 4x americans that there all armor with callies.
same as facing all pe that are tank busters
LiquiDeath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 01:51:16 am »

you know it was 3v3.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 02:21:13 am »

had awesome 3v3 vs 6 callies and 4 jumbos + shitload of atg, riflemens and rangers GG axis

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 04:27:27 am »

mysth is absolutely right, the standard unit calliope is freaking useless without any doc buff except the mid tier 4. Its worse than other arty units in the game with 12 pop doing nothing on the field but barraging sometimes. Hummel and priest and others have 10 pop, but personally u can hit with all the arty units once before the target is moving out of the fireline usually. Sometimes its harder with the hummel to hit something then with the calli coz calli has spread.

But with the mid tier 4 u have actually a sherman with the ability to barrage shit. Its like giving the hummel the nashorn gun... or the 88 arty lol

Personally units with the arty ability should never be able to defend themselves. the calli and the 88 can do so with the right doc buff, and that should be removed.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:29:18 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 05:14:41 am »

But with the mid tier 4 u have actually a sherman with the ability to barrage shit. Its like giving the hummel the nashorn gun... or the 88 arty lol

+1
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:35 am »

Personally units with the arty ability should never be able to defend themselves. the calli and the 88 can do so with the right doc buff, and that should be removed.

Personally is not the general consensus of the mod forum, just because the cali bites back and you cant kill it with a single schreck squad doesnt mean its broken or needs main gun removed.

any axis armor makes the cali retreat even P4's

any axis armor screening a squad of screcks seems to force the cali inot a corner which it usually does not come out of
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc