Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:51:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTI 88 TACITCS  (Read 5745 times)
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 11, 2012, 05:39:37 am »

Ladies and gentlemen,

there are a lot of allied players having problems to handle an 88. So i want to discuss tactics to get rid of the axis 88.

Usually the 88 is part of a whole defensive line. So it is usually secured with at least one mg or an ostwind and a medbunker.

So what to do?
sniper? - no they just reman it. you can
mortar? - "    "     "     "        "
pak? - well yes but it gets also hit by the 88. maximum 3 shots and your at gun is gone. So if you want to do that, do it at least with 2 atg at the same time.  10 pop to kill 8 pop is acceptable.
arty? - classic solution, will take at least 2 barrages, but it will work
mortar + airborne? - use a mortar to drop smoke, to avoid the mg fire. go in with the airborne - satchel - BÄNG
roflemen / rangers spam - well this works for roflemen and rangers, get smoke (with granates or mortar) - zooks  or caputre it with roflemen. for this u need at least 4 roflemen or rangers, cause u really go to overwhelm your opponent.

please feel free to add new tactics.

Best one?

Wait for him to fire 88 arty, rush in with your tanks, it's dead.

88's Really aren't that difficult to deal with.

Problems only really arise in one of two situations:

1. Your enemy has had ample time to set up the perfect defence complete with choke points, perfectly positioned HMG's/mines/obstacles and supporting units. Typically speaking, were talking a solid 8-10 minutes to put this together as it requires a concerted effort by the entire enemy team. Allowing the enemy to do this is typically the Allies fault. The only exception would be 2-4 Axis players who are exceptionally coordinated and have pre-arranged a "perfect" defence which can be set up within a 3-4 minute defence timer.

2. Your team lacks the required tools for the job. This means that nobody on your team has any Snipers, flank-capable infantry, mortars, artillery, smoke offmaps/onmaps, and the likes. The only time you'll regularly see this happen is near the end of a game when resources are running dry OR the Allied team REALLY wasn't expecting 88's.

IF  you want to infantry rush consider this:
its all fun and games untill a goli fucks u up

Spread your infantry out?  Rush with at least 4 squads spread across a screen or a screen and a half in an arc, goli can only get 1 MAYBE 1.5.  Leaves plenty to do the job.

(for the new ones goli = goliath)

ps: @ the idiots please show at least one time in your life manners and stay out of serious topics.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:01:02 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:18:25 am »

tankedit: Unrelated material removed

And RRs, best tactic ever
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:26:37 am by tank130 » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 08:02:59 am »

Best one?

Wait for him to fire 88 arty, rush in with your tanks, it's dead.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:09:34 pm »

Undecided I thought 88's got nerfed into the oblivion of worthlessness but that could just be me.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »

Ick he was being serous its one of those rare moments.

if he fires arty its down for 30's i think or something like that.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
calbanes Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:15:27 pm »

Right, 30 sec of no fire. Not so much time to coordinate an attack with armor to the 88 unless people are ready for that in advance...
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »

It's not terribly difficult to bait a barrage, or you know. wait for one. Players get itchy fingers

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 01:32:10 pm »

That's why in the rare times I use 88's, I seldom use the barrage.

Even then I'll be sure to have 2 supporting AT pieces for peace of mind should I want to do an 88 barrage.

Though tbh, Snipers are brilliant at dealing with 88's, you just need to follow up on it quickly. Otherwise, smoke + inf of most any description will do the job.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »

Undecided I thought 88's got nerfed into the oblivion of worthlessness but that could just be me.

well yes i also have the impression that it was better, (and had a fair price) but allies are still crying that 88 is so hard to handle, thats why i want to give advices
HitlersFury Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

well yes i also have the impression that it was better, (and had a fair price) but allies are still crying that 88 is so hard to handle, thats why i want to give advices

allies always QQ

look at how many games allies r winning still they QQ
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:41:00 pm by HitlersFury » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:41:04 pm »

if you can get behind a shot blocker mortars take out 88s surprisingly fast. if there's a med bunker itll of course be a bit tougher though.

i usually dont worry about 88s unless they are spammed thats when it's a problem to deal with.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 01:41:55 pm »

88's Really aren't that difficult to deal with.

Problems only really arise in one of two situations:

1. Your enemy has had ample time to set up the perfect defence complete with choke points, perfectly positioned HMG's/mines/obstacles and supporting units. Typically speaking, were talking a solid 8-10 minutes to put this together as it requires a concerted effort by the entire enemy team. Allowing the enemy to do this is typically the Allies fault. The only exception would be 2-4 Axis players who are exceptionally coordinated and have pre-arranged a "perfect" defence which can be set up within a 3-4 minute defence timer.

2. Your team lacks the required tools for the job. This means that nobody on your team has any Snipers, flank-capable infantry, mortars, artillery, smoke offmaps/onmaps, and the likes. The only time you'll regularly see this happen is near the end of a game when resources are running dry OR the Allied team REALLY wasn't expecting 88's.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05:34 pm »

. Otherwise, smoke + inf of most any description will do the job.

this

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »

its all fun and games untill a goli fucks u up
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »

Spread your infantry out?  Rush with at least 4 squads spread across a screen or a screen and a half in an arc, goli can only get 1 MAYBE 1.5.  Leaves plenty to do the job.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 08:39:07 pm »

CAPTURE THE 88!!!

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc