Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:45:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COH2 Balance Discussion  (Read 33685 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 03:59:01 pm »

No, I'm saying that there were Russian units that could seriously take the fight to the Germans, even at the outset of the war when the ENTIRE RU military was considered utterly incompitent at most every level--an unfortunate stigma that still exists in the minds of some today.

Also, I can't personally think that Soviet paratroops were badass?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »

Soviet paratroops were very well trained just like any other elite unit out there afaik, it's just that the vast majority of their troops were a conscripted army and this overwhadowed the few more elite units within the soviet army. Is what I think he's trying to say anyway.

Your more elite soviet paratrooper was most likely better trained than your average German grenadier at any stage in the war, but your average german soldier was still better trained than your average soviet conscript by leaps and bounds.

But the worse offense in the game right now? Worse than KCH? Yeah... Penal battalion squads. See, at least KCH are 100% fictitious and fake.

Still the most important thing to note here is that the FUCKING PENAL BATTALIONS ARE ARMED WITH COMPLICATED SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES! I'm still pissed about this, who does relic decide to give the SVT rifles to? The average troops as an upgrade? Nope! The battle hardened guard units? NOPE! The assault oriented units? Bwahaah, NOPE!

No says relic, lets give it to the PENAL TROOPS! The people that historically could get thrown into combat without proper weapons and ammo and were generally ordered to suicide charge and hey, try to find a weapon on the battlefield because WE DONT CARE BOUT YOU SCUM!. Seriously, whoever made this unit and mandated they be the BEST RIFLE SHOTS IN THE ENTIRE RUSSIAN ARMY should honestly get fired from relic, not slapped, FIRED. Let me reiterate, the PENAL BATTALION is currently the best rifle shots at any range (dps wise) in the russian arsenal on top of being armed with the most advanced rifles in the soviet arsenal... The punishment battalion yeah right.

/Furious Rant
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:11:27 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »

To put it in shorter terms, imagine that if volksgrenadiers were the tier 2 troops and came armed with all G43's. That would still make more sense than what the penal troops are in CoH2 as even volksgrenadiers were held to a way higher standard than penal troops ever were.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »

Seriously, whoever made this unit and mandated they be the BEST RIFLE SHOTS IN THE ENTIRE RUSSIAN ARMY should honestly get fired from relic, not slapped, FIRED. Let me reiterate, the PENAL BATTALION is currently the best rifle shots at any range (dps wise) in the russian arsenal on top of being armed with the most advanced rifles in the soviet arsenal... The punishment battalion yeah right.

Would be epic if it was PQ that made that did it.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 04:46:08 pm »

Those Penal guys. They're survivors. They stole all that good equipment.

Infact, their ingenuity warrants them an upgrade! SVT's to AVT's!

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »

To put it in shorter terms, imagine that if volksgrenadiers were the tier 2 troops and came armed with all G43's. That would still make more sense than what the penal troops are in CoH2 as even volksgrenadiers were held to a way higher standard than penal troops ever were.
I feel the same way about ANZACS.
They overcame great odds in many battles and performed many daring raids, yet there just foot notes in WW1-2 history.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 05:12:38 pm »

Hey. Theres only so much Great War to share, it already gets shafted by WW2 being more 'popular'. '14-'18 is Canada's war.

I guess we can give you Turkey and Southern France. Anything else you gotta talk to the Yankees about, they did terrible.
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »

No balance stuff, but.:
Fix that horrible zoom factor. Tanks and atgs firing over like 3 coh2 screens is just a joke, even shitty DOW2 was slightly! better at that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:21:58 pm by MissileJoe » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »

No balance stuff, but.:
Fix that horrible zoom factor. Tanks and atgs firing over like 3 coh2 screens is just a joke, even shitty DOW2 was slightly! better at that.
Lol I rekkon, this is why that camera mod cropped up for coh 1.

You would think they would have learned.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »

No balance stuff, but.:

+1

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »

Pretty sure they wont be increasing the distance you can zoom out.

From what PQ told me, increasing the distance you can zoom out would increase the minimum system requirements of the game, and as far as the money-making department is concerned, that's apparently bad mojo.

Yeah, can't say I like it either.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 07:07:18 pm »

Pretty sure they wont be increasing the distance you can zoom out.

From what PQ told me, increasing the distance you can zoom out would increase the minimum system requirements of the game, and as far as the money-making department is concerned, that's apparently bad mojo.

Yeah, can't say I like it either.
but dosent it use the same engine as Dow2 which is already 3 years old.
Considering new products on the pc market are obsolete nearly every month.
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 07:42:24 pm »

Yeah whats this thing made for? The fucking x-box?
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 09:32:57 pm »

So pqumsieh, I'm incredibly curious to know exactly what the people at Relic think of the Flame Halftrack. Seriously, who thought that giving it those veterancy bonuses, coupled with the damage and field-clearing capability was a smart idea? Seriously, who?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 09:38:57 pm »

Probally because outside of skirmish you almost never saw then in coh1due to a lot of other units over shadowing them
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 09:41:13 pm »

The answer to that is not to make them overshadow other units.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 12:51:26 am »

All flamer units are strong. Have you seen a KV-8. They scare the fuck out of me way more then Flame halftracks. Those I can kill. A KV-8 is durable as shit.

Honestly, I like some strong units like that. The wipe everything on retreat is my only real gripe about them but even then I minimize losses by staggering my retreats.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 03:00:28 am »

Put in optional zoom-mod within CoH2 install files (under advanced install only), with a warning that it may impact in-game performance.

Min Sys. Req's. remain as low as before, players with computers that cost more than 200 USD today don't have to scream in unison rage at Relic being incompetent money-hoarding shits.

Win-win for all.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 03:40:29 am »

How would the Advanced installation work in Steam then? Will CoH2 be fully dependant on Steam or will it be aquireable without Steam?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2013, 04:06:27 am »

How would the Advanced installation work in Steam then? Will CoH2 be fully dependant on Steam or will it be aquireable without Steam?
As far as I can tell it will be completely hosted by steam whether you buy it via steam or a retailer, you'll still have to download it via steam.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc