Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:37:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible EIRR Server Closure.  (Read 15796 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: November 09, 2013, 08:17:27 pm »

Hi ladies and gents,

As you may or may not have noticed, the server was down for a couple of days.
We require a bit of help on our donations tab again to remain afloat.

So, I ask if you have enjoyed the mod, and play it - make a small donation to keep the server up.

On a personal note, I need to make an apology for my lack of updates of late - I was in a car accident a few months ago, and suffered a head injury, while not serious in itself, coupled with previous concussions was enough to have me unable to use computers for quite some time.

In other news, if we receive enough to hold the server up for a month or two, planning for some patches and updates will probably be forthcoming.  As it stands, going month to month is not an optimal situation for planning anything for the future.

We (as a community) have a couple of options for where EIRR can go from here, and Id like to hear your input on the following choices:
- Leave EIRR as it is, with the occasional RGD patch.
- Update the old launcher with fixes, RGD patches for balance, and add / fix some existing mechanics in place (In game, and In Launcher)
- Port over the old launcher to EIRRMods new GUI design (which would allow incremental adjustments/fixes to current mechanics) and has much better chat/interaction options (as it is not designed the same way for communication with our server).

Thank you for taking the time to read this - drop us a post here to say hi and that you're still alive!  Id love to see whos still active!
Regards
EIRRMod and the EIRR Team

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:41:07 pm »

tl;dr

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »

EIRRMods new GUI
design

Hrm?

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 11:11:03 pm »

which option will get done sooner?.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:35:40 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:54:39 am »

i am still here..  Grin Grin Grin

TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 12:57:25 am »

Hi, and nice to see server up again, but...

am I understanding you correctly to be saying that if more money (Im hazy on the amount, is it the $54 monthly tab?) does not come in EiR will be done?  Maybe not immediately, but in the near future?

And the options you list, only really make sense if there is some long term solution to the donation problem?

I dont mean to sound gloomy, but just trying to square the tenor of the post with the realistic future of the mod...

thanks.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 01:19:01 am »

Hi,

how about patch first and than money later? i dont mind pay for playing this great mod. it is still interesting for me but being tricked multiple times with promises makes me and rest of comunyti be a little bit pesimistic about patches tbh. and no tank its not personal insult to devs as u allways take critisism as the end of the world. in fact there are a lot of guys still playing this mod and even more waiting for a patch as a reason to come back.

as for eirrrmod, any changes you choose to do are very welcome, if you aint have new patch completed i offer to you update launcher with old stuff for fun since u have codes and descriptions of old patches done.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:26:29 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 03:16:40 am »

Ill help anyway i can, how much do we need, also the new design, will it make it easier for the devs, or what is the point of it so to say, i mean one does not just create a completely new design without an intent ^^ And if it is the case that the new version is going to make things easier for the devs and so directly influence the mods survival then im all for it ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 06:33:28 am »

Ill help anyway i can

"Officer of Kindness"  Grin

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:04 am »

The fact of the matter is that we have always relied on community donations to keep the mod going. Granted Tank has been generous enough at times to ''cover'' for the lack of donations, it's not a comfortable situation for us or for him. Player donations have always gone to keeping the server going, even if at times we made ''additional'' promises. It is regretabble that some of these promises were not delivered on, but please don't let that diminish the value we ascribe to your support, or the overall importance of community donations in general.

The 54$ monthly goal in the donation bar is how much we need to keep everything going.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 09:46:04 am »

The new EIRRmod GUI sounds good.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 09:47:48 am »

Hi,

how about patch first and than money later? i dont mind pay for playing this great mod. it is still interesting for me but being tricked multiple times with promises makes me and rest of comunyti be a little bit pesimistic about patches tbh. and no tank its not personal insult to devs as u allways take critisism as the end of the world. in fact there are a lot of guys still playing this mod and even more waiting for a patch as a reason to come back.

as for eirrrmod, any changes you choose to do are very welcome, if you aint have new patch completed i offer to you update launcher with old stuff for fun since u have codes and descriptions of old patches done.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 09:52:02 am »

Hi, and nice to see server up again, but...

am I understanding you correctly to be saying that if more money (Im hazy on the amount, is it the $54 monthly tab?) does not come in EiR will be done?  Maybe not immediately, but in the near future?

And the options you list, only really make sense if there is some long term solution to the donation problem?

I dont mean to sound gloomy, but just trying to square the tenor of the post with the realistic future of the mod...

thanks.
In short, pretty much.

Without a server, we dont have a mod.  I cant field the cost alone (not that I have, tank130 has been very helpful) and without some sort of quick term solution, I dont see where to go from here.

So yeah, the options are if the server is up.  If its not, well, then there isnt a mod really is there?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 09:53:32 am »

which option will get done sooner?.
Obviously the first option.

We release an RGD patch, and then the developers basically close shop and leave the server running.

Personally, thats not the option I want, but realistically, if noone is interested in the mod - then thats the way to go (which is why I asked)
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

Hrm?
I'll post some screenshots in a week or so.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 09:55:22 am »

Hi,

how about patch first and than money later?
Because Im not going to waste my time if the server goes down?  Quite simply the server *IS* going to go down without change.

So, whether I do anything or not, the issue is still there.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 09:56:59 am »

it is still interesting for me but being tricked multiple times with promises makes me and rest of comunyti be a little bit pesimistic about patches tbh. and no tank its not personal insult to devs as u allways take critisism as the end of the world. in fact there are a lot of guys still playing this mod and even more waiting for a patch as a reason to come back.
I dont think this is insulting - its quite true!

Numerous excuses have been made by me in the past, so I completely understand where you're coming from Shab.

I'll see what I can do for an RGD patch Wink
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 09:59:25 am »

Would it be possible to donate without using PayPal? (I don't like places which have my details saved, or make me have to put in a balance to then pay things with).

Isnt that the definition of almost any credit-card or online payment service?

Just sayin' Wink

In answer, I dont think so - paypal link is the option we have, and I dont know if you can donate to a paypal via a cred/debit card.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 10:17:52 am »

I dont think this is insulting - its quite true!

Numerous excuses have been made by me in the past, so I completely understand where you're coming from Shab.

I'll see what I can do for an RGD patch Wink

if donations will keep going on after RGD patch, and u aint be needed pay for server (comunyti will pay) can we expect more patches to come? cuz donations will clearly show if this mod still has a future at least when eirr2 will come.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 11:51:28 am »

Would it be possible to donate without using PayPal? (I don't like places which have my details saved, or make me have to put in a balance to then pay things with).

Uh you don't have to do either with pay pal...

I think the full port + fixes would be good
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:55:27 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc