Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 09:37:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coh 2 Preorder Beta  (Read 63813 times)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 10:26:30 am »

He is busy going apeshit on Kim Jong Uns ass.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 10:44:50 am »

He's in Europe travelling at the moment
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 10:48:31 am »

He's in Europe travelling at the moment

ahh, ok

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2013, 12:00:00 pm »

I'm not getting the cartoonish criticism which I've seen here and there. It's definitely the same graphical style as the first game, and the only thing in terms of gameplay I can say so far is that it's a lot faster in pacing than the original. I don't quite understand how it's become "cartoonish". Certainly there are some issues regarding artillery and mortars at the moment, but from what I understand they'll be resolved soon.

As for the game itself, I've quite enjoyed it thus far. The game is not well-optimized for my graphics card at the moment (which is frustrating) but the game is still playable. The only things which I've noticed so far which I'm ambivalent about are the hit and miss nature of infantry engagements in this game. It seems like sometimes your guys will hit every shot and decimate an enemy squad, but sometimes they'll miss everything and be forced to rout. It's something they can hopefully change for the release, as most of time in vCoH there was a random element but it didn't seem as prevalent as it is here.

One thing which I loved was the new musical score. So great.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2013, 01:32:03 pm »

thats how i felt as i played dow2. It was so limited in the quality/amount of strategies and tactics that i got bored of the same fuckn gameplay strats very fast. Well sounds like coh2 will be the same, better graphics (okay i have to test if it really is better) but a lose of depth in gameplay and strategy.

I gonna test the game on friday and gonna focus on these points, but all these comments i already heard are making me scared and sad Sad

Yeah I think you're bang on with the DOW2 comparison. That's exactly what this game feels like. Use a small number of units, little tactical variety, and cartoonish/almost silly units/gameplay.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »

looks like eirr4life wins vs coh2 lol

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 03:39:05 pm »

Will wait for price drop.

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 04:30:29 pm »

Ye of little faith. I really do not see any reason to dislike the new game past the obvious flaws of it being in an unfinished state, both in terms of balance and otherwise, and the faster pace. All the other complaints, I suspect, are more due to nostalgia goggles.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 04:36:56 pm »

Well in its current state there's alot to improve before release in a few months.

Don't be surprised if this is closer to the finished product then you think.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

Ye of little faith. I really do not see any reason to dislike the new game past the obvious flaws of it being in an unfinished state, both in terms of balance and otherwise, and the faster pace. All the other complaints, I suspect, are more due to nostalgia goggles.

So basically it's what they did when they ruined DoW with DoW2...
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:42 pm »

This thread is not encouraging Sad

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2013, 04:51:26 pm »

So basically it's what they did when they ruined DoW with DoW2...

no, nowhere close. battles get large, can be quite fast paced and are very fun.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »

I liked the alphas fast pace. (aside from tech speed which has supposedly been lowered)

Tanks felt like tanks(except t-34s that got faster with ramming) infantry were good and deadly, and a tank entering a town without infantry support was doomed.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2013, 05:01:54 pm »

I'm not sure if it was introduced in the alpha, but ramming for T-34's has a minimum range on it. Some sap thought he'd try his luck against my Tiger, only for me to disappear behind a building then dash out and hug his tank when he peeked the corner. No 1-click win for you sucka.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »

DOW 2 was slow teching (non existant really) the game play was slow, the unit count was next to nothing.

This game feels big, and the atmosphere is suited to the front. I think most peoples issue is that its 'different'.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2013, 05:15:32 pm »

I'm not sure if it was introduced in the alpha, but ramming for T-34's has a minimum range on it. Some sap thought he'd try his luck against my Tiger, only for me to disappear behind a building then dash out and hug his tank when he peeked the corner. No 1-click win for you sucka.

It needs to have no super acceleration(not beyond the units normal stats) and it'd be better if it had a rudimentary physics model in place. (speed and tonnage vs target speed and tonnage[forward/reverse, sideways])

I'd settle for static modified values on a per unit basis. Ideally though it'd be a physics model and you'd have to choose the charge line manually. So you'd get punished for missing or your opponent dodging(I hear your supposed to stay away from thawing rivers)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2013, 05:19:04 pm »

Whilst I most definitely agree that'd be neat... You're hoping lol. Though it may be possible to do it via RGD if you can set it to cause crits on contact at certain speeds.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2013, 05:48:02 pm »

The maps all seem relatively tiny and you essentially just end up fighting over the same 2 or 3 screen-sized areas on each one. There's just no point pushing further at any given time.

There are also just too many easy units.

I think you pretty much nailed it. The biggest issue is how awful the maps are. They are too small and narrow to make for any tactical gameplay like flanking and large scale engagements. Not to mention all the rivers and heavy snow. The gameplay is difficult to enjoy because of all the kangaroo-esque units. I use kangaroo as a metaphor for ridiculously broken units, which suck the fun out of the game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:49:40 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

Keep in mind, if you're worrying about broken units, that the original game itself was never perfect when it came to balance, not even in its earliest years. I have no doubt that mortars and artillery will be fixed before release, probably within the beta period itself.

In regards to the maps, I really cannot see what people are complaining about. Maybe it's the lack of haybales or something, because as of now the maps feel very much like the standard CoH fare - I see no reason to complain about them. You have the main routes to the central areas which are easy to access but also easy to create a killzone in, then you have the alternate routes and side areas which have risk, in that they may feature deep snow/freezing temperatures, or other hazards like frozen rivers, but they provide rewards in terms of flanking capabilities. No real qualms here from me.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2013, 08:44:12 pm »

KCH, the epitome of realism
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc