Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 12:17:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Poll
Question: Do we need a reset?
We need it - 11 (50%)
We dont need it - 11 (50%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a reset  (Read 15304 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 05:33:09 pm »

Hmm, it would be a fuck ton of work to make it happen.

I'd be much more inclined to pan the unit. Just because something exists doesn't mean we MUST include it into EiRR, does it?

From a marketing perspective, I say we consider all of our options.

If we want to sell our mod on top of a 6 year old game, we need all the tools at our disposal.

A fun game is better than a dead game.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 05:57:20 pm »

The problem here is, the receiving end really isn't having any fun.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 06:07:24 pm »

Ok so if were going to add everything that exists.

Calliope jeep
Centurion
valentine
Matilda
tetrach 40mm cs
sherman mk5
Churchill black prince
Dingo scout car........

You see my point

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

Kinda suprised there is a BP out there. would be a aesome legendary. GIVE IT FLANK SPEED PHOSPHORUS SHOT AND p4ct phantom armor.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 06:30:43 pm »

yes, allies need some reward unit love.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 06:55:45 pm »

From a marketing perspective, I say we consider all of our options.

If we want to sell our mod on top of a 6 year old game, we need all the tools at our disposal.

A fun game is better than a dead game.

So we should include that unit with the shreks on the donkey?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 06:57:47 pm »

shrrcks and rockets.
im actually curious to see the eeshelschreck in action.
what armour would it have ? Ass armor ?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 08:23:22 pm »

Yes, that could be fun tbh. But nothing is set up right for it. Go ahead, make all the reward units copies of existing units and try to fool people into thinking your providing something innovative and new.

This post was going to be much longer and meaner sounding, but I deleted it all past that point. Ill save that energy for EIR2 if we are ever able to get that off the ground.

Nothing directed at you personally tank, I just think we are being indecisive little babies when we are trying to discuss what sells.

On a more general note, I am shit out of patience waiting for y'all to come to a consensus on what is considered "balanced" while the rest of the game gets stale and dies. We stifle so many great ideas waiting for this magical word to happen and for everyone to agree on it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:29:57 pm by Groundfire » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »

Honestly? I don't see why we couldn't add the Black Prince, M7, 38t, Matilda and PzIII if we got them working. Doesn't even have to be reward units for all of them.

The PzIII could fit snugly into the PE line as a light-medium tank, capable of puting up some semblance of a fight with other lighter tanks, sort of like an axis relationship that the Sherman/Crom has. (yes, realism is out the window but the crom already sucks in tank combat so why not?). The BP could actually have a case made for it being a high priced RE unit, maybe replace the crocodile with the BP If we actually go ahead and redesign that doctrine. Given that all "Tank" doctrines have their signature heavy I think the BP might be more fun there, or just make it a reward unit.

A lot of people want the Churchill Mk.IV back because it was a spammable bullet sponge, well... Why not use the Matilda here? It's just as iconic and serves much the same role, without looking silly large and cumbersome, It would add some variety to. That'd leave the RE line with the Matilda, Mk.6 and BP. Giving it the croc and BP would be overkill.

Hmm, it would be a fuck ton of work to make it happen.
Actually, while this might first seem like a hassle it's one of the few things that would be easy to do. A dev with SQL access has to change the drop rate on it, that's about it. I think the current value is "5", changing it to "1" would reduce your chance of getting a maus by... Well, my math sucks right now but it's five to tenfold.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:51:34 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 10:42:02 pm »

I think RE should have the option of croc or blackprinc3 as T3 unlocks.
give matilda as a default choice the same way canadians replace regular tommies in RCA
Mk4 church as T1 unlock
Mk6 and avre as joint T2 unlock.

And add stuart recce as a stuart hp/cost but maybe 4-5 pop.

Flak panzer 38t should be pe general duty airborne counter
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 12:45:28 am »

Yes, that could be fun tbh. But nothing is set up right for it. Go ahead, make all the reward units copies of existing units and try to fool people into thinking your providing something innovative and new.

This post was going to be much longer and meaner sounding, but I deleted it all past that point. Ill save that energy for EIR2 if we are ever able to get that off the ground.

Nothing directed at you personally tank, I just think we are being indecisive little babies when we are trying to discuss what sells.

On a more general note, I am shit out of patience waiting for y'all to come to a consensus on what is considered "balanced" while the rest of the game gets stale and dies. We stifle so many great ideas waiting for this magical word to happen and for everyone to agree on it.

+1 for groundfire speaking his mind.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 01:12:49 am »

Read the name of topic u morons..

I feel we need reset so bad right now tbh. Every active player now have a pile of gold and shitload of rew u its. No more spice and no more of that feeling come to launcher after a game with a hope you will get a rew unit in your vanila army to make it special. No racing in doctrine unlocks. It makes eirr again be stagnant. Pls do reset. It will be win -win situation for devs (not much work needed to put in to make it happen) and for the players get dat feel of fresh start

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 01:50:39 am »

yeah shab, why don't you throw away all your money in the lake? that way you get to be poor all over again. oh the fun to be had, losing all your progress just to be able to do all the remedial and boring shit all over again.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:53:23 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 03:04:11 am »

Read the name of topic u morons..

I feel we need reset so bad right now tbh. Every active player now have a pile of gold and shitload of rew u its. No more spice and no more of that feeling come to launcher after a game with a hope you will get a rew unit in your vanila army to make it special. No racing in doctrine unlocks. It makes eirr again be stagnant. Pls do reset. It will be win -win situation for devs (not much work needed to put in to make it happen) and for the players get dat feel of fresh start

Wrong man, im pretty dang active and I only have 200g and 2 reward units.

some of us don't get to stack attack ere game.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 05:22:37 am »

I think what we have proven with out a doubt over the last year is that reward  units do not "sell" this mod. Adding more of the same shit is not going to "sell" it any better.
We currently have a bunch of reward units, yet our mod essentially dies right before our eyes. But, oddly enough, there has been a surge of players returning and playing games again with absolutely no new units or patch.

What is really wrong with this mod is that it has becoming fucking boring. Adding a few shinny new pieces of equipment is not going to bring people back for any longer then it takes to use the unit a couple of games.

Shab is right, what we need is a massive shift in the game environment, like a reset. Battles made up of vanilla everything, morphing into battles of full docs. Right now every game is full companies played on Nueville. I haven't played in months, I come back to the same exact shit - boring as fuck.

Fix the warmap so it is not a stale piece of useless crap. Turn it into something that actually influences the game and creates some variation. Make the Warmap reset every couple of months so the meta game shifts.

Reward units are cool and we should continue to add what we can as long as we remain responsible in our decisions. Adding broken shit or shit that is stupidly designed/balanced is far more negative in the long run, even if it appears to "sell" short term.

Or add the eeshelschreck. I am sure that will keep people coming back...../sarcasm
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 06:22:22 am »

yeah shab, why don't you throw away all your money in the lake? that way you get to be poor all over again. oh the fun to be had, losing all your progress just to be able to do all the remedial and boring shit all over again.

Cba search posts we had after previous resets to prove you are wrong Pony but yyou are Ponyslaystation so its more than enough said lol

Few guys dont want reset cuz they r campers and  they are happy about fact they have more gold than other player but dont be comfused devs by Pony's abuse he loves camp the same in launcher and in game
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:30 am »

This is all fixed for next patch and we are aware of the issue.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 06:35:47 am »

To keep eir interesting u need better doctrines, a lot of them are boring and useless. Donate to me ill design changes and donate to leophone to code it.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 07:15:10 am »

To keep eir interesting u need better doctrines, a lot of them are boring and useless. Donate to me ill design changes and donate to leophone to code it.
I'd actually have faith in Skaffa to get them done. Might as well cut out Leophone and let Nikomas code them if he's willing. Then Skaffa just has to work closely with Nikomas to make interesting doctrines that can actually be coded.

ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 07:15:48 am »

After reset games are way more interesting, again gaining doctrine unlocks and fighting some reward units with yours almost vanila companies.. Epic times after reset must come back tbh since we dont get patch i believe its for you (Devs) is not that hard to do a wipe. Keep in mind every reset we had before were bringing back people because its so damn fun to play again

something fresh

reset? to see how vanilla allied stuff i supirior to axis stuff, and reading in the forums that axis are noobs? Cause you lose against the units not against the player. Sry shab but the thing that gives axis a chance to fight allied shit is actually what they get as unlock and doc specializations.

what will bring players back is:
rethinking of the metagame
balance
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:17:45 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc