Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:10:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goliath  (Read 33337 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51:35 pm »

yes, but should you be able to trade off persistancy in a persistant game to this extent ?

Also add vet for mine kills to the unit that deployed the mine

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ALLiDOisWIN Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2012, 10:58:19 pm »

Who the fuck wants vet 3 pios?...
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:35 am »

i do agree on this two points:

1. Its a high risk company build (spam golis). with the right company to counter golispam u gonna win easily and golispam gets fucked (coz of missing AT power to face as an example mass amouts of fast m8s or vehicles), so golispam is not super op. Only if u have a company with infantry, supportweapons and such.

But if i counter with vehicles, is the population as fair to me as it is to the golis?

2. It is obvious and should be to every good player, that golis are right now too cost effective. With ur starting callin panther + pio flamer goli + pio flamer goli + another 5 pop for inf support or other units, u have a greater firepower than every other allied company with the gollis in mind. Those 2 1pop golis are in the pop efficient case unfair compared to other companies regarding their possible effect (taking out the supportweapons like atgs to make it easily possible to break through).

What i suggest is not price increase or sth, but to raise pop to 3. Its in line with the units u easily kill with the golis: mgs, mortars
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:43:15 am by hans » Logged

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 01:43:30 am »

ugh not pool, pop  Undecided
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 10:20:58 am »

I think smokaz made a very valid point of players wanting to face investment and persists on same lvl.

Ty for that smookie^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2012, 08:14:48 am »

get rid of the goliath completely, end rant

k thanx bye

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 08:24:36 am »

Grin

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2012, 11:21:31 am »

Nothing wrong with goliaths.

It's just another example of a "annoying" strategy that upsets the delicate sensibilities of how most of EiR's playerbase wants to play: with their favourite little companies, in their preferred way, on their terms.

Any time some kind of unconventional but effective (against the unprepared) tactic comes into play, we get the same posts and the same complaints:

"Oh, it's not that I can't counter it. It's just that it's way too cost effective and it's BORING. It takes no skill!"

Translation: I want to play with my nice little army mans and set up my nice lines and then have the enemy play according to the rules in my head. If his company composition requires me to have to take drastic action to be competitive in game, TO THE BALANCE FORUMS!!!!

THIS! +1

I think you actually make a point for why goliath spam isn't a problem: it hurts the person who uses it to some degree. They have to sacrifice the opportunity to gain vet while taking a high risk in order to run it.

You trade off persistency advantages for an advantage in a specific game.

And THIS!

Smokaz has been saying something which is so true and applies here aswell: people don't want to adapt, and they feel very bad when they get caught outside of their comfort zone. So what does the one do who just get caught outside of his comfort zone: COMPLAIN, blames the tactic, the system, tries to bring up totally stupid and invalid arugments to justify his truth. People who say that goliaths take no skill and easy to use are just fucking hilarious. They compplain that it's OP, they want it removed, yet they fail to use it properly....

get rid of the goliath completely, end rant

k thanx bye

*Sigh*.. -.-
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 11:51:08 am »

hmm close it?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 12:01:19 pm »

hans comes to thread, says stupid thing and goes away.. than he feels so good

and leave golis as it is now at price, maybe increase target priority vs them, any other sort of nerfing is not needed in my opinion
like Mysth said before, any price increase will not solve problem just will make other problem to born

and most guys are just blobing and atacking with tanks without support, that makes eassy targets to take on with golis, change ur game logic and u guys will be ok facing golis, i have not seen good players QQing about golis being OP..
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »

"Oh, it's not that I can't counter it. It's just that it's way too cost effective and it's BORING. It takes no skill!"

That's not really true. The problem isn't that that it takes no skill. The problem is that there are virtually no effective counters to them.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 01:04:19 pm »

Goliath spam, mine spam, sniper spam, lv spam, all pop up now and again then go away. Wind is right, it's called the meta game. As soon as you adjust these companies will stop being viable. I learned that when I spammed retarded things that you can only really do it for a few games before a counter arises or they know what to expect. Yes these types of companies are extremely frustrating to play against but absolutely hilarious to play with. Sometimes you just need to break up the monotony with retarded companies for the luls.

Things that counter goliaths:

Jeeps
mortars
mg's
baazoka's
mines
barbwire
sandbags
scout ahead for atg

Still makes for a frustrating game but one that you can still win
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 01:14:37 pm »

I found that fire gives goliaths a quick damaged engine. So crocs at a distance do well.

If target priorities are fixed, and goliaths take out from LV pool rather than infantry I think would be a good start.

I haven't gone up against it in a little while, so I don't know how effective counters I've gotten ready will do.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 01:22:47 pm »

Jodomar, those are only units that CAN kill a goliath, they are not counters and most of the time will get blown to bits, even if you are prepared for them coming. A Jeep can kill a Grenadier squad, that doesn't mean that it's an effective counter against Grenadiers

The units that you suggested are very inconsistent and inaccurate weapons. All the goliath player would have to is just flank around a little bit and they're useless because they're too slow.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 01:25:44 pm »

Why doesn't blitz ability work on goliath,its a unit so it should be able to get blitz effect.i yried yesterday and my goliath didn't go fast but other units did .

And stop talking about goliath,it is a sucide unit with no sight , it needs a lot of luck micro to use it as well. It eats all ur resources and its a only one use so its either OP or FAIL.

Don't spam in mass and goliath can't hurt u so bad ,spread ur units and goliath spMmer will hard time killing anything,and use mines on roads and flaks.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 01:51:16 pm »

Why doesn't blitz ability work on goliath,its a unit so it should be able to get blitz effect.i yried yesterday and my goliath didn't go fast but other units did .

And stop talking about goliath,it is a sucide unit with no sight , it needs a lot of luck micro to use it as well. It eats all ur resources and its a only one use so its either OP or FAIL.

Don't spam in mass and goliath can't hurt u so bad ,spread ur units and goliath spMmer will hard time killing anything,and use mines on roads and flaks.

i do have to say the amount of LOL if blitz worked on golis. i want to know if officer buff can work on it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 01:54:12 pm »

Any time some kind of unconventional but effective (against the unprepared) tactic comes into play, we get the same posts and the same complaints:

Yes, because if someone can build a company with only one type of unit and excel then there's obviously a problem with that unit. There difference is that Light Vehicles for example have limited effectiveness, they are not good against all units and there are counters, for example the Panther. But the Goliath is effective against all units, is only one pop and has extremely few consistent counters, rebuilding your company isn't going to help. You need very specific doctrine buffs and units to be the least bit prepared.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 02:12:09 pm »

Suicide mine laying m8>panther

If you build wire around your shit the goli will be like :/ Sad

Also, if you find yourself being attacked by goliaths on one side go to the other an wipe out his team mates. It makes the goli's a lot harder to use when you have to run them to the other side of the battle.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 02:45:32 pm »

Things that counter goliaths:

mortars
mg's
barbwire
sandbags

Still makes for a frustrating game but one that you can still win

lol  Grin
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 03:07:52 pm »

Tig, you are just repeating the arguments that have already been bought up... This thread should be locked, since we already had our debate and no one magaged to persuade the other side... I'm pretty sure it is going to get nerfed due to massive QQ.. God, if you had invested half the effort into fiding the solution to goliath spam rather than complaining about it, you would have surely come up with a perfect counter. But as I already mentioned, no one wants to get out of his/her comfort zone. Smiley

PS: Just for you to know: new tactics, company builts will rise which will put you out of your comfort zone,"the cycle must continue", and there is nothing you can do about it.. at least complaining won't help much. Instead of that, you should start fiding solutions Wink

Sincerely,
Rolc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc